End

The End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the corner of Myungsoo’s eye, he sees Sungyeol walk into the cafe with a unreadable expression. He stares at the boy coming closer with his heart clenching tighter at the sight of each step the later took closer to him. Myungsoo noticed the way Sungyeol smiled sweetly to the cafe workers greeting him and then as Sungyeol stopped to scan the cafe with the smile still on his face, they finally make eye contact. Myungsoo sees Sungyeol’s smile slowly disappearing and his heart stops. His heart stops and it aches wishing that they could return back to they way they used to be.

But Myungsoo knew better than that.

He knew that what they had wasn’t there anymore because of what had happened just 3 weeks prior to this meeting. Myungsoo stood up to greet Sungyeol. Sungyeol nodded in response and sat down clearly avoiding his eye contact. The waitress came and took their orders and as the waitress left, they slowly looked opposite ways knowing the inevitable.

Neither of them wanted to do it. Neither of them knew how it came to be this way. So they just sat there, quietly adjusting to the moment. Adjusting to the coming change that was going to take place any moment. The change that will make them both happier, hopefully.

Sungyeol stared out the window not wanting to look at Myungsoo. He knew that if he did, tears would form and his heart would ache even more. Looking at Myungsoo would mean remembering what Myungsoo had done and Sungyeol couldn’t take that. Sungyeol was scared of breaking and even more, breaking down in front of Myungsoo.

He didn’t want to look weak in front of Myungsoo. He hated looking weak in front of Myungsoo. Maybe it was because he was older and had his pride to hold tightly onto or maybe it was because Sungyeol was tired of looking weak in Myungsoo’s eyes. So weak and fractured that maybe that’s why Myungsoo had done what he had done to get away from Sungyeol’s broken state that one night.

Sungyeol continued to stare out the window and could feel the tension coming from the atmosphere around them. He couldn’t take the tight feeling in his chest so he slowly raised his gaze to look at Myungsoo while biting his lip trying to prevent himself from crying. He didn’t want to cry and he can’t cry because he knew that this day was coming. He knew that it was best for both of them. Sungyeol continued to stare at Myungsoo’s beautiful sharp features suddenly feeling weak and turned to look back out the wind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter