Stranger

My Girlfriend's Nosy Parents

Stranger
"
(Don’t make excuses) You listen to others so well (Don’t make excuses) You’re only coldhearted to me"

"What do you mean she has waited so long for me to return?" Lizzy asked Eunji again when the girl didn't respond the first time.

"N-Nothing" the shorter girl replied but she was clearly lying. Lizzy narrowed her eyes to stare straight into the young Jung's eyes.

"What do you know that I don't know? Please just tell me Eunji."

"It's really nothing. Thank you for listening to me and I hope everything goes well for you!" Eunji shouted and hastily left the room.

'I'm sorry Sooyoung-ssi, but I don't want to be the one who reveals everything. Soojung is my precious cousin and Nana Unnie is a great friend'

Lizzy watched as Eunji disappeared and sighed before closing the door.

"What is going on? Why does it seem like everyone is hiding something from? What the hell is this?" Lizzy mumbled. She moved away some of th stuff that was on her girlfriend's bed before lying down to rest. The freshman stared at the ceiling and softly sighed.

'I should take a nap'

She thought to herself before snuggling into Krystal's pillow and falling asleep.

~~

Meanwhile downstairs in the lower lobby of the dormitory, Eunji was pacing back and forth, contemplating if she should tell Nana or not about Lizzy's identity. She didn't care that her fellow students were watching her weirdly.

'Damn it, if I tell Nana Unnie, without a doubt she'd try and get Lizzy back from Soojung, but if I don't, Nana Unnie would've have technically lost her love twice! She gave up her first love because she was hung up on her first love. This is a mess. Where is Jessica Unnie?! I need to talk to her about her-'

"Excuse me?" someone said and tapped Eunji on the shoulder.

"Gah!" Eunji jumped back in response and the girl giggled.

"You seem really troubled."

"Trouble would be an understatement to be very honest" Eunji replied while blushing.

"Aigo you're cute." the girl giggled again before reaching her hand out.

"I'm Park Chorong and I'm a sophomore here. I'm majoring in acting."

"I'm Ju-"

"Jung Eunji. I know. We all know." Chorong cut in and smiled. The younger blushed again seeing the brunette's beautiful smile.

"What do you mean 'we all know'?"

"Well you're the most talented in our dormitory. You're the one who got scouted by major music companies."

"Oh. T-Thank you" Eunji bowed and sighed while she scratched the back of her head.

"So what's been bothering you?"

"It's a really long story" Eunji mumbled.

"I have no classes today. I can listen."

"Are you sure you want to listen to my story? It's kind of boring."

"I'd love to. Besides, I wouldn't mind getting to know you better."

~~

Jessica was studying in her room when she heard a knock on her door. The bio-med student put down her pen to open the door for the guest.

"Yes?"

"H-Hi Jessica" Tiffany shyly greeted.

"Oh hey. How can I help you?"

"I was wondering.. y-you know never mind. I'm sorry for bothering you!"

"Hey it's cool. What's wrong?" Jessica asked again.

"Are you good at Calculus?"

"Yes? I took that class last year and got an A. Why?"

"I don't understand this homework and I have a quiz next week" Tiffany admitted with her head held down in shame. Jessica watched and chuckled slightly at how cute Tiffany looked when she's embarrassed.

"Is that all? Come in, I'll help you."

"Really?!"

"Sure. You aren't leaving this room until you are guaranteed to get at least a B+ on that quiz" Jessica said as a joke but Tiffany still blushed in response.

"Make yourself at home, I'll go get us some coffee." the blonde ordered and closed the door once Tiffany stepped in.

While Jessica was busy making coffee, the pre-med student was inspecting Jessica's room. The blonde was surprisingly a pretty neat person, with the exception of her study desk.

Once Jessica returned, the two of them began their studying session. Things were going well for the two of them for the first 30 minutes until Jessica's phone rang. 

"Excuse me for a second" Jessica walked away with the cell phone in her hand while Tiffany tried to do the remaining questions on her own. As much as she loved hearing Jessica's voice go step by step with how to solve the problems, she knew she had to be able to do them on her own if she wanted to pass that quiz.

"Wait?! Are you sure that it's her?!" Tiffany heard Jessica shout.

'Sure who is her?'

"Nana please calm down!"

"Yah! You brat don't you dare hang u- Aish!" Jessica turned and she was clearly irritable after that phone call.

"Is something the matter?"

"No. Let's just get back into studying."

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Tiffany asked again.

"Yes. It doesn't concern you" Jessica snapped and Tiffany was taken back by her crush's tone. Jessica realized her mistake and apologized.

"Sorry, but it's family business. I don't want to involve you. I shouldn't have talked like that to you. My apologies Tiffany-ssi"

"It's okay" Tiffany faked an eye-smile and pretended to do work so Jessica wouldn't see the hurt that was evident on her face.

'I'm still such a small part in your heart'

~~

Krystal returned to her room at around 6 in the evening and noticed her girlfriend was asleep and cuddling her pillow like a little koala bear.

'Cute'

Not wanting to wake up Lizzy, Krystal quietly went to take a shower and then make dinner for both her and her girlfriend. The smell of food eventually woke up Lizzy, thanks to her growling stomach. The freshman slowly got off the bed and was greeted by her girlfriend already eating.

"You're up."

"Y-Yeah. What time is it?"

"Around 7pm. You should go take a shower"

"I will" Lizzy nodded and then lazily got a change of clothes before making her way into the bathroom. Krystal continued eating until she felt a vibrate. She put down her bowl of food and reached for her cell phone to see who had texted her.

From: Nana Unnie
​- Soojung, tell me the truth, who is Lizzy?

Krystal read the message and could only raise her eyebrow in confusion.

To: Nana Unnie
- What are you talking about?

She quickly received a reply.

From: Nana Unnie
- She is Sooyoung isn't she? You've been hiding that from me haven't you?

The last message turned Krystal pale. She stared at the message for a few seconds and then managed to collect herself.

To: Nana Unnie
- What? What makes you think that?

From: Nana Unnie
- I saw a mail for her and it had her name on it. It matched with my Sooyoung.

To: Nana Unnie
- There are plenty of Lee Sooyoungs in the world. Lee is the 3rd most common of Korean surnames.

This time Krystal did not receive a reply, instead she got a call. The younger of the cousins hesitantly picked up the phone.

"Unnie are you okay?"

"Sorry Soojung. I guess you're right. I was just being hopeful."

"Unnie, I think you should just rest. This isn't good for your health."

"I know. Just... deep down I thought I finally found my Sooyoung. I should've known that only happened in fairytales. Sorry for bothering you Soojung-ah. Good night."

"G-Good night Unnie"

​Once Nana hanged up, Krystal put down her phone and covered her face with the palms of her hands.

"I'm a terrible cousin" She mumbled to herself.

~~

"So that's the entire story" Eunji finished and felt like some weight had just gotten lifted off her shoulders.

"That's actually amazing. It's like a fan fiction oh my God." Chorong laughed.

"Tell me about it. Maybe I should go into media and directing. I could make a whole record breaking Korean Drama with this plot about my own family and my life."

"You really should."

"Thank you for listening Chorong-ssi"

"Just Chorong is fine."

"You're older than me so Chorong Unnie then."

"Okay then"

"Unnie?"

"Yes?"

"Whose side do you think I should be on? Nana Unnie's or Soojung's? One is a close friend and the other is my cousin by blood. Both are precious to me. I don't want to hurt Krystal by revealing to Nana Unnie who Lizzy really is, but at the same time, I don't want to hurt Nana Unnie by keeping her in the dark. It makes me feel like a terrible person because I know all this but I won't tell anyone. It's like I'm just waiting for a bomb to explode."

Chorong looked over at Eunji and gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Listen, you're a great person and if I was in your position, I'd be confused too."

"Really?" Eunji cutely asked.

"Of course. And you're a really good person. I can tell from your story about the girl you love."

"Thank you. But I guess being a good person isn't enough when it comes to love."

"I don't agree."

"If being a kind person was all it took, Naeun would've have finally loved me back the way I always wanted her to. Instead she still can't love me. Love just isn't fair. Maybe it's better for me to be alone seeing how troublesome relationships can be."

"Don't say that. Maybe it just wasn't meant to happen. It's her loss honestly."

Eunji shook her head.

"Naeun is a great girl. She's smart and beautiful. It's my own fault for believing that a loser like me would win her over."

Chorong pouted at Eunji's words and then pinched the younger's cheeks.

"Owww... Unnie" Eunji whined and rubbed her cheeks.

"Listen, you are a good person and you deserve nothing but the best. Just because it didn't work out with Naeun doesn't mean you shouldn't try with someone else."

"..."

"Eunji"

"Y-Yes?"

"Please go out with me. I'll treat you right."

~~

Lizzy stepped out of the shower with a towel on her head and then sat across from her girlfriend.

"What's wrong Krys?" Lizzy asked when she noticed Krystal wasn't looking like her usual self.

"Soo-ah."

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. Shoot."

"So I have this friend and I know a very important secret. If I told her, I'd get a lot of people, including myself, in trouble. But if I don't tell her, I'd end up hurting her. What should I do?"

"That's hard." Lizzy thought for a second.

"To be honest, this is one of those things that there are no right or wrong answers. It's important to love and treat your friends well, but at the same time, you must remember to be nice to yourself too. If this can hurt a lot of people, I can see why you wouldn't want to tell anyone. But I do feel bad for the friend."

"I'm a bad person. I'm a liar" Krystal muttered.

"That's not true! You're not a liar, you're just... hiding the truth."

"I guess..."

"May I know who is this friend?"

"..."

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me"

Lizzy assured Krystal that it was fine and apologized for being nosy before going back to eating.

"It's Nana Unnie" Krystal suddenly spoke up.

"The friend is Nana Unnie. And the secret I'm keeping from her is you."

"You're Lee Sooyoung, my cousin Nana Park Jin Ah's first love."

"Nana Unnie has been waiting for you since the day you left."

TBC

​Woow this is mad late but just in time for the holiday season n_n *dodges flying fruit cake* Sorry I've been busy with College but my finals are almost here and then it's Winter Break. OMG the secret is finally out! A new girl is crushing on Eunji?! Jessica is being cold to Tiffany?! (okay the last one is normal). Thank you all for reading and always commenting and upvoting. See you guys next update. Sorry for any typos T.T

Let's all welcome Chorong into this story!