My Mission Starts Now

Please Let It Be With Me

 

“Okay boys, now you’re going to have a large wave of radio shows coming up. Since there are so many, We’re splitting you up so we can get to all of them before a new cycle of concert promotions begin. Neh?” 

 

Please please please. Onew thought. 

 

“Onew-ssi!” The manager said loudly, snapping him out of his pleading. 

“N...neh?” Onew said shyly, feeling embarrassed on a count that Jonghyun was laughing at him. 

“For the first wave of shows, due to Jonghyun, Taemin, and Minho’s other schedules, you’ll be going with Kibum.” The manager said. 

 

Damn it! God why? Onew sighed in defeat. 

 

The thing is about Onew, is that for fanservice and pleasing the fans, he is always put with Key. Not that he doesn’t like it, it was just that sometimes Key’s loud voice and blunt ways startled him, leaving him confused whether or not Key liked being on the radio show, or liked him for that matter. With Key, you can’t tell, and when Onew displayed accidental sangtae, Key wouldn’t even laugh. Key would just stare. In reality, Onew knew Key cared for him, but there was the frustration. He seemed to be closer to every other member except Minho. Onew for sure knew about all the SHINee couples that fans squeezed them into. Usually Onew himself was paired with Key or Taemin. 

 

Onew goes on the internet, and knows about all the SHINee ships. Of course, who couldn’t know? 

 

This whole fanservice thing and all the promotions they do in pairs and groups of three naturally made them closer to each other, however, he was never paired with Minho. It seemed that in the SHINee ship world that Minho could be paired with anyone, older, younger, male, female, and people ate it up. However, this excluded Onew for some reason and in result, Onew never did fanservice or radio shows, or anything with Minho. 

 

With the exception of hosting and sitting next to him at dinner last tuesday, there was virtually no connection there and in result, Onew felt he had one loose connection with the SHINee members, which shouldn’t happen because he was the leader, there for all of them. 

 

As Onew began to think about this more and more, he also started noticing much, much more how actually beautiful Minho was. His face, body, eyes, and personality. 

 

Onew had programmed his ears to fully take in Minho’s loud laugh and his deep voice. Onew also noticed how filial and kind he was. While most portray him as a jock and maybe even a bad boy, Choi Minho was far from it. Minho nagged Key to be more polite, made Taemin’s bed in the morning if he forgot, and made sure to set the table before every meal, even though most of the time “family” dinners didn’t happen. 

 

Onew could lie to himself and tell himself that he didn’t like Minho in a way a bit different than friendship, but he needed a way to get his feelingw out, and furthermore, he needed to get to know Minho. 

 

Onew was on a mission. Eventually, Onew wanted to tell Taemin about it, seeing as he’s the one who could probably keep a secret the best, on a count he would most likely forget, but he needed to tell someone. 

 


“Uh...Manager hyung?” Onew piped up, excited after his revelation. 

“Neh Onew?” 

“I’m wondering if I could uh, model sometime again. Are there any opportunities for me?” Everyone looked at him with wide eyes. 

“Onew hyung, I don’t wanna crush your spirits, but you sort of knocked over the set last photo shoot and announced that you would never want to do one again.” Taemin laughed.  

 

The manager looked dumfounded, but Jonghyun saw something. He knew Onew hated modeling, uncomfortable clothes, makeup that didn’t suit him, awkward posing, and he knew that he announced the end of his modeling career, and even though he would be doing it again due to SHINee’s contracts with certain brands, no one ever thought he would personally ask to do one...and Jonghyun realized that the only person who had modeling in their schedule currently was Minho. 

 

What are you doing Lee Jinki? Is someone jumping on the Choi train? Jonghyun thought and chuckled at his mental joke. 

 

The manager explained that Minho was modeling this week and it would be okay just this once to join him. Onew wanted to flip the table and throw Taemin across the room in excitement. 

 

Finally I will get to know Minho. 

 

“Hyung...” Minho said. 

 

The meeting was over and Taemin went to the dance studio in the building so he could meet BoA to practice their duet. An annoyed Key was being followed by an eager Jonghyun who originally only had a recording so he was replacing Onew on the radio show. Onew bid them goodbye and turned back to Minho who was standing over him. 

 

“I’m glad your coming with me. Solo photo shoots can be kind of lonely.” Minho stated smiling. 

 

Oh gods he’s so adorable. 

 

“Neh! I’m glad I’m coming with you, Minho ah.” Onew smiled back. 

 

Minho patted his shoulder as he left the room. 

 

My mission starts now. Operation make Onho a reality is commencing. 

 

A/N: Hi my lovelies! Thanks so much for waiting! I'm over the moon excited for all the subbies and this story! I hope you enjoy the first chapter, it's just setting the mood. :D <3 you guys