Close Encounters

Bigosaurus Bang [HIATUS]

 

TOP exchanged what felt like a whole conversation through one look with G-Dragon: “I trust in you, we have to move fast so I'm leaving the boys in your care”, “Don't worry, I'll take care of them. Just start running.”. They had always been able to communicate in this way, like they had some kind of invisible bond between them. TOP looked at the boys and seeing how scared they were triggered a longing to protect them. Seungri was wrestling with his seatbelt, Daesung had already unfastened his and was now trying to help Seungri but it wouldn't budge. Panic was setting in and the more Seungri moved around the tighter the belt got. TOP sprang up and in the same instant reached for the pocketknife he had taken with him to peel the apple he had tossed in his backpack on the way out this morning. With one swift move he cut the seatbelt off of Seungri and yelled “RUN!!”. Daesung realized that TOP was still clutching his hand when TOP pulled it so forcefully that it almost fell off. He reached out to grab Seungri but only managed to grab the sleeve of his jacket as he was pulled out of the car. Seungri, nearly stripped out of his jacket, followed suit.

The boys ran for their lives. Seungri glanced back and froze in his tracks, making Daesung yank his jacket completely off. TOP didn't notice anything and kept on running at full speed, dragging Daesung reluctantly behind him. Daesung was staring at Seungri's jacket in his hand, not quite grasping the situation, it was all happening too fast.

 

TOP and Daesung had run far into the forest when TOP lost his footing and after making some very original dance moves while trying to keep his balance, he fell flat on his back catapulting Daesung high into the air. Luckily TOP broke his fall, he had fallen right into his arms. TOP coughed, half-struggling to catch his breath after Daesung's impact. For a moment they just lay there, on the forest floor, embracing each other. Daesung's heart was about to explode, why was it beating so fast? Yes, they had run like there was no tomorrow, but Daesung was used to extreme physical workouts and often had to dance until he couldn't feel his feet anymore. It got his heart racing, but not like this. Maybe it was because he was so scared, although right at this moment he didn't feel scared at all. Feeling the warmth of TOP's embrace made everything else melt away. He felt like they were alone in the universe, just the two of them. He looked into TOP's eyes and got completely lost in them, they were the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen. He remembered thinking that when he first met him. Nobody could argue that TOP wasn't handsome, but his eyes were what really set him apart. They were at the same time the kindest and fiercest eyes you would ever see, but there was something hidden behind them, something mysterious and alluring that drew you in and made you want to see more, know more. Daesung, mesmerized by TOP's enchanting eyes, felt himself slowly being drawn closer and closer to TOP's face. Who was doing this? He had no control over what was happening. This was probably what moths felt when they were drawn to a flame, they knew they were going to get burned but were helpless in front of the seductive powers of the flame. One inch closer. He was close enough to smell TOP's skin, it smelled of soap mixed with sweat. Daesung was getting dizzy. A little closer still, never breaking eye-contact. Daesung stopped thinking and surrendered to his moth-like-tendencies, the flame called to him and he didn't care anymore if he got burned. He held his breath. He could feel TOP's breath on his lips, it was warm and had a sweet smell. He closed his eyes... “Daesungaaaaaah!” Taeyang came running at the speed of light and wrestled him off of TOP and to the ground, hugging him so tightly that he saw stars. Just letting him go long enough to shout “G-Dragon! G-Dragon!! It worked! I found them!!”. G-Dragon had the biggest smile on his face as he came running towards them and joined Taeyang in squeezing the life out of Daesung. He glanced at TOP who still lay frozen on the ground, staring straight up at the tree tops completely motionless, and looked back at Daesung “What's up with him?”, Daesung blushed and shrugged. G-Dragon looked around, “Wait, where is Seungri-bear?”.