{The Truth}

❝A Bloody Fairy Tale❞
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{ The Truth }

After a short time, that felt like centuries, looking at the poor girl in front him, Daehyun froze as he recognize that adorable nose, those pretty brown eyes and those kissable lips.

“Minmin?” The familiar name escaped unknowingly from his lips, making it harder for Sumin to hold back her tears. She had image this moment for a millions of times. She had thought of every possible thing she could say right now. Yet, all that seemed to be erased from her mind.

“Dae,” was all she could say. Just calling the Prince by that name was enough. She didn’t need more.

Daehyun’s face lit up as he heard the other girl saying his name. “Dae”, just simple like that and his heart was melted. All the confusion, all the hatreds were gone, replaced by happiness.

“Minmin.” The Prince repeated as he ran forwards, pulling the younger girl into his embrace.

Sumin had tried her best not to cry, but the moment she felt Dae’s arm wrapped around her skinny body, those tears became uncontrollable. She closed her eyes slowly, wanting to feel the Prince’s warmth and nothing else.

The next thing she knew was being alone with Daehyun in the room and the Prince was touching her face, looking straight into her watery eyes with love.

 “I didn’t know… really… I didn’t… I’m so sorry… I never meant to hurt you… Minmin,” said Daehyun with sad puppy eyes. He really didn’t know it was his Sumin. God, what did he do? Since they met again, he had done nothing but hurting his one true love.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” he asked, wiping away the tears on Sumin’s pretty face.

 “Because…”” answered Sumin, looking away. She couldn’t look at Dae’s eyes. She would break down.

“Because it wouldn’t change anything,” she said.

“Minmin, I don’t understand.” The Prince said, confused. His mind told him something was odd. Suddenly he was scared about what was coming. Deep inside the Prince was hoping that he was just too sensitive.

“I mean”. Sumin said. “We’re different now, Daehyun.”

No, don’t call me Daehyun.

“We both changed... Maybe it was good that we didn’t see each other the last years.” Sumin continued with a monotone, trying her best to hide her true feelings that told her to shut up, hug Dae tightly and never let go again.

“How did we change?” The Prince questioned back with a sudden cold voice, as if he had already gave up.

“You’re protecting that murderer, Daehyun. How could you? He killed my mother.” Sumin said loudly, almost yelled by the thoughts of the injustice.

“We’ll never be the same again,” she said with a faint voice that was barely hearable, but still able to break Daehyun’s heart.

 “What should I do to make you believe that Himchan is innocent?” The Prince asked in frustration.

Sumin looked at her with empty and emotionless eyes. Right now she was too tired to argue. Too much happened today and she could feel her strengths leaving her body bit by bit.

“He was alone with her in the library that day, and” Sumin said quietly.

“That means nothing.” The Prince cut her off, but too tired to start a discussion, Sumin continued with that faint voice.

“he still had the knife in his hand---”

“But no one saw how he used it,” Daehyun argued, but Sumin only ignored him.

“and he was covered with her blood.” Sumin wasn’t even sure whether Daehyun was listening or not, since the boy was talking too much. However, she just wanted to end this conversation. She always hated it when they fight.

“Fine, come with me. Meet someone first and then you can decide to believe me or not,” said the Prince, grabbed Sumin’s wrist, dragging her out of the room.

“Where are you taking me this time?” Sumin asked. She wanted to free herself from Daehyun, but the Prince’s grip was gentle this time, and it was warm. It felt good, just like the old time.

“We’re here,” said Daehyun as they stopped at a private jail cell. In the corner, a boy was sitting alone, waving at them.

Sumin gasped as she recognized the person behind the closed jail door. However, Himchan seemed to be more surprised than everyone. He immediately jumped up from his seat and raced to Sumin, causing the younger gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter