A Not-So Bad Day

Of Beginning, Falling In Love, and Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Somehow Joonmyun is not in a good mood today.

 

Magically it’s not because of the certain Saehyun. Usually he’ll sulk and smile and sulks again and smiles again like an idiot because of that girl. A month and three days of living with her proves that. But Saehyun was being normal this morning, serving his breakfast and accompanied him along, sending him to the office with a couple jokes and teases. So actually Joonmyun was in a good mood this morning.

 

And then when he arrived in the office, he found that six of ten documents he asks from Minseok haven’t finished yet. Turns out that Minseok spent his night watching episodes of IRIS. He apologized to Joonmyun as if his life depends on it and promised that he’d finish it today and the documents will be on Joonmyun’s desk by four PM. Of course Joonmyun forgave him, but it succeeds making him sulks.

 

And as if the day couldn’t get any worse, Minseok also forget to remind him that he will be having a meeting with a few representatives from company colleague from China this morning, precisely at eleven. Joonmyun breathes in relief that they came not for any presentation, but just a few additional negotiation needed. But still, Joonmyun hates being unprepared. He wants everything to be prepared properly. And that also succeeds making his frown noticeable.

 

And more badly than worse, Minseok didn’t tell him that the representative is none other than the President’s son along with his secretary. He’s already unprepared to handle some trustful employee like the General Manager or CEO, and now the President’s son? That guy could easily tell his father this and that and the old man will eventually agree. So in the end he must impress a President’s son.

 

And more badly than badly worse, none of them known that the President’s son is also a 91 born, and his secretary is also a 90 born. And the President’s son is an ambitious one, he could tell it just by the way he stares and the way he talks and the way he analyzes everything. So Joonmyun must deal with a young man at the same age as him, but wittier than him.

 

“I’m Zhang Yixing, CEO, and his son. Nice to meet you.” the President’s son said as he shook his hand with Joonmyun’s. “This is my secretary, Luhan.”

 

The deer eyed boy is nothing similar with his boss. His appearance is all sunny, it spits rainbows and candies. His lips never faltered a smile. “Hello, I’m Luhan!”

 

“Wow, you guys are really good in speaking Korean.” Joonmyun praised sincerely. “I’m Kim Joonmyun, CEO. This is my secretary, Kim Minseok.”

 

Minseok bowed at both of them. “Just call me Minseok, and I’ll..” he said as he sits next to Joonmyun, “be here.”

 

“I’ll sit next to you, Minseok-ssi.” Luhan said as he really took at seat next to Minseok. Then the talk began.

 

Joonmyun doesn’t really like this guy. His face is so unreadable. His soft eyes somehow send a warning like ‘do not mess up with me’. It’s like he’s using a poker face. Joonmyun hates it. He wants his colleague to be more open up to him. But apparently this one is a unique one and he needs to keep up with him. He can’t understand how that Luhan guy could be his secretary. That guy is really cheery and chirpy and all unicorns. Joonmyun pitied him, Luhan must be suffering under Yixing’s cruelty. He could imagine how Yixing will order him this and that, and Luhan will poorly agreed and do it.

 

Twenty minutes passed and it really proves that Yixing is a person who determined to get whatever he wants. And he also realized that Joonmyun is a smart person, just like what his father had described, ‘he could easily beat you with his brain but you have more passion in you, son’. Passion. He’s passionate, but Joonmyun is also. He’s more like, ambitious. Joonmyun is the type who will think back before he acts, Yixing tends to just do it and see how it works, and majorly it succeeds.

 

But a not-in-the-mood Joonmyun is somehow could be a jerk, although Yixing is more a jerk than him. They started to talk more ‘passionately’, and it eventually built into a series of arguments. Minseok and Luhan who has been trying to neutralize the situation with lame jokes and comments eventually get silenced, deciding that keeping their mouth shut is the best for now. They couldn’t help but cringe at how Joonmyun and Yixing maintained their arguments.

 

“Okay, you’re smart, I know it. But at least you need to think about someone else’s opinion too, who knows it’s also good.” Joonmyun said desperately.

 

Being a fighter he is, Yixing scoffed. “Sorry, Joonmyun-ssi, but I don’t really trust anyone shoving their opinions on me. Sue me if I trust myself more.”

 

You remind me of someone back at home. “That just proves how self-centered you are. You’re not the only one living in this world, Yixing-ssi, you’re not the only one with brain.”

 

“Can I note that I hate how you call my name?” Yixing replies, “and I know, there’s million people living around me but apparently they couldn’t satisfy me with their so called intelligence, so what?”

 

Joonmyun frowned. “Wow, Yixing-ssi, I have two points for you. First, I don’t give a if you hate the way I call you, I’ll call you however I want to, and second,” he glared at Yixing, “I was never that interested to talk with a selfish person like you. I can’t even understand how your father could send you here to talk with me, maybe he’s blinded with his love for you that he couldn’t stand to see you begging him to give you a job. Am I right, Yixing-ssi?”

 

Wow wait what did I just say??

 

Apparently those words silenced Yixing. Minseok and Luhan stared at each other, as if they’re asking each other what they should do. And Joonmyun thinks that he won, that he actually won an argument with this Chinese Tony Stark. And of course that’s just what he thinks, because those words doesn’t make Yixing realized anything, instead it makes his wrath to widen.

 

And before Joonmyun could know it, a punch already thrown against his left cheek, sending him to the ground. Minseok and Luhan gasped loudly and immediately stood up. Minseok immediately dashing to his boss on the floor, while Luhan apologized as he bowed a multiple times at Joonmyun before he dragged his boss outside and scolded him in Chinese. Yes, a secretary scolded his own boss.

 

“What the hell dude?? Do you realize that you just made a big mistake that could cancel all the joint events with this company?!!” Luhan shouted to him in wrath as he keeps dragging the poor guy to the elevator. “I can’t believe you Zhang Yixing, I’m really disappointed at you! I’m so telling your father about this.”

 

Hearing the mention of his father, suddenly Yixing goes all softies like pudding. “No, Luhan ge, don’t tell baba!! Please please??”

 

“I don’t care with you. , Yixing you’re going twenty two this October but your brain is dumber than any five years old kid.”

 

Yixing sigh in desperation. Never mess up with a deer.

 

Meanwhile, Minseok succeed making Joonmyun to get up and sit on the black leather couch, placing the ice pack on the bruise at his boss’ left cheek. “Joonmyun, I told you not to mess up.” he said softly.

 

“I know.” Joonmyun sighed heavily.

 

“But it’s my entire fault. If only I didn’t piss you off this morning, maybe you could still handle him.” Minseok said wryly. “I’m sorry, Joonmyun.”

 

“No, hyung, it’s not your fault. I’m the irresponsible one.” Joonmyun smiled, and cringed when the bruise hurt. “But can I ask you a favor?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Uh,” Joonmyun bite his bottom lip. “Can you please not tell anyone about this? Especially father.”

 

Minseok nodded. “I won’t tell him.”

 

“And, uh, can you just buy our lunches and eat here with me? I don’t want to go out like this,” he said as he gestured over his left cheek, “in fact, just cancel any meeting I have today. I’m not in the mood.”

 

“Okay I’ll get us some jjajangmyun.” Minseok said. “But if you’re not in the mood, why don’t you just go home?”

 

Joonmyun sighed. He really wants to go home too. “I can’t. Who knows there’s really important thing I need to finish here when I’m home.”

 

Minseok chuckled. “Workaholic as always, huh.” he said before he walked towards the door. “I’ll be right back.”

 

____________

 

 

Friday, 12th July 2013

 

Dear Diary,

 

Joonie came home with this huge bruise on his left cheek. I could’ve laughed at him but I also felt sad about it. So I cheered him up and accompanied him until he fell asleep and I get back to my own room. He’s so cute when he’s sad and pouting all night long.

 

Tsk, I’m feeling like I’m taking care of a son instead of a husband.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter