Inseparable ☾ Min x Gikwang

Min Oneshot Collection


Inseparable minxgikwang


A short girl with shoulderblade-length hair walked down the hall of her high school. Her hands were almost hidden from sight in the over-sized uniform that was hanging from her body, and she looked almost awkward in the loose clothes. She cautiously watched the people around her, looking for one specific person that made her heart beat faster and avoiding another that made her life hell.

Not paying attention, she walked straight into a pole, making her trip and the book that had been in her arms skid across the hall, where, it stopped in a little space between the lockers.

She rubbed the aching spot on her hip as she made a sour expression. Why is there a freaking pole in the middle of the-- Her annoyed thoughts were interrupted as a hand appeared in front of her face, offering her help up.

Slowly looking up, the girl's full cheeks pinked a bit, almost unnoticeably. Reaching out slowly, she took the hand, in which the  owner helped her up. "Th-thank you, Gikwang-ssi," she mumbled quietly.

"You're welcome, Min-ssi!" Gikwang grinned, his cheerful eyesmile obvious and noticeable. Min looked down at her sleeve-covered hands, scared to look up in case her blush became more obvious. Talk, Lee Minyoung! Use this chance to get to know him! Her thoughts came in a torrent.

Just as Min hesitantly opened to start a conversation, a sugar-filled and honey-like voice called out. "Gikwang!"

Min flinched, her eyes squeezing shut and willing the voice to go away so that she could talk to Gikwang, but no such luck. His attention easily slid away from Min and focused on the owner of the sweet voice. "Hyosung! Annyeong!"

The blond, curly-haired girl grinned as she bounced up to Gikwang and linked her arm with his, dragging him away from Min as she chattered away like a non-stop machine.

Blowing her bangs up with frustration, Min pushed her fringe out of her face with her fingers as she walked over to where her textbook had fallen. Just as she leaned down to pick it up, her head accidently hit the lockers. With a yelp, she fell back on her bottom as she rubbed her forehead, cursing at her own clumsiness. At that moment, another voice went through her ears, making her flinch as dread jolted her body.

"Aww, look at little Minnie~ She's so blindly stupid she can't even watch her own head~" The bully of a certain tiny girl sauntered up to Min as she quickly grabbed her book and stood up, not wanting to make her seem smaller than she already was.

"Can I help you, Hongki-ssi?" She coolly asked, her unfazed manner by her panicked eyes darting around, searching for an opening.

"You can help me by leaving this school," He cruelly laughed as he snatched her textbook away, leaning up to toss it on top of the lockers where the poor girl obviously couldn't reach it.

Min's tiny hands curled up into tight fists, hidden in her sleeves. "Give it back to me."

"Hmmm, how about, no?" Hongki laughed. He raked his eyes over her face and body, a skeptical smirk on his face. "Why do you go to this school? This place is full of hot faces and y S-lines, and you're here to ruin it with your ugly expressions and fatass body."

Min opened to hotly argue. "Oh yeah? How much to you want to bet that my body is fat?" It wasn't her fault that her frame was so petite that they didn't have a size small enough for her.

A look a surprise and doubt crossed over Hongki's face, but he quickly brushed it off. "I don't need to bet it, I know it." But still, a more critical eye went over her body, hovering over areas that made Min want to squirm. 

A sneaky and unsettling smirk settled on Hongki's lips as he grabbed her wrists, holding them up so she wouldn't move. "But you know, since I'm oh-so kind and mighty, why don't you date me? Of course you'll say yes, you should consider yourself lucky that I'm even offering." 

"Forget it," Min hissed venemously. The arrogant smirk disappeared off of Hongki's face as he glared at her. "You dare--!" He let go of one of her wrists, raising his palm to strike her. Min flinched, cowering and squeezing her eyes shut.

"Stop, Hongki," a shadow went over Min, and she slowly opened her eyes. Her other hand was let go of.

Gikwang had come back to because he felt a bit bad for suddenly leaving Min without a goodbye, and wanted to talk with her. He saw a crowd gathering and the obnoxious voice of his friend, Hongki, floating out of the center.

Pushing through the people, Gikwang found Min with a murdurous-expression, her wrists shackled by Hongki's grip. His eyes widened, and he quickly pushed his body in between the two, leading up to what was happening now.

Hongki immediately backed off, dropping his hands to his sides and hastily backing away. "Alright, alright, I'm sorry bro." He quickly turned and hurried off to his homeroom.

Gikwang gave an annoyed eyeroll before turning back with a smile, meeting a pink-faced and shocked Min. "Annyeong again, Min!" he cheerfully said.

"A-annyeong..."

"Hey, don't be nervous! I don't bite. Anyways, I want to be friends with you, so do you want to meet up at the cafe that's closest to here after school?" Min was overwhelmed by the sudden proposal, and blinked repeatedly, looking oddly like a confused and stupid owl. "Uh...uh...yeah, sure!" She blurted out after stuttering.

"Great! See you after school!"

Nervously, Min stood outside the cafe where she was to meet Gikwang, her palms sweating and forcing herself to take deep breaths, before she finally pushed the door to the shop open, immediately spotting Gikwang sitting at a small table in the corner of the shop. He had a coffee cup in his hand and his phone in other, and was absentmindedly sipping his drink while playing with his phone.

Silently, Min approached the table, standing at the side of it. Gikwang glanced up while taking a sip then spluttered on his coffee, coughing comically as he quickly covered his mouth. Min couldn't help but burst out in laughter at his confused expression.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" she grinned, all traces of nervousness suddenly gone. Gikwang reached for a napkin, wiping his mouth as he chuckled. "Yeah, I didn't notice you coming in. Come on, sit down," he gestured to the chair in front of him.

Now, imagine two people who barely knew each other, meeting up for a date. You'd expect the date to be awkward, right? Not in this case. Gikwang was very friendly, a grin always flashing as he easily talked to Min, asking questions and telling his stories, not letting a single awkward moment appear. She warmed up immediately, filling in her side of the conversation with a smile and with an excited feeling that she was sitting in front of her crush, conversing with him.

They stayed there for so long the employees had to ask them to leave so that they can close up the cafe. When they stepped outside into the cold air, Min marveled at how fast time went by, stating her thoughts out loud.

"Well, time flies when you're having fun," Gikwang gave Min a cheeky and playful wink.

A flush immediately appeared on her cheeks as she hurriedly looking away in embarrassment, not wanting him to see her pink face. "Y-yeah."

Not noticing, Gikwang threw his hands up and stretched. "Wah, the weather's nice tonight." He let his arms down then looked over at Min, who was idly looking away as she pat her cheeks. "Minnie~"

Min's head flipped towards him, her cheeks blushing all over again. "Wh-what?"

"Can I call you that? You're just so small and cute~" Gikwang grinned good-naturedly as he pat her head.

"S-sure..." Min thanked her lucky stars that it was night and he couldn't see how dark her face was.

"Anyway, let's do this tomorrow?" He grinned and looked at her, tilting his head inquiringly.

"Definitely," Min grinned.


 

-mjooyeon