Prologue of the Prince Perfect

Of Beginning, Falling In Love, and Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Joonmyun.

 

Kim Joonmyun has always been known as a perfect being. Not too tall, but not that short either. Soft skin that has always been kept like that ever since he’s out to the world. Silky black hair that always cropped neatly. Pristine crisp clothes designed by famous designer which also his aunt. Always went to one of the best school in the nation and come out as the first place all among the first class students. Has this wide range of connections from all social classes although he never really feels like he has a real friend. With that, no wonder if they call Joonmyun as ‘Prince Perfect’.

 

But becoming a ‘Prince Perfect’ demands this one sacrifice that Joonmyun never realized until he was eighteen. He lived by rules that created by his parents. He went to school and followed the rules there. No one ever saw Joonmyun as someone who act spontaneously, he always think back on what he’s going to do, always thinking about ‘what will they think of me if I do this?’ or ‘does it look right if I act like that?’.

 

Nonetheless, it’s not like Joonmyun could change the way his life runs after all. Of course he realized that he’s not as free as the other teenagers on his age. But being so used to stick on the rules and ‘high-class behavior’, he doesn’t really mind about it. He just continued to live, made his way to be what his father expected him to be; the perfect heir of KJ Enterprise. After all, that’s what he could do to make his parents happy. And one day, he found that apparently they have this one wish – or condition, precisely, that he must fulfill in order to lock the safety of his position as the heir.

 

In which, to marry the ‘Princess Butterfly’, Byun Saehyun.

 

___________

 

 

Spring, 2000

 

“Joonmyun, what are you doing here, son?”

 

Nine years old kim Joonmyun stared at a bunch of kids playing with the balls and the other toys at the spacious garden of Kim residence. The toys that belongs to him. And somehow, he didn’t even feel jealous or mad of it. He was there with them when suddenly he felt everything is so boring. Even with those two kids making the others play alien thingy together, he just stood there and politely rejected their offer. Now he find himself staring at them in boredom through the window on the kitchen.

 

Joonmyun shifted his gaze at his mother. “Mom can I go upstairs to my bedroom? I suddenly want to continue reading the encyclopedia.”

 

His mother of course gazed at him worriedly. “Why son? Someone bothered you there??”

 

“No no no, they’re all very nice. I was the one who stayed away.”

 

“But why, son?”

 

Joonmyun just shrugged. “I’ll go upstairs.”

 

With that, Joonmyun flee to his sanctuary, where no one could bother him except his mother who loves to wake him up every morning. His spacious castle. His precious twin sized bed. And the last but not least, his shining collection of encyclopedias.

 

“Polar bear, polar bear,” he hummed as he scanned the thick books, and then smiled when he find what he’s looking for. “Let’s finish you today.”

 

Fifteen minutes later he’s all settled up, drowning on his pillows, his hands supporting the heavy book, fingers happily tracing each word before it’s the time to flip the page again. And that’s when he heard the sound of the door being opened echoed through his room.

 

He closed the book and put it aside. “Who’s there?” he asked. Then a tiny head peeking inside. A pair of round eyes staring at him curiously, blinking in excitement. Seconds later the little girl stepped inside, still staring at him.

 

An intruder! An intruder!! he screamed inside.

 

“What ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter