Chapter 06

Onew's Soulmate is a Vegetarian?! (HIATUS)

“Do you want something, hyung?” Minho spoke hesitantly as he watched Onew.

Onew jumped. “N-No, I’m fine. Why do you ask?” he replied instantly.

Minho quirked an eyebrow in disbelief. “Maybe because you’ve been pacing non-stop ever since Key hyung and Haerin noona left, or maybe because you’re sweating buckets?” he spoke sarcastically.

Onew stopped abruptly from where he was indeed, pacing back and forth. But he couldn’t help it. Ever since Key and Haerin had left, he’d been trying to figure out what Haerin’s ‘fatal flaw’ could be.

“Minho-yah,” Onew started, coyly.

Minho looked apprehensively at his leader.

“How well do you know Haerin?” The chicken manic waited eagerly as Minho frowned.

“I guess around eight years; why do you ask?”

Onew paused. “Umm, I was j-just curious. Yeah,” he stuttered.

Minho frowned deeper but let his leader’s weird behavior pass.

After a few moments of silence, Onew eyed Minho again. “Do you,” he started and Minho shot him a slightly annoyed look. “Do you wish you could change something about her? You know, like a bad habit or a fatal flaw?”

Minho looked really weirded-out now. “Hyung, are you okay? You’re acting weird, weirder than normal that is.”

Onew laughed nervously. “I’m fine.”

Before anymore words could be exchanged, Key and Haerin returned, the former holding a navy blue scarf in his hands.

“Hey you guys, why don’t we go to dinner? I know this great restaurant nearby…” Key began excitedly. Clearly getting a new scarf had put him in a bright mood.

The rest of the members agreed and Haerin was invited along to dinner. The restaurant was close so they decided to walk. The entire way, Onew was reserved and lost in thoughts.

‘A fatal flaw,’ he thought to himself. ‘What could it be?’

He eyed the tall female who was currently chatting with Jonghyun, oblivious to Onew’s line of thoughts.

‘Maybe she’s sick…’ he mused. ‘Maybe she only has six months to live, like in the movies.’

Onew gasped silently. ‘No, no way, that can’t be it. Think, Jinki, think! What fatal flaw could someone like Choi Haerin have?’

 

 

                                                   

 

Minho pulled Key aside after making sure the rest of the members, his cousin included were further ahead. Key shot him a confused look but Minho simply gave him an intense stare.

“Does Onew-hyung seem weird to you?” he questioned.

Key chuckled. “It’s Onew, Minho. He’s always like that. That’s why we call it Onew Sangtae, remember?”

Minho rolled his eyes. “I don’t mean that! He’s acting suspicious.”

Key scoffed. “You’re probably imagining things; come on, let’s hurry or they’ll leave without us!”

The two hurried after the rest who had made it to the restaurant and were now entering the small shop.

 

 

The six members were seated comfortably around a large table. When the lady who worked at the restaurant came by to take their orders, each member began spitting out his own order simultaneously.

‘I guess even the famous SHINee members can be normal hungry teenage boys sometimes.’ Haerin smirked in amusement.

A few minutes later, the entire table was laden with delectable food fit for a king. The members’ mouths practically watered at the sight of the delicious dishes.

Kimchi jiggae, beef stew, japchae, tokkbokkie, soondae, an assortment of different jeons, rib eyed steak, glabi and several other dishes – the list was nearly endless. Oh, and who could forget, Onew’s favorite dish of all time: chicken too was on the night’s menu.

The members immediately dived in, piling their plates high with the different treats. In Onew’s case, his plate was predominantly covered by fried chicken.

“This is so good,” Taemin sipped at the beef stew.

Suddenly, he stopped and blinked curiously at Haerin who was only eating the pajeon and kimchi jiggae.

“Noona, you’ve got to try this! It’s heavenly.” Taemin scooped a spoonful of beef stew and tried to feed it to Haerin but she moved away.

Onew frowned, feeling jealousy bubble in his stomach. ‘I should be feeding her!’ he thought to himself angrily.

When Haerin moved away from Taemin, Onew felt a smirk tug at his lips. In an attempt to hide it, Onew bit into yet another chicken leg.

“N-No, I’m okay,” Haerin stuttered.

Taemin pouted. “But it really is good.”

Minho chuckled. “Don’t take it personally, Taemin. Haerin noona’s a vegetarian.”

Onew’s chicken leg clattered loudly onto the plate.

‘Haerin noona’s a vegetarian.

Haerin noona’s a vegetarian.

She’s a vegetarian!

Suddenly, terminally ill seemed like a much better fatal flaw.

 

 


 

I am really disappointed. I didn't get a single comment for the previous chapter :/

Please guys, tell me what you think of the story, whether it's good or bad because comments are my motivation. No comments = No motivation = No new Chapter :P

So please comment and subscribe ^_^