Playing Hero ☾ Min x CNU

Min Oneshot Collection

 

 

(^ watch for reference!)

 

A chorus of "Good jobs!"s and "Well done!"s came from the crowd of stylists and managers over the group of panting singers as they filed off the Gayo Daejun stage into the back hallway. They had just finished a special stage where they each sang a different legendary classic kpop song, and the different clothings of the time periods clashed in the cramped hall.

 

Min gratefully accepted the water bottle that her manager handed her and twisted open the cap before chugging it down. The pink running jacket that she had to wear was not at all helping with her cooldown, so she quickly wwent into the females' dressing room to change into her normal clothes. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), she didn't have any more performances left for that stage, so she got into a loose gray t-shirt, black leggings, and white sneakers before coming out to her manager oppa and nodding to show that she was ready to leave. Adjusting the backpack over her shoulder, she and her manager started for the back, where the parking lot was behind a corner of the building.

 

Once they got into the car, Min rummaged through her bag, before realizing she had left something very important. "Ah, wait oppa, I forgot my phone!" she gave her manager an apologetic smile as she opened the door and hurried back into the building.

 

She quickly found her phone in the small locker she had been provided with and sighed with relief when she saw it. Grabbing it, she held it close to her chest and quickly walked back out.

 

The moment she exited the building, a group of teenagers, all of them maybe 17 or 18, spotted her and immediately went up to her. 

 

Yikes, Min thought, expecting them to start fangirling and screaming. But on the contrary, they all glared at her as if she had killed their dog.

 

"We don't like how you snuggled up to Shinwoo oppa like that, ," one of them spat out venemously. 

 

Min's eyes widened when she realized that they were in fact, sasaeng fans. Not only that, she recognized a few of them as part of an infamous sasaeng cult that all female idols were given lectures about, completed with pictures of the members.

 

"I hope you realized how many people hate you. You're so ugly and you can't even sing. How are you worthy to even touch Shinwoo oppa?"

 

Min grew terrified as she backed up, however the wall soon stopped her retreat. 

 

One of them raised her hand as if to slap her, and Min pressed herself back and a let out a small shriek as she waited for the sting with clenched eyes and hands.

 

"Hey!"

 

A male shout caused the girls to gasp and whirl around. Min clutched her pounding heart and slid to the floor with her eyes still shut tightly, thanking whoever came to rescue her like a superhero.

 

"Shinwoo oppa!" The girls screamed and went up to him. One of them pouted. "I don't like how you touched Min like that!"

 

"I understand that you might be upset, but please don't attack Min. She didn't ask for any of this to happen. Now, I want you guys to be safe, so please get home right now before it gets dark," Min could hear the natural gentleness in his voice as he pleaded the fans to leave.

 

"...alright oppa," they said grudgingly. Min heard the group of footsteps fade before a hand gently grasped her wrist (which was still over her heart) and helped her up. She craned her neck to look up at him, not realizing that her eyes were watering from the shock. There was CNU, in all of his 6 feet, wearing normal clothes and looking at her with concern.

 

"Are you alright? Did they hurt you?" Min shook her head at his questions, finally recovering from the scare as she shyly pulled her wrist from his hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "N-No, thanks for saving me though."

 

"Of course. No problem."

 

The two fell into an awkward silence for a bit, before CNU finally spoke up to break it. "So..do you want to go get coffee right now with me?"

 

Min looked at him in surprise at his boldness. "Like a date?" she straightforwardly asked, then immediately flushed lightly at how quickly she had said that.

 

CNU rubbed his neck awkwardly, also blushing a bit. "S-Sure, you can call it that." He dropped his hand and looked at her. "Honestly, I heard what those girls said, and I think they're completely wrong. You're beautiful and an amazingly talented singer. I hope that you can give me a chance to get to know you better."

 

Now Min's face was on fire. Her eyes widened, then a small smile spread on her lips as she gave a light nod.

 

"Sure."

 

Hello hello, this is a long over-due update, and I'm a terrible person. I apologize.

I was looking through my old word docs for fanfics and ideas and i found one that just said "Min is cornered and CNU saves her."

So I thought, why not, I'll write it right now.

Hahaha CNU is so underrated. He's so cool. So here's some tall broad-shouldered and cutehin dongwoo pics

 

Thank you to everyone who has stayed faithful to me, whether new or old subscriber!

 

jooyeon out