Something More ☾ Min x Ahn Jaehyun

Min Oneshot Collection


Something More minxahnjaehyun


The phone rang.

Min glanced at the caller ID before dropping her pencil and sliding the call button to ‘Answer.’ “Yes, your majesty?” She answered in a playful yet sarcastic tone, getting up from her desk and going to her bed, leaning against the wall and grabbing her pillow to hug.

“Do you know what homework we have due tomorrow?” His sheepish voice rang from the speaker.

Min snorted at her best friend’s procrastinating nature. “Jae, you’re stupid,” She mumbled as she pulled over her school bag and rummaged through it to find her planner.

“Thanks, I try.”

Ahn Jaehyun:  junior, model, and Min’s best friend. Has a huge crush on Lee Chaerin, who is a senior, class president, and utterly gorgeous. As well as super popular.

Lee Minyoung: junior, ordinary student, and studious. Used to have a crush on Ahn Jaehyun, but no one needs to know that.

“Here it is~” Min absentminded said, half to him and half to herself and she pulled out the small notebook and flipped it open the current date. “Well, we have an analysis paper due for Lit, as well as the pre-lab for chemistry and the usual problems for Calculus.”

A loud groan emitted from the speaker, as well as the sound of shuffling papers. “I forgot to do the lab! That’s gonna take all night,” he complained loudly.

“Stupid. It’ll take you 30 minutes top,” Min laughed softly.

It wasn’t like she didn’t like Jae anymore. She probably did, deep inside. She just…suppressed the emotions in fear of getting hurt, since she knew he liked her friend, Chae. She’s experienced so many times of getting hurt because of her unrequited feelings throughout her teenage years. She wasn’t risking it anymore.

The two were silent for a minute as Jaehyun started his procrastinated work and Min sat quietly. “Is that all you needed? Can I hang up?” She finally broke the silence. She had her own studying to do.

“Noooo stay with me, Minnie,” Jaehyun whined absentmindedly, or so it sounded. Min sighed, although she was a bit happy he wanted to stay on the phone with her.

“Hey Minnie,” he suddenly asked. “Hmm?” she replied, thinking he had a question on the assignment. However, what came from him next caught her totally off guard.

“What if I did have feelings for you?” He said quietly, but loud enough for Min to hear. Her eyes widened as her face turned automatically tomato-red and her heart began to beat faster. She fell into shocked silence for a minute before laughing with nonchalance, and replying. “Ha, you're funny. As a friend, right?” She didn’t want to believe he was messing with her.

“Maybe a little more than that…”

Min was silent again for a minute before replying quietly, “Ahn Jaehyun, don’t you dare mess with me.”

“I’m not! Why don’t you believe me?!” He sounded genuinely upset.

“Because you’ve pulled this prank on me before! On April Fool’s Day!” Min ran a hand through her hair in frustration. She didn’t know if he was telling the truth.

“Well I’m telling the truth this time. I really do have feelings for you.”

“Yeah, as a friend? As a sister?” She insisted. She didn’t want to be caught as a fool.

“No, as something more. I’m serious Minnie…” His voice was low, as if hesitant.

“…I don’t know if I believe you,” she mumbled back. Before he could reply, she quickly cut him off. “Look, I have to finish, uh, the paper for Lit. Talk to you some other time,” she said before quickly hitting the end call icon. She sighed, tossing her phone across the bed and holding her head in her hands. Who was she kidding? She never procrastinated. The paper was done, and she knew that Jaehyun knew that.

Her phone pinged, signaling a message, and she leaned over the bed to grab the phone.

 

                                         Conversation with Jaehyunnie~

                                Do you believe me yet?

Jae, I’m busy                               

                                 Minniee, I’m not kidding. I really have fallen for you.

idk...                                        

After the last sent message, he didn’t send another message.

Min got sick the next day, so her mom allowed her to skip school that day. Her phone was off; she didn’t want to talk to anyone because of her exhausted nature. However, the moment she turned her phone back on to call her friends, she got another message from Jaehyun.

                                         Conversation with Jaehyunnie~

                                Do you believe me now?

Min pursed her lips and didn’t answer, not wanting to fall for his words again. She exited the window and locked her phone before throwing it across the room to her bed, but stood up to walk across the room and grab her phone again. Slipping into her bed, under the covers with a sigh, her phone remained gripped in her hand as she slowly fell asleep into a nap.

“Minyoung-ah?”

Min moaned, not wanting to be disturbed in her sleep. “Mom, 10 more minutes~”

“Get up, lazy daughter! Jaehyun’s come to give you your missed assignments.”

At the sound of his name, Min quickly sat up in bed, wide-awake now. “What? Jaehyun?!”

“That’s right, now wake up!” Min’s mom left her room before Jaehyun entered slowly, unsure of how Min was going to react. Min watched him with no expression, giving to regards to her undoubtedly messy hair, tired eyes, and flushed cheeks from her fever.

“Hey,” he said timidly, sitting down next to her on the bed carefully with a folder in his hands, which contained all of the work for that day at their rigorous-paced school. “I heard that you’re sick. Are you alright?”

“I’m perfectly fine,” Min said with no expression, refusing to look him in the eye. “Just leave the work and you can go.”

“Sorry Minnie,” Jaehyun grinned slightly. “Your mom told me to stay for dinner, so I’m going to be here for a while.”

Min was speechless for a while as she finally looked at him, before pressing her lips into a thin line. “Fine. Then at least leave my room.”

“I can’t do that either~” Jaehyun turned and lay back across her bed and across her covered legs. “Yah!” Min yelled in surprise at his boldness, immediately attempting to kick him off, but he persistently stayed on. “I’m not going anymore until you accept my feelings, because I know you feel the same.”

“Wow, how arrogant can one little bastard be,” she muttered, scooting away towards the wall so that his head fell off her legs, making him wince as his head fell suddenly. He sat up and turned to stare at her piercingly, not looking away at all. She stared back at him nervously, her hand automatically feeling around for a defense mechanism. “What?”

“Can I kiss you, Minnie?” He asked with a foolish grin.

“Yah!” Min grabbed her pillow and threw it violently at his face, her face bursting into a blush. “You shameless idiot!”

“Whattt~” he effortlessly dodged the pillow and grinned impishly at her. “It was a perfectly sincere question.”

Her face turned even pinker as she threw another pillow at him, this time hitting him squarely over the head. “Leave!”

“Aww, I can’t do that when my new love is sick,” he crooned as he crawled towards her slowly with a sly grin, making her scoot into the wall in a panic to get away from him. He stopped right as his arm came down on the other side of her thighs, trapping her with their faces a few mere inches apart. “If you don’t agree to be my girlfriend, I’m gonna kiss you~” he threatened with a grin.

“If you don’t back off now, I’m gonna slap you,” Min growled as she held another pillow up to act as a divider between them.

“Mmm, sorry. Wrong answer.” Before Min had time to comprehend what was happening, Jaehyun swooped forward to drop a light peck on her nose, one that lasted a millisecond. “Now, you should probably answer correctly this time before I do that again,” he grinned.

Min’s lips were pressed firmly together in shock, her eyes wide as she stared at Jaehyun in shock and fury. “Yah—!” She was cut off as he dropped another peck, this time on her cheek. “Sorry, wrong answer,” he grinned playfully. “Try again. If you don’t answer correctly this time, it’ll be riiight here~” He tapped her bottom lip lightly. “And it won’t be for one second.”

“Ahn Jaehyun,” Min growled. “Back off right now.”

“Ahh, but I don’t want to,” Jaehyun whined with a mischievous smirk as he leaned even closer to her lips.

Min squeezed her eyes shut, gripping her hands tightly in fists as she finally burst out. “Fine, you demanding, pushy, sneaky little bastard!”

“Lee Minyoung, watch your mouth!” Min’s mother’s voice came sharply from outside the closed door.

Ahn Jaehyun grinned in victory as she finally agreed. “Finally, you’re mine,” he smirked before leaning in to press his lips against hers.


This oneshot is actually based on a recent event in my life, except Min got a better ending than I did //shot//

So I had wrote this in a time where my feels were high up in the air for the MinJae couple and my own life, positive and negative respectively. So enjoy. It's a bit pathetic (I actually wasn't planning on putting it up but I don't want to disappoint you guys anymore) but it's a filler as I try to scrap up some ideas.

Also, since I don't have enough patience and inspiration to write 20,000+ words every time I update, I'm might do a bit shorter scenarios as well. Sorry, but the more brilliant ideas come to me in bits and pieces, and I don't want to lose inspiration by making myself think "Ugh, but I have to extend that idea" and I'll end up dragging it out then getting bored of it.

-mjooyeon