Unicorn Song

Of Beginning, Falling In Love, and Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ramyun shop is quite crowded tonight, considering that it’s Saturday after all. People of all ages could be found here, from happy noisy kids to a happy couple of elders. Ramyun, after all, is nation’s favorite food. Instant or not, it’s still the number one food along with kimchi. And it also made a couple of Chinese guy interested to come in and eat it again, because it’s been years since the last time they ate it.

 

“Gege,” Yixing murmured. “Luhan ge.”

 

“What.” Luhan said, eyes didn’t leave the iPad screen. Apparently Kakao Talk’s Tiny Pang is more important than listening to one of Yixing’s whining.

 

“Ge,” Yixing whined, ”you’ve never been mad at me this long.”

 

“Because you were being stupid, irresponsible, and childish.” Luhan casually reasoned, cringed as he exploded a bunch of tiny cute pigs and chickens at the same time.

 

Yixing sighed heavily. “Okay I’m sorry. I’ll apologize to Joonmyun. I know I was wrong, I was out of control.”

 

“I doubt he’ll accept you again in his office, he’d probably kick your sorry out.” Luhan said casually, hitting the high score at the game. “Serves you well.”

 

“Gege,” Yixing whined, ”please pity me just for a bit.”

 

Luhan frowned, then he sighed when he saw his cousin slash best friend’s pleading face. He really wants to kick it in glee but of course he couldn’t do that in public, so he sighed again as he put down the iPad. “Xingxing, you’re smart, you’re ambitious, you have a strong instinct of business, you’re trustworthy. Don’t mess your quality with punching your colleague. True that he said a series of hurtful thing to you, but it was because you were being a diva again. I told you to erase that façade. Can’t you be just like this in front of strangers? Am I really the only one who could see the good in you?”

 

It made Yixing flinched back. Luhan always had the right words to say. And this time is not different. Somehow he’s the only one who could pull Yixing back off the edge, showing him the right thing to do. No wonder why his father trusted Luhan so much to be his secretary plus his guardian, because Luhan could always control him.

 

“Understand now, Xingxing?” Luhan’s eyebrow twitched.

 

Slowly, Yixing nodded. “Yes, gege.”

 

Meanwhile four people walked towards a table, loudly chattering as they took the seats and waited for any waitress to come and bring the menu book. They’re too immersed in their talk that they don’t realize they’re sitting next to a couple of quiet Chinese guys, being busy with their own thoughts, one of them is busy popping the bubbles on his iPad. Yixing secretly glanced at them, overhearing their conversation in Korean.

 

There’s this petite girl with round eyes, apparently she talked the loudest among them because he could actually hear what she is talking about. “That’s why I told you to find a girlfriend, Chanyeol. Seriously, you’re popular, why is it so hard for you to find one. Just snatch some random girl and dump her if she’s not that pleasing. Okay that sounds wrong but well you know what I mean.”

 

Ouch, Yixing cringed inside.

 

“I agree!” the other girl with long jet black hair high-fived her friend. “Well not really that agrees. I mean, you could always find a girl, Chanyeol oppa, why are you hesitating so much?”

 

“Yeah Channie, look at me,” the guy with soft yet cheery voice said, “taking chances, finally got one, happy! Sunyeong and I have been dating for, well, two years now.”

 

“Me and Jongin two years and a half now.” the girl in front of him said dreamily.

 

The guy with deep voice that doesn’t really match his young face snorted. “Shut up you three. Let me take my time enjoying my solitary life, won’t ya.”

 

“Are you going to wait until your parents arranged a marriage for you, like me?” the petite girl said in so much drama. Yixing needs to suppress his laugh as she keeps talking. “Don’t get me wrong, Joonmyun is really nice, but seriously, people don’t arrange their children’s marriage these days, yet my parents do. How nice. Luckily my husband is a nice and hardworking person, what if he’s a whiny mama boy who could only whines and whines?”

 

Then his smile faltered. Joonmyun? Yixing noted inside.

 

“But you’re happy with Joonmyun, right? I guess I could go along with that idea.” the deep voice guy said. “That’s it, I’ll go tell my mom to find me a mate. That would be easy!”

 

“Park Chanyeol you moron.” the guy next to him sighed.

 

Joonmyun??

 

“Xingxing,” Luhan called. Getting no answer, Luhan looked up and find Yixing is staring at the table with eyebrows furrowing like there’s no tomorrow. “Yixing?”

 

Still getting no answer, Luhan called louder. “Zhang Yixing!!”

 

“Uh??” Yixing finally looked at him. “What’s wrong, ge?”

 

Luhan pouted at him. “I forgot what I was going to say.” he casually said.

 

Yixing chuckled at him, and then decided to listen to the conversation again. He was tilting his head towards them when he found the petite girl is already staring at him. And the fact that their seats are placed next to each other doesn’t helping him from retreating back. So there they are, staring at each other awkwardly. A few seconds later the girl opened .

 

“Hello!” she chirped at him.

 

Yixing glanced at the other persons at the table. They’re still talking to each other. He glanced back at the girl. “Hello.”

 

“Are you Zhang Yixing?” she beamed with a smile.

 

He can’t help but smile too. “Yes I am. How do you know?”

 

“Well,” she said, “your face says it all. It’s already written on your forehead.”

 

“What?” Yixing unknowingly touched his forehead.

 

Then the girl laughed cheerily. “Just kidding, I overheard your friend there called you with your full name.” she said as she nudged towards Luhan, who apparently has been eyeing both of them. The deer eyed guy smiled widely and nodded at her.

 

“Oh.” Yixing finally chuckled.

 

“So you’re the Zhang Yixing.” she nodded in awe. “Don’t get me wrong, but you are handsome. Seriously, where are you when I was fifteen?? Oh right you’re probably in Beijing. What a shame.”

 

“Uh, thankyou.” Yixing murmured as he secretly blushed. “Am I supposed to know you, miss?”

 

“Oh no, not at all. In fact, I only heard about you from someone else.” she said, waving her hand.

 

“And who that person might be?”

 

The girl said casually. “He’s my husband, Kim Joonmyun. I guess you know him.”

 

What?? Yixing blinked at her. “Kim Joonmyun of KJ Enterprise?”

 

The girl nodded excitedly. “That’s him. And you’re Zhang Yixing of Royale Empire, right?”

 

“Yes he is.” Luhan added in a melodious tone.

 

Yixing eyed the girl from head to toe. Kim Joonmyun, how could you get a girl like this?! “Kim Joonmyun is married??” Yixing said in disbelief. “He’s already married??”

 

The girl blinked. “Uh, yeah. I am the solid proof.” she said awkwardly.

 

“What’s your name, miss?” Yixing asked eagerly as he offered his hand to her.

 

“Oh I’m Byun – uhm, I mean, Kim Saehyun.” she said as she gleefully shook Yixing’s hand. “And I think I need to talk to you about the punching incident yesterday, if you don’t mind. Do you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter