Chapter 07

Onew's Soulmate is a Vegetarian?! (HIATUS)

Recap

 

Minho chuckled. “Don’t take it personally, Taemin. Haerin noona’s a vegetarian.”

Onew’s chicken leg clattered loudly onto the plate.

‘Haerin noona’s a vegetarian.

Haerin noona’s a vegetarian.

She’s a vegetarian!

Suddenly, terminally ill seemed like a much better fatal flaw.

 

End of recap

 

~~~~~*~~~~~

 

“Y-You’re a vegetarian?” Onew stuttered.

Haerin nodded.

“T-That means, you don’t eat meat?”

“Nope.”

“N-Not even –” Onew paused and looked down at his plateful of one single food item. “Chicken?”

“No, Onew-shii, not even chicken.” Haerin chuckled.

“Why not?” Jonghyun spoke up.

“I’m actually allergic to meat,” Haerin confessed.

The members blinked at her confusedly.

“I didn’t know there was something called meat allergy…” Jonghyun trailed off.

Haerin smiled understandingly, “It’s pretty uncommon. I just can’t stand the taste of meat; it makes me nauseated.”

“So you’ve never had meat? Like, ever?!” Taemin asked in disbelief.

“I did once, when I was young. Then I had to be rushed to the emergency room. Since then I’ve kept my distance.” Haerin spoke lightly.

Onew guiltily gazed at his favorite food.

Haerin probably misunderstood his expression for she hastily spoke, “I – I don’t really mind other’s eating it. I mean, it’s their choice. So please don’t feel guilty, Onew-shi.”

But this made Onew feel worse. Here he was, claiming himself to be Choi Haerin’s soul mate and perfect life partner but he loved the one thing she hated, or at least refrained from consuming.

He had no idea how he was going to overcome this hurdle. He liked Choi Haerin, he really did, but he wasn’t sure whether it was enough for him to give up chicken.

 

 

“Thank you for dropping me home,” Haerin smiled, pushing the stray strands of red hair behind her ear.

“It was no problem.” Jonghyun smiled.

The members began making their way back to the car but Onew stayed behind. He wanted to make sure his feelings were true. That he really did like Choi Haerin. That she truly was his soul mate.

“H-Haerin-shi,” Onew cursed himself for stuttering.

“Yes?” The redhead regarded him curiously.

“I don’t really have a schedule tomorrow, you see, so I was wondering, do you want to, maybe, hang out with me tomorrow? We could watch a movie or go on a picnic or something.”

Onew’s heart hammered in his chest.

Slowly, Haerin smiled at the chicken manic. “Sure, it’s a date.”

Then, she leaned in and placed a soft kiss on the brunette’s cheek. The kiss was brief but still long enough for Onew to smell the citrus shampoo and vanilla perfume which lingered in the air even after she pulled away.

Haerin shot him another smile then walked into her apartment building.

The dazed man outside smiled like the true dork he was.

“Onew hyung! What are you doing out there?!”

Onew jumped back to reality when he heard Key’s voice.

“C-Coming!”


 

Thank you for the comments and please keep them coming, I promise to update more if you do ;)