Please Let It Be With Me

Please Let It Be With Me

"So you two fell in love...but you were still in SHINee?" The tall, lanky, dark haired, big eyed fifteen year old boy asked. 

"Yeah." Onew smiled. 

"Omoooo!! That's so cute!! How did it happen?" The adorable, smiley-eyed seven year old girl asked. Onew picked her up and hugged her and then went to the boy and kissed him on the head. He then sat back down on the chair across from where the other two were sitting. 

"You want me to tell you?" Onew asked. 

"Yes please!!" The little girl begged. 

"I guess." The boy said.

"Tch. Just like the frog prince. Trying to be silent and cool." Onew mumbled, purposely loud enough for the boy to hear it. He got an eye roll in response. 

"So where do I begin? I always cared for everyone in SHINee. They were my family, my brothers, my best friends. But something began to change. I don't know, I started to notice him more and more. He was coming out of his shell. He was being himself. He was working so hard. I felt awful that I didn't really have a connection to him previously. No one thought that we were close. That's because we weren't. I knew almost nothing about him, to tell you the truth. The first time I realized I liked him was when I felt the strong urge to offer myself to modeling for a brand just because I wanted to be with him. Even though I hated modeling, I ended up surviving and then we went out for bubble tea after and I knew he was the one. With the help of you know who, I finally learned about him, and that allowed me to get closer." Onew smiled, thinking of all the times he had with Minho. How sweet every moment was. How warm and fuzzy Minho made him feel.

"So, you two weren't close in the beginning? And of all people Uncle Jjong and Uncle Taemin helped you?" The boy asked, snickering. 

"Yeah. Can you believe it?" Onew laughed. 

"Wait. Why didn't Key Umma help you?" The little girl asked. 

"Well, Key is best friends with your appa. And Key also had troubles of his own." Onew explained. 

"Key Umma liked Uncle Taemin, right? But...but...but...Uncle Mir is better so he stole Key Umma's heart and he made everything better!" The little girl blurted out to Onew's surprise. 

"How did you know that?" Onew asked, extremely puzzled as to how his seven year old cutie knew about that.

"Uncle Mir told me!" The little girl sang. Onew still couldn't believe how similar he and the little girl were. She was beautiful, and there was something about her smile that was just like Onew's. 

"When you had us stay with them Uncle Mir said this. That was actually a word for word quote, appa." The boy said. 

"Aish. Remind me to not let them two watch you guys again." Onew said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Uncle Mir has a big ego. Uncle Taemin is an amazing person, he just fell in love with someone else." Onew said, trying to explain to his daughter that Mir wasn't actually better. 

"How did you tell appa you liked him?" The little girl asked. 

"He told me first." Onew chuckled. 

"He did?! But appa is shy!" The little girl laughed. 

"He is shy, but he confessed first and then I confessed right after." Onew said, smiling at the memory. 

"Were you in the SM Building? Were you on the beach? Were you filming a music video? Were you on a plane?" The little girl frantically asked, until her older brother put a hand over . 

"We were locked in a closet. By Taemin and Jonghyun and Key." Onew said, not expecting the two children to be on the floor, rolling around and laughing. 

Just then the door opened, revealing a very exhausted looking Minho, his dark clothes covered in flower.

"APPAAA!" The little girl yelled as she flung herself into Minho's arms.

"What's all the laughing about? I didn't' know your appa was funny." Minho joked, receiving a stuck out tongue from Onew. 

Minho hugged and cuddled the hyperactive nine year old and kissed her cheeks. He then went over to Onew giving him a kiss on the cheek and a hug around the neck. Then, Minho went to the boy. The boy that looked so much like him. The boy was shorter, but they had almost the same everything. Minho sternly looked at the boy, who just narrowed his big eyes back at his father. Then the boy stuck out his hand and Minho, dramatically took the hand and thus began the world's most complex handshake in the world. Onew had no idea how the hell they came up with this handshake or why they felt to do it in the first place, but it was a very important ritual. After the three minute handshake was completed, Minho sat on the couch with a sigh. 

"Excellent handshaking. Tokki! Our son's gonna be famous one day!" Minho laughed, looking at Onew excitedly. Onew smiled. Minho still was as fit and young looking as he was back in the day. He really hadn't aged much. Neither had Onew.  

"He's very talented. You looked like you used a sack of flower as a punching bag." Onew chuckled, getting up to get a wet wash cloth. 

The kids chuckled at how dorky their two parents were. 

"I feel like I was the punching bag. I don't know why I volunteered to do that." Minho sighing again. 

"You knew what you were getting into though." Onew teased. 

"I know! But how was I supposed to know that Key's cupcake recipe was extremely advanced and that Jonghyun was going to nap the whole time instead of help me out? I think I almost started crying!" Minho admitted, causing another round of laughter from the children. 

"You were about to cry over cupcakes for the student council bake sale?" The teenage boy laughed. 

"Partly. The recipe was impossible to follow and the flower and sugar exploded and I thought Key was going to murder me! Instead of killing me quickly and painlessly, he decided to slowly deteriorate my existance by making me decorate two hundred cupcakes!" Minho exclaimed, massaging his aching hands. 

"You should have listened to exactly what Key Umma said!" The little girl laughed, crawling onto her brother's lap.

While Minho was cleaning himself up, their kids decided they wanted to play cards. Just then, the door bell rang. Onew got up to answer the door. In came probably the cutest little five year old boy you could ever had laid your eyes on. A perfect combination of Jonghyun and Taemin. The boy had a perfect little mushroom cut, Taemin's lips, and Jonghyun's big almond eyes. His cuteness was irresistable. 

"Ah! The little cutie is here!" Onew exclaimed. "He's very cute! So Minho, don't eat him!" Onew joked, initiating a game of chase, as the little boy's eyes widened and Minho began to chase him around the house. 

Just then, Onew could hear loud, but playful arguing coming through the door. "Aish! How the hell could our son get Minho's ability to run at the speed of light?!" Onew could hear Jonghyun complain and Taemin laugh. "You can hear Minho chasing him around. He's safe in the house!" Onew could hear Taemin say back. 

Always the idiot couple, losing things. 

"Wait! Appa! Are Uncle Jjong and Uncle Taemin here?" The boy asked his father. 

"Yep! You going to have dance practice with Taemin?" Onew asked, happy that his son liked performing as well. He was very talented and had a lot of fun dancing with Taemin. 

The couple stepped into the house and the little nine year old girl ran into Jonghyun's open arms. "Hey cutie! Is our little one here?" Jonghyun asked, snuggling the adorable girl. 

"Yeah! Appa is running around with him!" The little girl said. The little girl went to Taemin and hugged him as well. Then Jonghyun stole her back and sat on the couch with her. 

"Yo!" Taemin said as he high fived and bro hugged Onew and Minho's teenage son. 

"Did you make a new playlist, Uncle Taemin?" The boy asked, eyes shining. 

"Of course! I got some challenging ones, shall we?" Taemin asked. They headed towards the basement which was actually a practice room. 

Just then the doorbell rang again, and in bursted the loudest, most boistrous couple in existence. 

"Key Umma! Uncle Mir!" The little girl exclaimed and got out of the jealous Jonghyun's lap to run to the other couple. 

"Aish! Onew! She gets cuter and cuter everytime!" Key gushed, smoothing her hair and kissing her forehead. Onew beamed at his daughter. 

"Where's..." Onew began. 

"Our not so little girl is driving herself here." Mir said, looking very worried. 

Mir and Key actually were the first to have a child. Their daughter was now a very pretty sixteen year old. She, looked more like Key, but there was no denying that they were her parents. 

At that moment, Minho had come sprinting into the living room where everyone was, followed by Jonghyun and Taemin's son. Key scooped up the heart-meltingly cute little boy and snuggled him close. Minho collapsed onto the couch next to Jonghyun. 

"Hey man." Jonghyun said. 

"You sure he's not mine too? He runs so damn fast." Minho said laughing. 

"Yah! You saying that I'm not athletic?" Jonghyun asked half offended. 

"Well Taemin dances and your limbs are so short, you two aren't exactly football players." Minho teased, earning a light punch in the arm. 

"Yah! Choi Minho! Kim Jonghyun!" Key nagged, when he spotted his best friend and Jonghyun. "Thanks for nothing earlier today!" Key said in a huff. 

"Key, your recipe was impossible!" Minho defended. 

"Well at least you tried to help. Unlike someone I know." Key said, glaring at Jonghyun through narrow eyes. 

"I was tired! Watching you guys bake is exhausting!" Jonghyun laughed at his lame joke. 

"Anyway...are Joon and Jessica coming?" Key asked, to no one in particular. 

"Not sure. Jessica is due in a two weeks and she's been feeling very tired lately. Joon said he might stop by later though." Mir said. 

After a while, Key and Mir's daughter showed up and all of the kids went to eat in the kitchen. Joon in the end did show up, explaining that Jessica was sleeping, but she said hi.

The parents decided to play a game of three on three soccer in the yard, just for fun. (Although really it was intense competiton for Minho) Key was going to ref, as he did not participate in sports. 

Captains were selected. Jonghyun and Taemin voted themselves as captains. Taemin picked Minho, to Jonghyun's dismay. Jonghyun picked Joon. Mir and Onew were left. Although clumsy, Onew could hold his own on the field, so Taemin picked Onew. Minho smiled at Onew. Mir ran to Jonghyun and Joon and both teams began to make a game plan. 

It was a long, fun filled day. After everyone went home, Onew and Minho came back inside the house. Their children were no where to be found. Just then, they could hear their daughter. 

"Appa! Can you help me get something from the closet?" She yelled. 

Minho, the taller of the two, went to the closet when suddenly, Minho was pushed into the closet by his son. 

"Yah!" Minho yelled. 

"Guys, what are you...Ah!" Onew yelled as he was being pushed into the closet too. The two children laughed extremely hard, as they barracaded the closet doors with a heavy chair. 

The two weren't actually mad. They thought this was hilarious and couldn't believe that they fell for it a second time. Their children were as mischevious as Key, Taemin, and Jonghyun. 

Minho decided to play along. "You know...Onew hyung...there's someone...I'm...um...in love with." Minho began, smiling at Onew. They could hear their kids giggling.  

Please let it be with me. Please let it be with me.

 

A/N: I want to thank you all for making this my most successful completed story yet! I've only had one complete before this, but it doens't matter. I got responses I never thought I would get, and you all gave me so much confidence. I hope that you have been converted to Onho shipping, and I hope you enjoyed the story because I loved writing it. Im so sad it's over, but I'm thinking about doing a short fic for how Jongtae happened and Keymir happened in context of this story. I LOVE YOU GUYS and now i will be updating my many other stories so yay!! I don't want it to end;; 

You all mean a lot to me <333 THANK YOU