Discoveries

Love's First Spark

∞∞∞∞∞Melinda POV∞∞∞∞∞

“Taemin, where are we going?” I giggled.

“Come on!” said Taemin. It’s just around the corner!!”

We ran around Seoul chasing each other down. When we reached the other side of the city, we were out of breath and were gasping for air.

“I hate running,” I said.

Taemin shrugged, “Ah, you get use to it.”

I looked up. “Why?”

Just then a black hole opened up and slowly pulled us in. Black strings whipped out of the hole and caught on to Taemin. It was slowly pulling him toward the hole.

“Taemin! Taemin!” I screamed.

Taemin grabbed on to my arm. I tugged and pulled Taemin as hard as I could, but I couldn’t get him to move. No, this can’t be the end.

Then, I began to hear whispers that quickly turned into shouts and screams.
“OPPA!!”

“SHINEE Saranghae!!”

“Taemin who is that girl?”

“OPPA! Saranghae!!”

More strings came out and pulled Taemin closer to the hole. Tears appeared in my eyes as I saw little hope of Taemin escaping. I can’t lose him.

“Melinda,” said Taemin. “You have to let go.”

“No, I can’t,” I said. “You have to make it out of here.”

“I’m sorry,” said Taemin.

“I’ll go with you too,” I said. “Anywhere with you.”

“No, you’ll get hurt by them. I can’t stand you getting hurt,” said Taemin.

“I’m strong. I can resist it,” I said.

“Melinda, please I don’t want you to get hurt,” said Taemin. “As long I am who I am right now, it’s too dangerous.

“Why?” I said.

“Because, um…because I’m a-“

The black hole erupted with wind and chaos swirling around. Taemin’s face was filled with pain and tears. He tried to tell me something but everything was so loud. Strings flew out and did the final tug that sent Taemin into the hole.

 

My eyes popped open and I sat up quickly in bed. Oh, it was just a dream. Just relax Melinda. Taemin didn’t get up into a hole. I’ll see him soon.

I sighed and lay down on my bed. That was a really weird dream. Well, I had a lot of weird dreams lately ever since I started dating Taemin. Yes, you heard right. I, Melinda Smith, am dating Lee Taemin (or Taemin Lee, whatever works for you.) I really don’t know why I been having these dreams. Are they trying to tell me something or what? All I remember are these annoying fan girls shouting “Oppa!” or “Saranghae!!”

I shot out of bed. Wait, did one of the voices say Shinee? What did Taemin have to do with Shinee? I should really ask Taemin right now, but he’s really busy practicing music. All I ever hear is Shinee Shinee Shinee. What does Shinee have to do with anything?

Aish, I have to do something about it. I got out my laptop out and typed in Shinee in the search bar. All it said was that Shinee is a South Korean boy group under SM Entertainment. They deputed in 2008 and the group consists of Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin. Wait what? Taemin? I clicked on Taemin’s tab.

It lead me to another site. Taemin’s site said that he is the maknae, main dancer, and vocalist of Shinee. He was born on July 18, 1993. My Taemin’s birthdate is the same too! No that has to be a coincidence. Okay, lets go see his picture then. That is visual proof that this Taemin is different from my Taemin.

I clicked on images and I saw a picture of Shinee’s Taemin. No way. He looks like my Taemin. It can’t be. Taemin isn’t an idol. Is he?

Hundreds of memories rushed into my mind each fitting in like a puzzle.

Flashback:

“What music do you like to listen to?’ I asked.

Taemin stopped in his tracks a bit but continued walking.

“I like listening to pop music like Michael Jackson,” answered Taemin.

“I love Michael Jackson’s songs! He’s an amazing dancer,” I said.

“Oh, do you like dancers?” asked Taemin.

Of course! He asked if I liked dancers because he was a dancer himself. Very smooth Taemin.

Flashback:

Taemin was still smiling at me and looked down at my nails. “I really like that color. What is it?”

I looked down at my nails. What? I can’t remember what the color is. Oh yeah, now I remember. “It’s pearl aqua.”

“Pearl aqua?” For a moment, I thought I saw Taemin’s face go into panic mode. “Oh, it’s a very nice.”

Now that I finished reading Shinee’s page, it said that Shinee’s fan color was pearl aqua. It makes so much sense now why he looked panicked. He must have thought I knew he was an idol. However, back then I didn’t even know anything about Shinee.

Flashbacks:

Taemin: Did you make it safe to your home?

Melinda: Yes. Did you?

Taemin: hahaha. Yes I did. My hyungs would kill anyone if someone tried to hurt me.

Melinda: You have brothers?

Taemin: I have a brother, but I live with my friends now in an apartment. We are pretty much like brothers so…

Shinee all lives in a dorm together. Taemin must have lived with his other four members and since they see each other everyday, they are so close like brothers.

Flashback:

“Hey, can you hand this to the ticket taker please?” whispered Taemin. I took them and handed it to the ticket person.

∞∞∞

So do you have a job?” I blurted out. I’m sorry! That was the first thing that came out.

“Um, I perform with my friends on stage,” said Taemin quietly.

“Really? Wow!” I said. Taemin sounds so talented. “ What do you play?”

“Sometimes I play the guitar or the piano. Other times I dance or sing,” answered Taemin.

∞∞∞

“Hey doesn’t he look familiar?”

“Yeah. His face has this aura to it. Where have I seen that face before?”

“Wait! Isn’t he in Shinee? You know that boy group in SM?”

“Yeah he does!”

“Is it really him?”

“Call out to him and see if he answers!”

“TAEMIN TAEMIN!!”

∞∞∞

“Hey Taemin. There’s an idol named Taemin here too,” I whispered.

Taemin pulled out his cap and pushed it down. “Oh really?”

Why didn’t I see these hints before? They were right in front of me! Shinee’s Taemin is also the Taemin I’m dating. I was grinning like an idiot until everything started to sink down. Taemin was an idol while I’m a normal girl. I’m dating a Korean celebrity that girls all around the world love. What if they found out? I would be hunted down. Was that what my dream was telling me? Taemin didn’t want me to get hurt. Is that why he didn’t want to tell me his true identity?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone!

This was just quick chapter for you to read. For those who read my book already, I changed the chapters a bit. Taemin and Melinda will now have a point of view. Sorry if that's now confusing.

Anyway, hope you liked this!!

~sujualltheway13