Berries and Fireworks ☾ Min x Jackson

Min Oneshot Collection


Berries and Fireworks minxjackson


“Minnie noona!”

The petite girl turned at the sound of her name, her mid-length blonde hair swishing in the movement. At the sight of the person, she grinned and walked towards the tall, baby-faced boy.

“Hey, Bam!”

He grinned broadly as he held his hand up for a high five, to which Min hit lightly before pulling him into a surprise hug with a laugh. “My little baby~” she pulled back to pinch his cheek gently. “Thanks for inviting me to your New Years party.”

“Of course, I’d be insulted if you thought I wouldn’t,” the blue-haired boy replied, patting her head with a smile. “Make sure to have fun, okay noona? I need to go be a good host and say hello to everyone else.”

Min waved to him before she turned to go towards the drink table, helping herself to a cup of lemon soda before she went to find her friends.

She pushed through the crowds of dancing people in the living room towards the dining room, not really seeing where she was going because of her obvious lack in height compared to everyone else and not really paying attention to the people she bumped into.

Min finally broke free from the clump of people and sat down on the sofa that had been pushed to the side in order to make room for people to walk and fanned herself with her free hand, trying to cool down from her journey through the sweaty crowd as she looked around, observing everyone.

Min watched a couple, names Taeyeon and Baekhyun, who were sitting on the floor facing each other in the corner, on the opposite side of the room as they talked with happy smiles and held hands. She smiled ruefully. They’re so cute. She was a bit jealous, wishing she had her own boyfriend to spend New Years with.

Oh well, she inwardly sighed as she pulled out her phone. “Guess I’ll have to settle with my friends instead,” she said out loud to herself as she pressed the icon of a phone next to a certain name in her contacts list.

“I’m hurt. Am I really just a last resort?” was the first thing the voice on the other line said, in accented Korean, once he picked up.

“Huh?” Min scrunched her eyebrows, confused. “What are you talking about.”

She didn’t notice the man approaching her. It wasn’t until a figure sank onto the couch next to her, holding a phone to his ear, when she looked up and her expression brightened immediately. “Jackson!”

She ended the call and threw her arms around him in a hug with a laugh. Jackson chuckled as he slipped her arms around her torso to hug her back endearingly. “Hi noona.”

Ah, where to start about Jackson. He was the “friend with benefits.”

No, they didn’t have , but they certainly acted like more like lovers than friends. They both claim to be joking, a way to entertain their friends. Their friends always cringed or cooed (or both) whenever the two flirted shamelessly.

To Jackson, it was just a way to be close to his noona while being quiet about the massive crush he had on the small and feisty girl.

With Min, she did it because she adored the affection he poured out to her while they were acting. She wasn’t used to being cherished by a guy, and his sweetness towards her would have made her want to date him in an instant if it weren’t for one problem. His age.

After she had a problem with dating a guy named Kyungsoo, who was also younger than her, she had vowed to never date a dongsaeng. And until she met Jackson, she didn’t have any problems with firmly keeping her self-promise.

“I’m just waiting for 12 to strike and for Bam to light the mini-fireworks before I take off,” Min said after they talked for a while. “I’m just so tired from studying and watching all of these couples cuddle just makes me jealous and want my own boyfriend.” She gave a dramatic sigh, not noticing how Jackson momentarily went quiet.

After a few seconds of comfortable silence, Jackson spoke up again. “Well, it’s 11:56 right now. In about 4 minutes it’ll be a new year.” He cracked a smile. “Don’t you think spending only 4 more minutes on New Years day together is too little? Let’s go out for coffee afterwards and have a little date.”

Min bit her lip. Date… She told herself to only perceive is as a purely platonic meaning.

3 minutes until New Years.

Min smiled and pinched his cheek. “Sure, my little King,” she laughed, referencing to his last name. “Let’s go out for coffee afterwards.”

“Psst!”

Min and Jackson looked up towards the whisper. Their eyes widened as they watched Yugyeom lean over the slightly high ledge above them. A plastic mistletoe dangled on the end of the stick of he holding as he waved it over their head. “Hurry up and kiss!” he whisper-yelled.

Suddenly, it was impossible for Min’s face to cool down.

2 minutes until New Years.

“Yah, Kim Yugyeom!” Jackson growled, his face also flushing dramatically quickly. The high schooling boy cackled with glee, knowing he was high enough that his hyung couldn’t get him. “Come on! It’s tradition! Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss!”

His yelling caused people’s attention to draw towards the dining room, filing in to see what was going on. Soon enough, everyone was joining in with the chant as the two well-known people squirm despite their usual antics.

“Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss!”

1 minute until New Years.

Min finally looked up at Jackson, her cheeks a flaming red. He caught her gaze and his eyes widened. Was she seriously going to?

In another room, a countdown started, rhythmically in sync with the “Kiss!” chanting.

“Kiss!” “Five!”

Min bit her lip nervously.

“Kiss!” “Four!”

Jackson grit his teeth, frustrated because he didn’t know what to do.

“Kiss!” “Three!”

Both took a deep breath.

“Kiss!” “Two!”

Min faced towards him as her eyelids fluttered, while he leaned down to her slowly.

“Kiss!” “One!”

Their lips met and the fireworks started; both from the backyard and inside the two’s hearts, stomachs, and minds.

The kiss created a loud ruckus of cheering as phone cameras went off to capture the moment when the notorious couple that was nicknamed around college campus “the title-less couple” became an actual couple.

Min couldn’t count the butterflies in her stomach even if she tried. At that moment, all self-created rules flew out the window. It would be stupid of her if she turned down a younger guy she really liked just because she let one bad experience control the rest of her life.

On the other hand, Jackson didn’t even think. He just enjoyed.

After a few seconds, his lips began to move against hers. His hands came down to grip her sides as the kiss became deeper. She responded with no hesitation, letting him taste her sweet lips as she cupped his jaws to pull him closer.

At exactly 12:00 am, on January 1st 2015, Min and Jackson finally took on the titles of “girlfriend” and “boyfriend.”

At exactly 12:00 am, on January 1st 2017, Min and Jackson were engaged for marriage.


So I wrote this in exactly 90 minutes, ending at 12: 06 am, so please excuse any flaws. I'm too tired to look through this and edit.

I planned this story today lol, after some inspiration from other fanfics. I hope it's enough to slightly cover my hopeless updating speed

Please tell me what you thought of it! Was it cute? Was it romantic? Did it make you smile? Does it make you wish your life was like this like I did while writing? Should I have strangled myself with fluff because it's so fluffy?

-mjooyeon