CHAPTER 9: Forgiveness and Trust

Beautiful Trio Book ONE: YuRi's Love Story

"She was..."

 

Waiting for something she thinks that'll make her more wary. She has this nagging feeling.

 

"She was my childhood friend and ex-girlfriend." TaeYang finally answered.

"Oh..I see.." That's all she can say after the revelation.

"Honey, it's been a long time ago, alright? We.. We separated our ways as friends. That's all." He said looking straight at her eyes.

She look at his eyes. The eyes that always gives her a shiver whenever it looks at her. Deep in her heart she believes him.

"I understand, Hon. Sorry for asking too many questions." She answered feeling embarrassed on how she acted.

TaeYang smiled at her and hugged her tight.

"It's alright. I kinda like it though." He said with a impish smile.

"Huh? You like what?"

"I like how you get too possessive of me."

"No, I'm not!" She denied while laughing.

"Yes, you are." He said in a teasing tone. "Don't deny it. I understand because I'm also possessive of you." He said with a naughty smile. That last statement made her laugh. 

And the happy atmosphere came back. They happily hold hands while taking a stroll.

 


----------------------------------------
On the far side of the mall, there's someone's heart who is hurting just seeing the couple so happy together. Wishing that she can be that happy too. Too many regrets and what ifs in her mind.

"So glad to see you smile the way you used to, Oppa. How I wish I'm the one who made you smile like that." She said from her mind.
----------------------------------------

 


After three days....

 

"Unnie, is this alright?" JooHyun asked her about the dress she pick at the boutique.

"Let me see. Well, it quite suit you, Maknae. You'll definitely look gorgeous wearing that at your uni party." She said proudly.

"Really?" JooHyun embarrassed by her compliment. 

"YuRi Unnie is right, Hyunnie. Boys will be over you like bees." YoonA added.

JooHyun just gives YoonA an annoyed look. That made her smile. Her beautiful dongsaeng is really not comfortable around boys. Well, except for her best friend since kindergarten, Key.

Then something caught her eye from a far. In a cafe, there's something familiar with the guy who is seating and talking to a girl.

"Unnie? Are you alright?" YoonA asks.

"Unnie?" JooHyun asks with a worried voice.

She then look at her dongsaengs with a smile that she knew they know so well.

"Is that what you want to wear at the party?" She ask JooHyun. Trying her best to divert her attention.

YoonA and JooHyun just exchange looks. After they paid for the dress she go straight to the parking lot where her car is parked. Her two sisters just let her be.

She just stared at the blank space at the driver's seat. She doesn't want to think bad about him. She trusts him with all her heart. Really. Then what's this she's feeling. She took a deep breath.

"Unnie.." YoonA said. "Maybe it's not what you think it is."

"Yeah, I know." She said then took a deep breath.

"Unnie." JooHyun called her from the backseat. Then gives her the water bottle which she always carry around.

The gesture made her smile. She drink the water. And surprisingly, it made her feel better.

"Thanks, Maknae." She said. Feeling so thankful with her sisters being there.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the cafe...

 

"It's so nice seeing you, Oppa." Dara said to him.

"Thanks. It's also nice to see you." He then answered. He's really glad to see her. Without the bitterness from his heart. It's like seeing an old friend after so many years.

"That's good." Dara simply said.

"THAT good eh?" He jokingly said.

"Yeah." Dara said with a smile. "I thought.."

"Forget it, Dara. It's all in the past and we're still friends, right?" He interrupted. Because he knows what's she's going to say.

"I can't, Oppa." She said. 

It's been years since they broke up and stay as friends but still he feels bad seeing her eyes so sad like that. 

"I'm sorry for hurting you back then. I thought I'm doing the right thing of letting you go because I know that it's hard to keep up a long distance relationship. I've seen so many of that kind of relationship fails and turn sour by being involved to a third party. I don't want that to happen to us." Dara explains.

"You didn't trusted me to be faithful to you. That's why you broke up with me then."

"I'm sorry. It's my fault." 

"I've already forgiven you. I have my own fault also. I should have tried to win you back then but instead I held unto my pride."

"You're so kind, Oppa." Dara said with a sad smile.

"No, I'm not. I just realized it somehow." 

"Thanks." 

"Welcome, Dara." He said with a heartfelt smile. A smile to a good friend.

"About YuRi.."

"Yeah?"

"I'm happy that you have her and she have you." Dara said with an honest smile.

"Thanks. And I'm thankful I met her and be with her." He simply said. "Also, I hope that you'll meet someone who can make you happy. Really hope."

"Thanks, Oppa. I hope so."