Poison Detector

Bigosaurus Bang [HIATUS]

“The berries.. those berries are definitely not okay.” TOP said. He was pale and drenched with cold sweat. “Those were the worst couple of hours of my entire life.” Seungri said dramatically as he stood up from a nearby bush, wiping his mouth on his sleeve, wobbling back to the guys that lay strewn on the ground, each more sickly looking than the other.

“We've got to find some food” G-Dragon said concerned. “Ugh, don't talk to me about food.” Daesung's stomach threatened another trip to the bushes. “Well, at least we need a new place to sleep, this place reeks!” Seungri wrinkled his nose. “What are we going to do about food? How will we know if it's okay to eat or not? I just can't go through this again.” Seungri added. Everyone was silent, deep in thought.

Taeyang was playing with Bangie, making him fetch sticks. Well, the fetching part needed a little work. Every time he threw a stick Bangie would get all excited, rummage around for a new stick and throw it in the same direction as Taeyang. Bangie was wagging his tail proudly, not really grasping the concept of the game. Taeyang chuckled. He stopped abruptly, sitting up. “I know!”. The others all turned to look at him, still weak but slowly recuperating. “Bangie all but went insane when I offered him the berries, maybe he knew?” Taeyang said, still thinking it through. “We could try having Bangie sniff the food first, if he goes crazy we don't eat it. What do you think? It's better than nothing.” Taeyang had a hopeful look in his eyes, regaining some of the color in his face.

G-Dragon mulled it over for a second “That might actually work. At least it's our best bet, well.. our only bet really.”. “I think it would be best to split up.” G-Dragon added, formulating a plan. “TOP, you and Daesung take your backpack and go that way.” G-Dragon pointed to the left. “Gather as much as you can, anything that looks remotely edible, and bring it back here. We'll have Bangie test it before we try it. Don't eat anything on the way, I don't care how delicious it looks!”. “Me, Taeyang and Seungri will take Bangie and go that way.” pointing to the right. “We'll have him check what we find on the spot and only take back the stuff that's okay” G-Dragon concluded. “Heeey, that means you guys will get to eat all the best food first!” Daesung said with a fake pout. TOP punched him lightly in the arm with a smile on his face. “Not my fault you are on the losing team.” G-Dragon joked, winking at him. “Let's go guys!”.

 

Taeyang hadn't been sure if Bangie would actually follow them, but he skipped along happily beside him. Taeyang was beginning to grow really fond of him, he was a clever little thing. G-Dragon and Seungri were scanning the forest as they went along, looking for anything that remotely resembled food. Seungri diligently checked every bush he encountered on his way. There was a lot one could say about Seungri, but he was a hard worker, that was for sure.

When Seungri was out of earshot, Taeyang looked at G-Dragon with beaming eyes, “Were you really going to take Bangie on to protect me earlier?”. “Mmm yeah, I guess..” G-Dragon answered, furrowing his brow. “Well, I didn't really think about it or plan on it or anything, I kind of just acted.” he added. That touched Taeyang even more, he didn't have to think about it, his instinct was to protect him. All kinds of fuzzy feelings welled up inside. Taeyang smiled his brightest as they continued their search.

“Found something!!” Seungri yelled as he came running back. He held a purple pear-shaped object in his hand, it kind of reminded Taeyang of an eggplant. “That looks promising, let's put it to the test!” G-Dragon said excited. Taeyang took the eggplant-like thing in his hand and bent down to be at the same level as Bangie. He affectionately his face. “Okay boy, do your thing.” Taeyang said and put his hand in front of Bangie. He sniffed it carefully and then without warning, he swallowed it whole, smacking his gums satisfied. “Ah..” G-Dragon said half-laughing with an uneasy look, “I think there is a snag in our plan.”.

 

As they walked deeper into the forest, TOP tried to make some small talk, but it wasn't really working. Daesung was beginning to get worried that things would never be the same again between them. Things had been awkward ever since that incident yesterday. Wow was it only yesterday when they had started the day as usual, going to the hair salon, unsuspecting of everything that was to come. Daesung could hardly believe it, it felt like a lifetime ago.

Daesung wasn't sure what was the best approach, whether it would be best just to keep ignoring the situation, hoping it would get less awkward with time or if he should say something. Maybe it would be better to get it all out in the open. The problem was how to start the conversation, Daesung wasn't really good at confrontation. He picked up a fist full of leaves and threw it at TOP, at least it would be an icebreaker. TOP turned around with an incredulous look, “No you didn't!”. In a flash TOP gathered a mountain of leaves and made them rain over Daesung's head. For a moment he could see nothing but leaves. TOP had a triumphant glimmer in his eyes, he was enjoying himself. “Just you wait!” Daesung started gathering leaves but TOP ran away. Daesung chased him laughing, dropping most of the leaves on the way so when he caught up with him he only had two left in his hand. He threw them gingerly at him, it was such a comically weak effort that they both burst into laughter.

“Shh! Do you hear that? It sounds like traffic!” Daesung said hopefully. He couldn't believe it, they were saved! TOP tried listening, “I don't hear it.” he said disappointed. “It's definitely there, it's a kind of a droning sound, like from a freeway where the traffic sounds mix together in one continuous undertone.” Daesung was convinced. He tried to figure out which way it came from, taking a few steps in one direction until the sound diminished, then changing directions and repeating the action. He was extremely concentrated and was leaning forward to hear better, making his stick out. “You look really silly doing that.” TOP snorted.

TOP was losing patience when they saw a clearing ahead. It wasn't a freeway, it was a river. It was the sound of the water rushing by that Daesung had heard. Daesung was disheartened, his face showing his disappointment. He had been so ready to end this adventure and get back home, eat a whole refrigerator of food, take a long hot shower and crawl into his bed. TOP squeezed his shoulder, “At least we found water.” TOP tried to cheer Daesung up. Luckily TOP had had two water bottles in his backpack that they had been sharing sparingly, but the water was almost all gone. TOP fetched the bottles and handed one to Daesung, “Let's fill'em up!”.

 

*dunk* *dunk* *DUNK* The earth shook. Both TOP and Daesung had their hands in the river, refilling the water bottles after having drunken their fill. Where was it coming from? Daesung looked at TOP for what to do, panic in his eyes.

It all happened so fast TOP wasn't sure how he had done it, he had seen the terrified look in Daesung's eyes and an urge to protect him took over. He saw the rustle of tree tops on the other side of the river. Whatever was coming, it was big and it was headed straight for them. Without thinking, he grabbed Daesung and pushed him against the nearest tree trunk, covering him with his body. “Be very quiet.” TOP whispered and closed his eyes, hoping this would work.

The creature was huge and traveling at an amazing speed. It ran right passed them without even noticing them, if TOP hadn't acted so fast they would have been crushed under its feet. He was still pressed up against Daesung, he could feel Daesung's heart racing. Or was it his own heart? He wasn't sure. Daesung still had his eyes shut tight. TOP used the chance to really look at him, that was one beautiful boy that he saw before him, he thought. He brushed a leaf out of his hair, Daesung trembled slightly. His attraction towards Daesung was overpowering him, he couldn't think anymore. It was as if somebody else was controlling his body.