Chapter 01

Onew's Soulmate is a Vegetarian?! (HIATUS)

 

Onew stuffed yet another piece of deokbokkie into his mouth, ravishing it’s spicy flavor. It’d been a long time since he’d gotten to enjoy the street food like this. What with his SHINee promotions and busy schedule, he’d barely had time to go out and enjoy like all other people his age did.
 
So when KyungHee University had sent a request to SM Entertainment for some of it’s bands to participate in the annual KyungHee talent showcase, SHINee had gladly accepted, seeing it as the perfect opportunity to experience being a normal teenager/adult, if only for one night.
 
Since SHINee was the closing act for the program, they’d been allowed to roam around and see all the stalls. The five members had soon separated, each going to the stalls they found interesting. And so, Onew found himself surrounded by stalls selling Korean street foods such as deokbokkies, soondaes and hoddeoks.
 
After finishing the last of his spicy rice cake, Onew stood up, paid the lady in charge of the stall, bowed and then walked out. The cool December air immediately bit at his exposed skin and he pulled his scarf a little tighter around himself.
 
Onew began looking through the other stalls, occasionally stopping to try his luck at one of the games or to browse through the little trinkets on sale. He was so caught up in the fascinating stalls that he didn’t realize he’d wandered away from the crowd until it became dead silent.
 
Onew found himself all alone. He wasn’t scared though, for the lively crowd was only a turn away. But that didn’t stop him from shivering slightly in discomfort. There was something peculiar about the stall he was standing in front of.
 
The stall in question was more of a tent, made of majestic purple cloth with big golden letters reading ‘Madame Psyche.’ Curiosity got the better of him and Onew slowly stepped into the tent.
 
The inside was a regal red with many ornaments as decor. He eyed a couple of dolls on display that distinctly resembled the ones used in voodoo then turned away to see further into the tent.
 
“Hello?” He called into the seemingly empty tent. “Anybody here?”
 
There was no answer.
 
Onew shrugged. Whoever was in charge of this tent was probably on a break or something. Onew turned, ready to leave when he came face to face with someone.
 
With a startled yelp, Onew jumped back. He calmed slightly once he laid eyes on the person before him.
 
It was a girl, probably a year or two younger than him, with her long black hair in dreads and her face pale white. Her dress was grand, a shade of purple that matched the tent and she had a headdress on her head. Her eyes were hollow, impassive and devoid of feeling causing Onew to look away in discomfort.
 
“Hello, I was jus-just leaving” Onew stuttered and tried to make his way around the strange girl but she shot her arm out and grabbed his in a vice grip.
 
“Please stay.” She spoke, her voice indifferent. “I’d like to offer you my services and foretell your future for you.”
 
Onew blinked. ‘My future…?’ 
 
Not one to believe in astrology and such stuff, Onew tried to escape. “I really need to leave, my friends are waiting for me.” He tried to move away again but the girl didn’t relinquish her hold.
 
“I said I’d read your future so take a seat.” Her indifferent voice had an edge to it that made Onew rethink his escape attempts. 
 
Deciding to humor the strange girl for now, Onew shuffled awkwardly to the little table in the corner and took a seat. The girl sat across him and took his palm into her hand, ‘reading’ the lines.
 
Onew resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Who was this girl fooling? Just because she dressed up like a psychic didn’t mean she was one.
 
The girl proceeded to look into a crystal ball then drew tarot cards before finally looking up and into Onew’s eyes. “Luck seems to be by your side. I see a great event in your near future. You will meet your soul mate at this very event.”
 
Onew raised an eyebrow. “My soul mate?” he repeated skeptically. “Here? At KyungHee, you mean?” Laughter bubbled in Onew’s throat at the ridiculous idea.
 
The girl shot him a glare. “Do not laugh.” The edge was back in her voice and it effectively silenced Onew.
 
“You are usually surrounded by girls but this one will be special. She’ll capture your attention immediately. She’ll be shining brighter than the stars. You will hug her even before you get to really know her. Finally you’ll be bound by the red string of fate and then you’ll know she’s the one.”
 
Onew remained silent, unsure how to react to the prediction. It all seemed too farfetched to be true. Vaguely, Onew wondered if this was the psychic’s weird way of flirting.
 
The psychic continued reading the tarot cards then looked up at Onew with grave eyes. “You will have given your heart to your soul mate by the end of this night for she is the perfect one for you. She will have the complete opposite of your personality yet you two will fit together like puzzle pieces. But!” She suddenly raised her voice causing Onew to jump in his seat.
 
“But she will have one fatal flaw and the only way for you to be with her would be for you to accept the flaw and overlook it.”
 
Onew stared at the girl with wide eyes. This was getting way too weird for him. He’d never been one to believe such supernatural stuff and he wasn’t going to start now.
 
But a tiny, lonely part of him wished he’d really meet his soul mate at KyungHee. What Onew didn’t know was that the night had only just begun and there was a lot in store for him…
 

 

And that is the first chapter folks. I hope you liked it and please tell me what you think in your comments :)