{ Mastermind }

❝A Bloody Fairy Tale❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ Mastermind }

After a long day, checking and talking to every servant who had worked on the day her mother was murdered, Sumin laid down on the bed tiredly, hoping Daehyun had more lucks with the guards. Then, suddenly, her eyes flung wide open as she felt someone’s arm around her waist.

“Dae,” she said, flinched. She had forgiven the Prince. Yes, that was true, but she still couldn’t forget that night completely, even though she was trying her best and Daehyun was being really patient with her. They were taking it slow… very slow. Daehyun was gentle and hadn’t force her to anything she wasn’t comfortable with anymore and she was really thankful for that.

“Don’t be afraid. I won’t do anything to you.” The Prince said as he laid down next to his fiancée. “I just want to make sure that you’re really here.”

“What are you talking about?” Sumin asked confusingly.

“I mean two weeks ago, I wouldn’t even think of lying next to you or holding you like this. It still feels like a dream.”  Daehyun answered, causing Sumin to smile. The Prince could talk nonsense sometimes, but she found that pretty cute. She turned around and wrapped her arms around the Prince’s neck, pulling herself closer. Daehyun held his breath nervously as Sumin looked straight into his eyes. He was about to attack the girl’s cherry lips as someone hit his head hardly.

“Ouch, what was that for?” He asked in shock.

“Oh it hurts?” Sumin played the innocent.

“Yes,” cried Daehyun, rubbing his head in pain.

“Then it’s not a dream.” Sumin said with a victory smile, causing the Prince to roll his eyes in disbelief.

“Do you even know who you just hit? I’m the Prince of the Kingdom.” Daehyun asked, trying to look serious but failed to hide his smile.

“Oh, I am so scared,” answered Sumin sarcastically.

“Han Sumin, you’re so dead.” The Prince smirked before started tickling her and very soon the huge room was filled with their laughter.

“Dae…  S-stop... or else… I will...” Sumin struggled, shouted out loud through her laughter. Just then, the Prince stopped, looked at the girl under him curiously.

“Or else you’ll do what?” He asked with a smirk and there was suddenly a silence in the room. Sumin felt her heart raced as Daehyun ’s eyes wandered to her lips. Slowly, the Prince leaned closer as if he was checking her reaction, asking for permission. Sumin blinked nervously as she felt Daehyun ’s hot breath on her nose. The Prince was only inches away from her. The gap between their lips was becoming shorter and shorter until…

“Daehyun , how did … OH” Yongguk’s voice ruined the silence, causing the couple to turn to the door in shock.

“Yongguk?” They said together, still in an awkward position, since Daehyun was still on top of Sumin.

“S-Sorry I didn’t know you guys were…” Yongguk apologized while his face got red as a tomato. “C-Continue with … I … I was just… I’ll go now. Sorry.”

“No, stay. There is nothing happening.” Sumin called after the older boy, before turned back to Daehyun .

“Ahm, Dae?” She whispered, causing the Prince to get off of her immediately as he noticed in what awkward position they were.

“It’s not what it looks like. We’re just joking around.” Daehyuntold his friend.

“You don’t have to explain anything to me. It’s not my business what you guys do in the bedroom.” Yongguk said, causing Sumin to blush at the statement.

“There was really nothing… Oh you know what, forget it. What did you want to tell me?” The Prince asked.

Yongguk stepped in and closed the door behind him.

“I just wanted to ask whether you found out something new. Our time is running out.” He said worried.

“No we couldn’t,” said Daehyun .

“No one noticed something unusual that day.” Sumin added.

“So it was a waste of time again? This is so frustrated.” Yongguk sighed, sitting down between Sumin and the prince.

“Not really.” Sumin replied after giving the older boy a weird glance while Daehyun was trying to control himself, so that he wouldn’t kick his friend’s for ing.

“What do you mean?” Yongguk asked, looked at Sumin with curious eyes.

“Well, look. It is not what people noticed, but what they didn’t. They all said that the day was absolutely normal and there was nothing odd.” She explained.

“I don’t understand how this is going to help us.” Daehyunstated, confused.

“It does help us, since at least we can be sure that the killer wasn’t a stranger or someone from the outside, because if it was so, somebody would have realized it. That means we’re looking for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter