Guts

Please Let It Be With Me

“Don’t come out until you two get some guts!” Key yelled 

 

Minho and Onew blushed and sighed, not knowing what to do in this situation. 

 

“Hyung...” Minho began. 

“Y...yes?” Onew asked nervously. 

“You...um...kissed me the other night, you know...” 

"I what?" Onew asked in disbelief. 

"You...kissed Key the other night...yeah. You kissed Key! Why'd you do that?!" Minho said frantically, trying to save himself. 

"Minho. I didn't kiss Key." Onew said looking straight at Minho. It's now or never. "I kissed you." Onew added. 

"You were tired! And sick! You probably imagined I was someone else." Minho said. 

"Nope." Onew said contradicting Minho. 

"You were drunk then!" Minho said.

"I wasn't" Onew said, trying not to chuckle at Minho be so frazzled.

"Hyung! You aren't under the influence are you?" Minho asked, knowing of course Onew wasn't, but he didn't know what else to do. 

"Minho! You really think I would do drugs?" Onew laughed out loud. Minho blushed. 

"Why did you kiss me?" Minho asked quietly. 

"Because I..." Onew began only to be interrupted. 

"You probably regret it." Minho said, tears almost escaping his large eyes. 

"Minho! I don't regret it! I thought you were asleep and I was being a coward, but I don't regret it!" Onew exclaimed trying to get the message through Minho's thick head. 

"You thought I was asleep...and you kissed me because you wanted to?" Minho asked, hoping Onew would say yes. 

"Did you ever wonder why I was trying to get to know you better?" Onew asked. 

"I thought you were just being a good leader at first." Minho answered. 

"More than that. I wanted to become friends with you. I wanted to be close to you. I wanted for you to see how much I care about you." Onew said, knowing that he couldn't take back anything that he was saying, so he might as well say it all right there. 

"Why the hell is this taking so long?" The two could hear Jonghyun's whines from outside the closet. 

"Shut up and let one of them propose!" Taemin said, thinking he was whispering even though he totally wasn't. 

"What are you two doing? Let them be alone!" Key hissed at the other two. 

"Our band mates are idiots." Onew sighed, smiling. 

"Onew hyung...I've had something to tell you." Minho said. 

Onew held his breath. He hoped it was the words he had been waiting to hear. He didn't care if he wasn't the one to confess. 

"Minho, it's okay. Please tell me." Onew said sweetly, taking Minho's hand in his. 

While Minho stood there, trying to find words, Onew's world sort of slowed down. He thought of the wiry, gangly, quiet boy who seemed so mature and grounded, but here, he was standing in front of a more outgoing, loud, witty, beautifully proportioned guy, who in front of the least intimidating member of SHINee, was at a loss for words. 

"Onew hyung...I like you a lot. Thank you for being a good leader." Minho said, looking down, his hair covering his eyes. Minho for some reason had trouble saying those three words, no matter how much he wanted to. He hoped Onew got what he meant. 

"You like me a lot?" Onew asked, trying to suppress his smile. 

"Yeah." Minho said, confused. 

"Well that's funny." Onew said, chuckling lightly. 

"What's funny?" Minho asked, blushing. 

"It's funny because I love you. Thank you for being by my side." Onew said, brushing the hair out of Minho's eyes.

"Hyung..." Minho said, not believing his ears. He was still looking down, worried that to Onew, it was all a joke. Minho sort of had a feeling that they liked each other...but more than friendship? More than a crush? Onew loved him? 

"Will you look at me Minho?" Onew asked, squeezing Minho's hand. 

Minho looked up carefully. There was no humor in his eyes. Just love. Minho's eyes make Onew's heart skip beats. 

"Now...don't fall asleep." Onew said, filling the silence that Minho was leaving. 

"...why would I fall asleep?" Minho asked, blushing, his heart racing a mile a minute. 

"Because I'm going to kiss you now, and I want you to be fully aware of it. This is our real first kiss" Onew said boldly.

"Onew hyung...I love you too." Minho said, almost crying from happiness. 

Onew then embraced Minho before planting a sweet kiss on his beautiful lips. They broke the kiss and Minho began to speak. 

"Hyung...how did you know so much about me? I didn't think you cared much for me before." Minho said. 

"I love all five of you, but when I realized my feelings for you, I knew I had to become closer and learn more about you. I had a little help though...from probably the dumbest couple in the history of couples." Onew said, laughing. 

"Jongtae?" Minho asked, smiling. 

"Yah! We heard that!" Jonghyun yelled from outside the closet. 

"You two are pretty much idiots." Key said.

"Yeah. But I expect Key in his infinite wisdom gave you advice." Onew said sarcastically. 

"I'll roundhouse kick you, you piece of tofu!" Key yelled. 

"He helped a little. I was damn nervous." Minho said, now full out laughing. 

"We're never letting you out if you keep on insulting us!" Taemin sang. 

"I love you hyung." Minho said, smiling at his love. 

"I love you, frog prince." Onew said, smiling back. 

 

A/N: confession<333333 it's not over yet^^ but it finally happened! IM SO SORRY IM THE WORST I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER but the reason?: school school school. thanks for sticking with it and i hope you enjoy this short chapter