Solace

BangLo Oneshots




 




 

JunHong is having trouble sleeping...again. But a little YongGuk always helps.




JunHong curled up under the soft sheets of the hotel bed and bit down on his already sore bottom lip. Maybe, just maybe, he thought, tonight would be different and he would be able to find relief instead of terror in sleep. He tried to resist but his eyelids began to droop despite the bright lights and television he had left on in the room. As he began to drift off his senses tingled and his eyes snapped open. He could feel it already – he would not sleep soundly tonight.

But try as he might JunHong’s heavy eyelids closed and the terror began.

He could barely breathe. He couldn’t move. He heard voices saying things he couldn’t understand yet he knew the intent was sinister. He struggled to move but just twitching his pinky finger took such a great effort. JunHong didn’t know how long he lay there paralyzed  and struggling to take in air through his nostrils but suddenly it was over and he sprang up in bed.

Immediately, he was crying. He was almost eighteen; he should be able to handle a stupid nightmare, shouldn’t he? JunHong glanced at the clock and sighed. There was a long way to go until morning and he was guaranteed to suffer if he fell asleep again.

He finally decided to cast off his teenaged pride and went to YongGuk’s room. JunHong knocked gently in case his hyung was sleeping but YongGuk was at the door in a matter of seconds.

“JunHong?” YongGuk asked. “Why are you – have you been crying?”

YongGuk immediately pulled JunHong into the room and closed the door.

“JunHong, what is it?”

“It’s happening again,” JunHong said quietly. “I can’t sleep...”

“The sleep paralysis?” YongGuk asked.

JunHong nodded and looked up at YongGuk.

“I know I’m getting too old for this but...can I sleep with you?” JunHong asked meekly.

“You’ll never be too old for me to take care of you,” YongGuk told him with a reassuring smile. “Come on, I’ll be in bed soon.”

JunHong slipped under the covers and listened to the sounds of YongGuk washing his face and brushing his teeth. Soon, YongGuk was in bed and pulling JunHong close to him.

“I won’t sleep so don’t worry,” YongGuk whispered to the maknae.

JunHong nodded and closed his eyes.

But soon enough his eyes flew open. He wasn’t facing YongGuk anymore but instead he was facing the ceiling. He quickly closed his eyes before he saw what YongGuk had told him were just hallucinations. He was trapped again in that horrible frozen state and the feelings of dread began to descend. JunHong tried to scream but he could only hear his voice in his head.

He tried to move his hand when he realized it was warm. He focused all his energy on his hand and ever-so-gently squeezed YongGuk’s hand that was in his. He was woken immediately and the first thing he saw was YongGuk’s concerned face over his.

“Did it happen again?” YongGuk asked.

JunHong nodded and YongGuk sighed in frustration.

“Come closer to me,” YongGuk told him.

JunHong moved so that his face was buried between the crook of YongGuk’s neck and the soft bed and YongGuk wrapped his arms around the boy’s shaking frame.

“Just focus on me,” YongGuk said into JunHong’s ear.

JunHong took a deep breath and concentrated on the feeling of YongGuk’s chest rising and falling and his heartbeat thudding gently. He could smell the gentle raspberry scent of YongGuk’s face wash and he smiled a little to himself. He felt completely safe.

The next time JunHong opened his eyes sunlight was filtering through the hotel curtains and YongGuk was snoring quietly next to him. He stretched contentedly and pulled his head back to look at his hyung. As though YongGuk could sense JunHong’s gaze his eyes peeled open and he found the maknae looking at him contentedly.

“You slept well,” YongGuk said, smiling sleepily.

JunHong nodded and stretched again.

“You should sleep here again tonight,” YongGuk said in a voice that demanded more than suggested.

“I should be ok,” JunHong said. “It normally only happens when I’m really tired and we have a day off today.”

YongGuk simply hummed.

“But...I mean...you never know...” JunHong wondered out loud.

“Just in case...” YongGuk said casually.

“Just in case,” JunHong agreed. “I’ll sleep here tonight.”





 

First request!


 

A bit short but I hope you liked it!

pic cr