Hunger

Bigosaurus Bang [HIATUS]

Taeyang woke up shivering. It was probably early morning, he was freezing. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked over at the boys, Daesung rested his head on TOP's chest and TOP had his arm around him. Both were fast asleep. G-Dragon was using Seungri as a teddy bear, holding him hostage in his sleep. Taeyang sometimes got a little bit jealous that G-Dragon had chosen Seungri as his teddy bear and not him, but he didn't like the feeling so he usually pushed it away, not letting it consume him. His stomach grumbled, it felt like he had a black hole where his stomach used to be. He didn't want to wake up the boys, they should get as much sleep as they could since they would most definitely need all their brain power to figure out this weird situation in which they had found themselves. Taeyang's stomach complained again, he had to find something to eat. If he would make sure not to wander too far away, it should be okay for him to go look for food, right? He stood up, careful not to make too much noise. His teeth clattered a little from the cold, walking a bit would warm him up.

Taeyang tried to walk systematically around so that he wouldn't lose his way, the forest was dense and all the trees looked the same. It was full of life, the forest inhabitants were apparently early risers like Taeyang. An oversized butterfly flew past him, or at least he thought it was a butterfly. It was beautiful, dark blue with red and yellow spots, it's wings shimmering in the few rays of sun that had escaped the millions of leaves that covered the sky. Taeyang was so hungry that he actually considered catching the butterfly and eating it, but decided he wasn't that desperate just yet. He stumbled upon a small clearing in the forest, it was quieter there, giving it an eerie feeling. Taeyang got this nagging feeling that something was off, he couldn't put his finger on it but he was becoming more anxious. He looked carefully around but saw nothing out of the ordinary. Ordinary? There was nothing ordinary about his situation, he thought. He didn't want to think about it right now though, he needed to focus. All he could hear was his own breathing that had become more rapid and sporadic. He told himself to calm down, he was getting all worked up over nothing. There was nothing to see anywhere, why was he panicking? He had gone quite a way away from their sleeping spot, so he could no longer hear the boys' snores. He was completely alone in an unfamiliar strange forest, surrounded by uncanny trees that seemed to go on forever. Who knew what was hiding in those trees. Taeyang started regretting having gone off on his own without even letting the boys know where he was going. He decided to go back, his stomach would have to wait.

Taeyang turned around and at the same time he heard the rustling of leaves. Had it been him? He looked down and saw no leaves, he was standing on a mossy patch of ground, there was no way his feet could have made that sound. He looked furtively around. He saw nothing. His heart started pounding. Should he just start running and hope for the best? Maybe he was being paranoid, he tried to calm himself down. There was that rustling sound again, only louder. He froze. He wasn't alone. He had the feeling he was being hunted, something had been following his every move and now it was drawing closer. Stay still or run, stay still or run?! Taeyang couldn't think, his brain was on lockdown and his muscles refused to work. He heard a low growl from the bushes right in front of him. Run it is!! But before he could move a muscle something jumped out of the bushes and crashed onto him, knocking him to the ground. Taeyang closed his eyes. This was it. This was how he was going to die. Alone in the woods, torn to pieces by a wild animal. He expected his whole life to flash before his eyes, but the only thing he could see was G-Dragon. He regretted not getting the chance to tell him how much he loved him. Loved him? Wait, what.. he was... he was in love with G-Dragon? That was news to him. He knew he had a lot of respect for him, that he loved spending time with him and he was his best friend in the whole wide world. But love? Now that he was going to die he felt it more clearly, it wasn't just a friendly affection he had for him. He yearned for him, he probably always had. He wanted to run to him and confess everything. He knew G-Dragon probably didn't feel the same way, but he didn't want to die without him knowing how much he meant to him. A tear escaped down his cheek.