String of Fate

☆ Ångel ℬoss ☆

 

He kept looking directly at my eyes for a split of second before I changed my gaze. I wasn’t sure what I was seeing in his eyes, but I was definitely aware that he could read confusion in mine. He laughed nervously and changed his gaze to look at some flower pots that were at his left side on the floor.

“Well, I wanted to ask you…” – he started again and I was definitely becoming impatient with all his hesitation. I would be indelicate but I just kept quiet…being curious was the only thing I could be at that moment.

“If you want to go out with me tonight…” – he finally said. At first he wasn’t looking at me but then as he finished his request he smiled sweetly at me waiting for my answer.

“Ohhh, I wasn’t expecting that…go out?” – I thought

Seeing I wasn’t answering and as if reading my thoughts he added “Ohh, you know… I received these tickets to a movie premiere and…well, I’ve got no one to go with me…ha ha!” – he laughed shyly and then smiled as he remembered the reactions of the boys when he asked if anyone wanted to go with him – “What? Movies? No way!!” or “No Baekhyun, I won’t go on a date with you” – as they laughed at his face.

“Humm”- that was the only thing I could say. I really didn’t know if it would be alright to just accept it. “Why not? It’s just a movie and I sure am bored and in a desperate need of distraction!” – I thought.

“You know what?” – I smiled at him more confidently – “Sure! Why not!?”

He smiled radiantly at me – “Seriously?” – I nodded my head in confirmation – “Ohh! Ok! Humm, then…hum at 7 pm is good for you?” – I agreed. – “Then, it’s a dat(e)…ahmm, a  deal!” – he stated as he quickly got up and gave me his hand.

I gave him my hand unconsciously and he grabbed it tightly pushing and raising me up too. Suddenly his other hand moved too quickly for me to notice right away and he put a white flower he just plucked (from the flower pot) in my hair.

I would say something about that but he just ran inside before I could even open my mouth. Since I was already up, I decided to go inside - suddenly it was really cloudy outside, and would it be going to rain? I decided not to wait to see if it would or not. When I was opening the sliding glass door I saw a shadow of someone moving quickly away from it, as if the person on the other side just had finished hearing all the conversation, or at least, was trying to.

“Sehun?” – I mumbled as I opened the door and saw him basically leaping quickly into the couch pretending to watch tv. He looked at me with round innocent eyes when he heard his name “Humm? Noona, do you need something?” – he asked acting like a child who had just made some mischief – I looked suspiciously at him but he kept his poker face on and I just decided to let go – “Anya…it is nothing…” – I said as I approached the couch to see what was on the tv news.

 

 

While I was moving I saw Suho in the kitchen drinking something and as he saw me he just turned his back on me. “What the hell?” – I madly thought – “Yah!” – I was going to say but got interrupted by some bustle around the hallway near the stairs.

“Get out Kai! I want to see too!” – demanded Chanyeol impatiently.

“Hyung, just a moment! I’m trying to see…” – replied Kai as he was trying to look outside from the tiny window of the hallway.

Sehun immediately rose up from the couch and joined them to know what the cause of such ruckus was.

“Yah! Sehun, you too?” – complained Kai – “Don’t shove me off!” –Sehun pouted – “I want to see too!” – protested Chanyeol. They definitely looked like children – which made me smirk.

I was getting close to them to go upstairs, away from the confusion, when D.O. descended the stairs hastily. He almost bumped into me but he didn’t. “Sorry noona!” – he quickly apologized.

 “It’s alright!” – I said, and before he could do whatever he was going to do downstairs I asked – “But… do you know what’s happening?” – I pointed in the direction of the three boys that were still arguing.

“Ohh yeah! There’s someone moving into the house in front of ours!” – he explained excitedly

I didn’t understand why would that be a motif to such bustle and D.O., seeing my confusion, continued “That house isn’t just like any other house! It’s said to be haunted…” – he could see my curiosity on that “haunted part” but he just proceeded – “Anyway, that house is from our company, which means someone from the industry is moving in…When we moved here, we’ve heard some rumors about that house, and after it, we just became really thankful that they put us in this one!” – he smiled as I nodded my head in understanding.  

“But…what do you mean by haunted?” – I asked out of curiosity

“Well…” – his face became mysterious as he was preparing himself to tell the story – “It is said that that house is haunted by a ghost…”  - he started but suddenly was interrupted by Sehun that continued to tell the story – “You see, that house seems new but actually is a really old house that was renewed…” – “Yah!” – said D.O. – “I’m telling the story! And I was just getting to that part!”

Sehun just laughed at him and continued anyway – “From what it’s said, many strange things happened in that house…all the prior residents had something weird happen to them. They would hear things really often, like doors bursting or footsteps, lights would lit up around the house when no one was there…” – his face was serious and he seemed to believe in that things really religiously.

“Of course, those incidents happened a really long ago! After our company bought that house and renewed only a group lived in that house for a short while…” – said Chanyeol joining the conversation

“Yeah! You know why Noona?” – asked Kai joining the conversation too. I nodded my head as saying I didn’t. – “It is said, that all the members of the group went crazy with each other and broke up!” 

 

 

They told me a few more things about the strange things they experienced themselves, like feeling they were being watched when they walked by the house…I didn’t believe those things, but the way they were telling that story made obvious that they really believed. That or they were being too convincing trying to scare me…

 Either way, when I went to my room I peered through the rooms window , which was coincidently right at the front of the house, meaning I could see all the façade of the house across the road. I didn’t want to confirm anything and it was already a little dark (around 6 pm) but I kept watching through the window for a few more moments observing the dark…

 

Suddenly I saw a movement on that house’s second floor window – there was no light inside that room, but the streets light was enough to see clearly the front of the house and… - it seemed that someone just walked through the window too quickly to understand if it was real or not.

“I must be crazy!” – I clapped my face with my cold hands in disbelief – “It must have been…something!”

 

When I looked again the window opened itself – I didn’t see anyone so..- I just turned pale white when I saw a shadow on the window peeking into the street. Suddenly, whoever or whatever it was, noticed me. It was a humane figure but…I couldn’t see well. It looked directly at me. I could feel it. Out of sudden fright I just screamed really loud and backed away from the window.

“Shiiiit! What in the hell was that?!” – I just couldn’t believe in what I just saw. Normally I wouldn’t be the type of girl to be impressed or scared with just anything but…that type of supernatural stupid things really scared the crap out of me.

“What’s wrong?!” – I heard Baekhyun asking worried as he entered my room without even knocking.

“No…nothing.” – I stuttered  - “I..ahmm…I just…” – how would I explain that stupid situation? He would just laugh at me…so I decided to stay quiet while thinking of an excuse.

“You’re pale white!” – he worriedly stated – “Are you alright?” – he approached me. For some reason he felt compelled to look out through the window.

When I saw him approaching my window I just unconsciously mumbled “Don’t!” but he looked anyway. He stood a few seconds looking everywhere outside but saw nothing. He looked at me but I still seemed really indisposed.

“There’s nothing outside…” – he affirmed looking at me – “Are you sure everything’s alright?”

“Yeah…I guess…” - I muttered

“You seem like you really need to sit” – he stated approaching me to send me to sit in my bed.

“Thanks” – I weakly smiled. – “It was definitely my imagination…” – I thought more rested.

 

Unexpectedly, the doorbell rang.

“Who may be at this hour?” – Baekhyun seemed to be talking to himself.

Suho was the one answering the door. I could hear some laughs.

“It must be someone he knows…” – I thought

 

-MEANWHILE DOWNSTAIRS-

“MyungSoo!!” – Suho smiled widely – “Been so long since we last saw each other!”

“Hyung! I missed you!” –  MyungSoo smiled back at him. Seeing his hyung was something he wanted to do a long time ago too.

“How come you’re here?” – Suho asked as he let him in, leading him into the living room.

 

“I just moved into the front house!” – he smiled widely.

 

“Are you serious?” – Suho seemed surprised

“Yeah” – the other answered – “And it will be for quite some time” – he tapped Suho’s shoulder as he suddenly looked around the house seeming to be searching for something or someone.

“Do you live here alone?” – MyungSoo asked curiously

“Anyo! My friends, the other members live here too…”

“Ahmm…just all of you? I mean…” – he asked again looking around.

Suho found that behavior a little weird and asked – “Why are you asking?”

“You know, it may seem crazy but I think I just saw a girl in your dorm…” – he stated whilst ruffling his own hair not being sure of what he saw anymore.

 

 


A/N: So, dear readers! What do you think?! Did my best, hope you like it!  Hoping it's not too long! (─‿‿─)

Next chapters will be interesting, having some ideas (¬‿¬)

Give me feedback please, I love reading your comments (>‿◠)✌

XOXO ^^