Chapter 03

Onew's Soulmate is a Vegetarian?! (HIATUS)

 

“Oh, Onew hyung. You’re finally here.” Minho spoke up causing all attention to divert to him. 
 
Onew nodded stiffly before walking towards the group. He was mentally panicking as he realized that one of the psychic’s predictions had in fact, come true.
 
‘Calm down Jinki,’ he told himself. ‘It was merely a coincidence. Besides, the second prediction said you’d hug her.’ Onew calmed down as he remembered this. 
 
It would seem highly unlike himself if he’d randomly hug someone. Kim Jonghyun was the skin ship king, not he.
 
Onew stopped when he reached the others and cocked his head curiously towards the girl who blinked back at him innocently.
 
“I’d like you to meet my cousin, Choi Haerin. She’s a third year at KyungHee and is majoring in Graphics and Media Design.” Minho spoke up before turning to the girl beside him then motioned towards Onew. “Haerin-noona, meet SHINee’s leader Lee Jinki, better known by his nickname, Onew.”
 
Haerin smiled politely at SHINee’s leader before bowing and mumbling out a small ‘annyeonghaseyo.’ Onew nodded back but before any more words could be exchanged, one of the staff members ushered them away as it was time for their performance.
 
 
Haerin watched from backstage as SHINee gave a flawless performance. Haerin was more of an art fanatic than a dancer but even she knew the level of complexity of the moves that the five member boy group was pulling off on stage.
 
When SHINee was finally done with the performance, Haerin was among the hundreds of people cheering and applauding. Slowly, one by one, the five members got off the stage, still grinning and waving at their fans.
 
Onew was the last to get off the stage and almost immediately, his eyes were drawn to Choi Haerin. The girl had removed the make-up she’d been wearing but had left her stage outfit on.
 
Somewhere at the back of his mind, Onew noted that Haerin looked really different without make up on. With the bold make-up, she looked like one of those strong independent women, the ones Onew’d never have the guts to speak to. But without the make-up, Haerin seemed much more friendly and approachable.
 
Onew’s face turned red as he realized Haerin was smiling towards him. She’d probably caught him staring at her and this thought made his face burn even more.
 
In his state of embarrassment, the leader of SHINee failed to noticed the small set of steps and inevitably, tripped over them. It was quite a comical sight as the dorky leader flailed his arms about trying to regain his balance but went crashing towards the ground nonetheless.
 
Onew squeezed his eyes shut, anticipating the feel of the cool hard ground against his cheek, but they shot right open when he landed on something soft instead.
 
He slowly looked down, only to spot white fabric. All of a sudden, it occurred to him that he had his arms wrapped around someone and with slight trepidation, Onew turned his gaze upwards connecting them with the fuming ones of Haerin.
 
Onew barely had time to realize his predicament before there was a stinging pain pulsing across his right cheek.
 

 

So, I finally have chapter 3 up :) Sorry if it's short. I find it easier to write short chapters than long ones... Anyway, please comment and tell me what you think :D