Chapter 08

Onew's Soulmate is a Vegetarian?! (HIATUS)

 

Onew looked to his left, then to his right.

His heart felt drawn to both and he just couldn’t choose!

So, then he looked left, then right, again.

Taemin watched curiously as the beloved leader repeated the ordeal for nearly the twentieth time that morning.

The maknae could not understand why the brunette kept alternating between looking at a bucket of chicken and a digital camera. Feeling awkward, Taemin wandered off in search of the mother hen of the group. Key was bound to know what was wrong with the leader.

Meanwhile, Onew, oblivious to everything around him, continued looking first at the bucket of chicken, then the digital camera which was focused on a picture of his apparent soul mate, Choi Haerin.

He still couldn’t choose!

On one hand, chicken was the only thing Onew had been faithful to, his entire life. It was the thing he lived for. The thing that he had dedicated his life to. The thing that had helped him through all the tough times in his life. To Onew, chicken was equivalent to his life.

But on the other hand, Choi Haerin was his soul mate. The one he was destined to be with. The one he’d truly begun to like. He seemed to like everything about her. He looked at the picture on his camera.

The group had taken loads of pictures after they’d left the Kyunghee festival. Haerin looked flawless in all her pictures. Her smile was bright, her eyes twinkled; she caused Onew’s heart to beat erratically.

Onew wanted nothing more than to devote himself to her as well.

But – But she was a vegetarian!

And to be with one piece of his heart, he’d have to give up the other. It was either the chicken or the girl. Now all Onew had to do was choose.

 

 

“What are you doing?!” Key’s horrified voice asked as he watched Onew cry while rolling around on the floor.

Taemin who stood behind him, muttered, “Told you he’d gone crazy.”

Onew looked up at his band mates with the most devastated expression. But before he could say anything, there was a knock at the door.

Key gave the leader a stern stare, one that clearly said ‘I will deal with you later,’ then headed to the front door.

Onew, who’d momentarily stopped crying, and Taemin watched curiously as Key opened the door.

At once, Minho came bustling in, carrying a huge box filled with different types of meat.

“Wow,” Taemin mumbled, awed at the sight. He had never seen so much meat and in so many different types.

“Where did you get this?” Key asked.

“Haerin-noona sent it,” Minho answered.

Onew perked up at the sound of his soul mate’s name.

Taemin frowned. “Isn’t noona a vegetarian?”

Minho nodded. “She bought this especially for us, as a prize for topping the charts with our latest single.”

Key’s mouth practically watered.  “Then let’s not waste her present,” he cheered before grabbing the box and making his way to the kitchen.

“JJong! Come out,” he called.

Minho followed Key in, leaving only the youngest and the oldest behind.

“Wow,” Taemin muttered, dazed. “Isn’t Haerin-noona sweet?” Then he waltzed off to join the other three in the kitchen.

Onew swallowed. ‘Yes, she really is,’ he answered Taemin in his mind.

Onew’s eyes returned to the now empty bucket of chicken.

Had he made the right decision?


 

Okay, okay, I'll admit it; this was basically a teaser. Sort of...

I want you guys to guess what Onew must have chosen: chicken or Haerin? Which kind of explains the whole cryptic ending where I didn't reveal whom he actually chose XD

Sorry if it's a little short but please comment :)

Oh, and thanks to those who commented and subscribed <3