Chapter 09

Onew's Soulmate is a Vegetarian?! (HIATUS)

 

Onew sat at a table in the local chicken restaurant a few blocks away from their dorm. It was a small shop in a side-lane, hidden from the view of those who didn’t know of its existence. Hence there weren’t many people at the restaurant despite it being nearly lunch time.

Onew slowly chewed on a chicken drumstick, savoring its taste for probably the last time. Yes, Onew had chosen the girl.

Onew gazed forlornly at the chicken leg in his hand. “It’s about time,” he spoke softly, almost as if the chicken could hear and understand him.

“It was going to happen someday. I always knew the time would come when I would have to give you up. I’ll really miss you,” Onew pasued and took a deep breath.

“I’ll miss all the times we spent together. You were always there for me. But this is for the best.” Onew placed the chicken back on his plate, never to be touched again.

“Mommy, why is that man talking to chicken?”

Onew turned to the little five year old boy who was seated at the table next to his. The boy blinked innocently at the leader, who blushed realizing someone had heard his heart-felt talk with chicken.

The boy’s mother shushed him and quickly distracted him with food, shooting an awkward look to the crazy man who talked to chickens.

Onew looked back at his plate. He’d given it a lot of thought and had finally come to the conclusion that it was time he gave up chicken. His future held a lot more than just poultry.

He could see Haerin in that future. As his girlfriend, and later, perhaps his wife. Then the mother of his children. Two little girls. They’d have their mother’s beauty and their father’s cute dorky personalities.

But this future would never come into being unless Onew compromised with the fact that Haerin was a vegetarian and that he’d have to give up chicken in order to be with her.

Haerin had mentioned that she didn’t mind others eating meat but Onew didn’t think it was fair that he continued enjoying meat while she couldn’t. Besides, it was something he’d have to get used to, being a vegetarian. If his children developed meat allergy too, he would have to give up meat, so he figured he might as well start now.

But Onew had never realized how difficult it would be. He gazed at the leftover chicken. He couldn’t have it packed now. Well, he could, but he’d have to give it to someone else.

With a sigh, Onew asked the waiter for his bill.

                                                                      

 

Onew examined himself in the mirror. He was dressed casually in a hoodie and skinny jeans. He looped a scarf around his neck and grabbed a pair of sunglasses before heading to the door.

He was ready for his date with Choi Haerin. He had been rather uncertain at first; he was worried he’d lose control at the sight of meat since the restaurant they were going to have dinner at was famous for their barbeque, but now he felt more confident.

I can do this. Lee Jinki, hwaiting!

 


 

I had this entire chapter typed out yesterday then something went wrong with my browser and it got deleted; hence the late update :/

Anyway, a big thanks to BeckyLou for her comment; it made my day <3

This chapter is kind of a filler... I guess. But the next chapter will have Onew and Haerin's date in it so please look forward to it :D