Goodbye For Now... ☾ Min x Jinyoung

Min Oneshot Collection


Goodbye For Now... minxjinyoung


It was nearly 11 pm when a knock sounded through the GOT7 residence.

BamBam scrambled from his spot at the sofa to get the door first, abandoning his laptop which was currently running League of Legends. "I got it!"

"Yah, yah, yah! How could you leave me?!" Jinyoung slammed the keys on his computer as he tried to hold up their duo by himself, but was soon destroyed by the opposing team. "Aish, Bam, you got us killed!" He dropped his hands and leaned back in his seat, annoyed.

"Hi noona!" BamBam ignored the complaining and happily greeted the woman who was standing outside the door. "Come in!"

Jinyoung lazily turned his head to see who it was, assuming it was one of the assistant managers. But when he saw the small curvy woman who he had a special relationship with, he jumped up, tripping slightly on the table as he stumbled over to her.

"Min noona! What are you doing here?" He wrapped his arms around as soon as he reached her, tightly hugging her with such vigor that she almost lost her balance. She was wearing a long thick coat over a red dress and black tights. Her hair fell in curls around her shoulders. She had just come back from a dinner with Fei and Suzy, and she looked stunning. Jinyoung's heart was beating hard and quick, excitement written clearly all over his face.

She smiled at his antics and returned the eager hug, burying her face into his chest as she took in his warmth. He stepped slightly to lean down a place a small kiss against her lips.

"You should have asked me to come to you! It's too cold outside for you to be out at this time," he said worriedly as he grabbed her cold hands, warming her small fingers in between his hands.

Min smiled again, but it soon fell from her face. She was clearly bothered by something, and Jinyoung could tell right away. His smile also fell as he cupped her cheek with a hand. "Are you okay?"

"Can we talk?" She quietly mumbled. Jinyoung's heart skipped a beat with nervousness at the words.

"Of course. Do you want to come up to my room?"

"Actually, can we talk outside?" She bit her lip before turning and leading him outside.

The snow had hit early and was already coming down in December. Shallow piles surrounded them as they stood underneath the awning outside the front door. Snow continued to fall lightly, illuminated by the street lights.

"Min, what's wrong?" Jinyoung took her hands as she seemed to struggle to speak. She finally looked up, surprising him with tears welling up in his eyes.

"I'm leaving Korea."

His stomach dropped. "W-What?"

Min took a deep breath, attempting to calm her shaky voice.

"Jinyoung, you know that my contract is almost at the end, right?" Jinyoung nodded, too stricken to say anything.

"I'm not going to renew it with the company. Miss A has been inactive for almost two years. They say that we're doing solo activities, but it's just Suzy. I was done the moment my musical was over, which was a year ago." She gently pulled her hand from Jinyoung's. "I love Suzy, I do. I'm so happy for her success and all of the dramas that are lined up for her. But I have to start thinking for myself, and staying with Miss A will only drag me down."

By now, the tears were falling freely. The dinner she was just at was to discuss with Fei and Suzy their future. Suzy knew from the beginning that she would renew with the company, while Fei remained unsure. When Jia had left, she had adamantly said she was leaving to go back to China and restart her career there.

Min thought long and hard about her decision, but deep in her heart she always knew what the choice was gonna be. She could be so much more successful without being restrained by a contract.

"Jinyoung, Miss A has been around for almost seven years. GOT7 has been around for almost three years. Our group is over twice the age of yours. And yet, you guys have produced twice as many songs." She ruefully laughed. "It's not your guys' fault, I'm not saying that. But the management is out of control. And I deserve more than this.

"I love you, you know that right?" Jinyoung couldn't speak. His lip quivered as he tried his damn hardest to suppress the sobs that threatened to explode from him. He simply nodded.

"I'm leaving for America in a week. I'm going to go to some old connections to help kickstart my new career, and I don't know how long I'll be there." She wiped her tears away, although in vain as they kept fallinig. "You deserve more than a girlfriend who's never going to be there."

"I...I could visit you. It's not a problem," he finally said with shakiness. "We can video call every day...and...and...send care packages...and..."

"Jinyoung, we should break up." His voice caught at her painful words. "We shouldn't hold each other back."

"Hold each other back?" He spat out. "You wouldn't hold me back. Min, you're my motivation, you could never hold me back, only spur me on. I think the right words you're looking for is that I would hold you back!"

Min couldn't even respond or deny it. It hurt, but if this was the only way he could let go, she would let it happen. 

"You're right Jinyoung, you would only hold me back. I might never live in Korea again, and I don't want to be tied to this place or this company through you." Her voice broke. "I'm better off without you...goodbye Jinyoung."

She turned and began to shakily walk away, knowing that if she saw Jinyoung break that she would certainly do so as well. Jinyoung watched her walk away with a stabbing in his heart. He knew she was lying.

"It's only goodbye for now Min!" He yelled after her. "Even if you never come back to Korea, I'll go to America and find you! You can't get rid of me that easily." Tears ran freely down his cheeks now.

"I'll see you soon! I love you!"

With those final words, Jinyoung spun on his heel and stormed back into the house before he started to lose it. Min stopped when she heard the door close and fell slowly into a crouch, snow falling down on her, as she began to sob her broken heart out.


 

I was going to end on a depressingly sad with-no-hope way but i HAD to add that touch of hope at the end. That's just how I am..

PLEASE COMMENT AND MOTIVATE ME.