Beginning

The End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They had met during the middle of their sophomore year in high school.

 

 

 

On a bright sunny Wednesday, Myungsoo idly sits next to the back windows in his classroom feeling the cool spring breeze as he listened to his teacher call role.

“Kim Myungsoo?” The old grandpa-looking teacher calls his name loudly without looking up from the student list.

“Present.” Myungsoo answers nonchalantly as he leans back in his seat ready to shut his eyes to rest when in the corner of his eye, he catches sight of something that looks like a school bag flying towards the school gates rapidly out of nowhere.

Myungsoo keeps his eyes opens and watches it ungracefully hit the closing school gates making it fly backwards with a bang and flopped onto the ground.

Just as the bag fell, Myungsoo then saw an unfamiliar long limbed brown haired boy running with all his might to the closing school gates. Myungsoo tilted his head curiously as he was sure he hasn’t seen this boy around before. The school was small and only a selected number of the most talented and brightest students attended. Everyone was special in their own way and everyone knew each other or of each other.

Myungsoo leaned forward, his cheek resting in the palm of his hand, his elbow on the table, and turned his head to face the window fully as he peered down to see the boy unfortunately stopping in front of the now completely shut school gates.

He could see the boy puff his cheeks ruffling his messy brown hair and with a bent knee, the boy kicked forward hitting the school gates frustrated. The boy quickly regretted it as he made a pained face and crouched down to pet his foot.

For a few moments, the boy just squatted in front of the school gates with his arms placed on his knees, his hair covering his eyes, and everything was still. Everything was silent. Or it seemed silent.

A swift breeze blew past making the cherry blossom trees surrounding the school shake and some of the petals from the flowers fall with the wind.

Myungsoo could then see the boy sigh by the way the arch of the boy’s back went up and then down. The boy then glanced up towards the sky staring at it for a moment and Myungsoo looked up to make sure he wasn’t missing what the boy was seeing.

Myungsoo crinkled his forehead; it was just the clear blue sky, nothing different. What did the boy see that he couldn’t?

Myungsoo then looked back to the boy and saw the boy closing his eyes. The corners of the boy’s lips turning up while his lips started spreading thin as his chest heaved in and out air. Another gust of wind blew past the boy making his hair flow with the wind and all Myungsoo could do was stare.

Myungsoo stared at the boy’s face.

He stared at the way the boy’s hair moved.

He stared at the boy’s tussled uniform.

He especially stared at the boy’s lips.

He just stared, mesmerized. It was a soft smile. The boy was smiling. It looked so reassuring and so gentle.

If Myungsoo could reach out and brush the boy’s lips, he would.

If he could reach out and caress the boy’s face, he would.

The boy then chuckled opening his mouth a little and put his head back down. Myungsoo quirked an eyebrow at the boy confused now forgetting about how he just felt, what was so funny about being late to school?

The boy then abruptly stood upright, attempted to fix his hair, dusted and smoothed out his uniform, and picked up his school bag. The boy then walked up to the huge school gates and tossed his bag up letting the bag fall to the other side of the gate through one of the big gaps at the top of the huge gate.

The boy then took 4 big steps away from the gate and braced himself.

Myungsoo eyed the boy and thought surely the boy isn’t going to try to climb or worse jump over the gate. It was ridiculous. The gate is at least 5 times the boy’s height.

But soon enough, the boy took off running and jumped onto the gate.

The boy hit the gate with a huge clanging noise and Myungsoo could feel his eyes go big as he continued to watch the boy cling onto the gate. Myungsoo’s heart started to race and unaware, he was cheering on the boy to climb higher.

The boy began to climb it carefully. He got to the top of the gate and stopped for a second. It looked like the boy was hesitating. The boy held onto the gate with one hand while the other brushing hair out of his eyes and with steady legs, he jumped down landing next to his bag while rolling a bit to break his fall.

The boy rolled so much that he ended up laying on his back, uniform dirty from the dirt, hair all over the place, but through all that Myungsoo could spot a smile on the boy’s face. Myungsoo could then hear the boy shout “YES” in accomplishment with a fist in the air.

Myungsoo busted out laughing out loud while clutching onto his stomach. He couldn’t believe it. The boy was nuts. But nonetheless he was happy for the boy.

“Ahem, Student Kim.” Myungsoo’s teacher called to him while tapping his stand impatiently.

“What is so funny about Freud’s theory on ual behavior? Do I have to send you to the counselor because you are unable to maturely sit in on this lecture? ” Myungsoo turned his attention to the class. He noticed the way his fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter