Something New

BangLo Oneshots


 

YongGuk likes to keep things the way they’ve always been but meeting JunHong makes him reconsider



 

YongGuk walked into the coffee shop he had frequented since his freshman year in high school. He was finishing university now and it was still his favourite place to be whenever he was back in town. He knew every crevice of the place and it made him feel extremely comfortable. It was the one thing he could trust never to change. It was safe.

He sat in the seat he always sat in and waited for his regular waitress – a sweet ahjumma named HaeKyung – to approach him. After about 10 minutes of waiting he started to look around. He recognized other faces but HaeKyung was nowhere to be seen. The place was pretty busy though, maybe she was in the back sorting out things that only she could sort out and as soon as she came out front and saw him she would rush over.

He was just glancing at his watch when he heard hurried footsteps. He looked up smiling to greet the ahjumma but instead he was greeted with a much younger unfamiliar male face. The boy smiled brightly at him and glanced around.

“I’m sorry you’ve been waiting so long sir. We’re short-staffed today but I will try to serve you as best as I can. What can I get you?”

YongGuk was momentarily stunned by the boy in front of him. He thought anyone would be whether they were attracted to him or not. He was at least 6 feet tall with dusty blonde hair fixed into a perfectly windswept style. It didn’t help that he wore contacts of a brown colour that was just dark enough to be realistic.

“Um…sir?” The boy asked uncertainly. “If you’re a little overwhelmed may I suggest the Gangnam Latte? It’s a specialty drink we’ve just adopted and it’s quite popular. Most of the customers here today are getting it.”

“Um…sure…” YongGuk said, still staring at the boy.

He normally ordered a black coffee but, what the heck. He should try something new.

The boy quickly scribbled down his order, flashed YongGuk another smile and hurried away. YongGuk sat back in his seat when he realized he was leaning forward and took a deep breath. He could really use his ahjumma right now…

The boy returned all too quickly and placed YongGuk’s steaming drink in front of him. YongGuk surreptitiously squinted at his name tag to make out the name ‘JunHong’.

“Can I get you anything else, sir?” JunHong asked.

“Um, um no, I’m fine, thank you,” YongGuk said, looking away before he froze up again.

JunHong nodded and hurried away again to another table. YongGuk wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans and picked up the latte in front of him. He blew on it gently and took a small sip. It was a little too sweet for him but that was the least of his concerns right now.

YongGuk looked down at the latte and blinked. The words ‘Call Me’ were written neatly in foam on the surface of the hot liquid. How had he missed that? He shamelessly began to search for a number somewhere. He checked his napkins and even under the tiny saucer that his cup was placed on but there was nothing.

YongGuk finally looked up to see JunHong standing not too far away smirking at him. YongGuk immediately turned red and focused on his coffee. JunHong walked over, took off the black apron tied around his waist and sat down.

“Looking for something?” he asked.

“Ah…”

JunHong laughed at YongGuk’s embarrassment and YongGuk clutched his coffee cup in an attempt to calm down when he noticed the dimple in JunHong’s right cheek.

“I wanted to make sure you were interested first,” JunHong said, still grinning. He wrenched YongGuk’s hand from its tight grasp on his coffee cup and pulled a pen out from his shirt pocket. JunHong wrote his name and number in YongGuk’s hand and let go.

YongGuk looked at his palm then back up at JunHong who winked playfully then got up and sauntered away from the table.

YongGuk closed and opened his eyes disbelievingly.

He had never been approached by another guy before and it had never happened the other way around either. He didn’t know what it was but JunHong just…stupefied him. YongGuk pulled out his phone and entered JunHong’s number in case anything happened to the number written on his palm.

It wouldn’t hurt to call, right? 



 

Hello everyone~~ please don't hesitate to comment! I like to know what you guys think! ^^;;


 

pic cr: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/602704