Gucci, Gucci

Of Beginning, Falling In Love, and Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joonmyun smiled as he sits down on the fluffy surface. He’s on a cloud, and the wind is blowing softly against his skin. The sky seems so much closer now, he could almost see the stars despite the bright blue sky. There’s airplane not so far from him, almost knocking him off where he is. But he just laughed.

 

Then when he glanced again, he found two tiny figures dashing over him happily. His eyes widened. He recognized them. That’s Pororo and Krong! He grinned ever so widely as the tiny figures keeps heading over him. Oh how he love Pororo so much!

 

“Bababa, babanana – “

                                           

He frowned. No, Pororo doesn’t sound like this. He tilted his head here and there, but there are only him, the slightly confused Pororo and the dumbly happy Krong.

 

But the sound streaks again. “Bababa, babanana.”

 

Then he shrieks when he found four tiny yellow pill-shaped creatures is already standing in front of him. He recognized them as well. They’re minions from Despicable Me movie, Saehyun’s favorite. He frowned before four of them sings again – well, one of them actually is just blowing the thing that sounds like trumpet, annoyingly. The one in the middle actually sing.

 

“Bananaaa! Potatonaaa! Bananahaha! Togali no potato ni gani balo bani ga no jija, baba, babanana! Yo! Planohu, lapa nono tu! Ma – “

 

Joonmyun gasped in horror as he jerked up into sitting position, the blanket violently shoved aside. He breathes in and out with eyes widened. Next to him is the evilly laughing Saehyun, with her iPhone in her hand. There’s a video playing, and Joonmyun acknowledges it as the official trailer of Despicable Me 2. So they’re really singing that annoying song.

 

“Oh my Gosh, ramyun-ssi!! Your face was too priceless to be true!! How come I didn’t record it?!?!” she managed to say in the middle of her laughter. She clutches her tummy and keeps rocking her body back and forth.

 

“BYUN SAEHYUN WHAT ARE YOU – “

 

“Kim Saehyun, ramyun-ssi, KIM SAEHYUN.”

 

“ – THINKING THAT YOU – oh right, sorry – WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!!”

 

Saehyun cringed before she shook her head. “Gosh, Kim Joonmyun, you look like a barbarian when you scream. Now off to bathroom will ya?”

 

“Why are you telling me to – “

 

Before he could even finish his sentence, Saehyun already shoved her phone to him, revealing the numbers glaring. His eyes widened in horror once more when he realized that it’s already seven in the morning. He usually wakes up at six.

 

“No,” he whined, “no no no no!!! Meeting at eight fifteen!! No no oh God – ”

 

“Go take a shower. I’ll prepare your outfit.” Saehyun rambles as she forced Joonmyun to get off the bed. She sneakily slapped Joonmyun’s . “Off to go!!”

 

Joonmyun didn’t care more with the harassment as he grabbed the towel that apparently Saehyun had prepared for him. He went to the bathroom, almost slamming his head against the glass door in process. He can’t even think properly. He has this important meeting at eight fifteen. In a proper morning it takes one hour for him to prepare in his apartment, thirty minutes in street, and another thirty minutes to settle down before he start the day. But if he finished bath, wearing his outfit, and breakfast at eight, how would he be there for the meeting fifteen minutes after that? To think that he needs to prepare the material for the meeting too, he won’t be on time.

 

He feels like crying.

 

When he came out of his bedroom, Saehyun is not in her pink fluffy Pucca pajama anymore. She’s wearing a baby blue hoodie and a casual navy blue jeans. Her hair tied in a pony tail. Seems like she’s packing some food in a plastic container. When she found Joonmyun is standing dumbfounded in front of his bedroom, she sighs heavily.

 

“Come on, I’m driving you to the office.” she briefed as she pick up the plastic container. She grabbed Joonmyun’s car key and headed towards the front door. She’s in the middle of putting on her white sneakers when she found Joonmyun is still staring at him like a mental patient. “Kim Joonmyun you’re going to be late!!”

 

Joonmyun blinked in shock as he pointed at the car key. “But, but – “

 

“What? You honestly don’t think I can’t drive, right?” she frowned at him. Seeing his dumb face, she sighed again. “Geez. You could check my driving license in my wallet if you want.”

 

“How come you never told me before that you could drive??”

 

“Is it really matter now?? Come on! Put on your shoes!”

 

Another five minutes later they’re already inside the car, Saehyun driving the vehicle swiftly while Joonmyun munching over the delicious tuna sandwich his wife had made. He eyed her with that awe-struck expression. “I still can’t believe you could drive.”

 

“Well, I can, so?” she teased.

 

“Then why do you need Changmin and Yunho?”

 

Saehyun rolled her eyeballs. “They’re bodyguards, Joonmyun, not just driver.” she said. “My parents never trust me to drive or simply being out of the house alone. There must be someone next to me, either it’s them, Baekhyun or Chanyeol, or even Soojung. And well, let’s just say I’m kinda lazy to deal with the traffic jam.”

 

Joonmyun nodded at the explanation. “You’re exceptionally good for someone who rarely drives.”

 

“Thank you.” Saehyun giggled. “Have you finished your sandwich?”

 

“I have.” Joonmyun answered as he glanced outside. They’re already in front of the office building. And it’s still ten minutes to eight AM. Thanks to Saehyun Schumacher.

 

“Good luck with the meeting then!” Saehyun chirped. “Do well, okay?”

 

Joonmyun smiled at her. But then he frowned. “What about you? You’re driving home with my car?”

 

“Oh, no, I’ve called Changmin oppa and Yunho oppa to fetch me.” she said as she opened the lock at the doors. “I’ll just wait inside your car. I’ll give the car key to the security later. Is that okay?”

 

“That’s great.” Joonmyun said before he opened the door. He glanced at Saehyun. “Thank you so much!”

 

Saehyun just scrunched her nose playfully. Joonmyun grinned before he hopped off the car and dashed towards the entrance door. Thanks to Saehyun Toretti, now he could properly prepare the presentation with Minseok.

 

But in the elevator, as he steadied his breath, the inner consciousness far at the back of his head mentioned how he never asked where Saehyun went last Friday.

 

____________

 

 

Monday, 22nd July 2013

 

Dear Diary,

 

Prince Joonie was almost late this morning. Pfft, his panicking face was too epic that I regretted I didn’t take a picture of it. Seriously, sometimes he could be so handsome and charming, but at the other moment his face will scrunch up weirdly and even looks like a grandpa. And I should never tell him this if I don’t want him to kick me out of the apartment. Pfft.

 

And oh, I met Taozi this afternoon. He seemed glad to finally meet me again after months of no contacts and such. Well I’m also glad. He’s always a silent yet understanding companion. He didn’t say anything about why he came here and about Yifan, but I really do know why he’s here. Just, somehow both of us had made a silent agreement that we won’t be discussing about Yifan anymore. So well, I spent an hour talking to him until he got this phonecall about a stupid meeting and promised me he’d take me out for a strawberry cheesecake sometimes before he excused himself. He called me mei li. It felt like it’s been ages since the last time someone called me with that name.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter