Sick Day

Please Let It Be With Me

“Damn it, Jonghyun!” Onew groaned. 

“I’m gonna kill you!” Key yelled at Jonghyun. 

 

Jonghyun had gotten sick earlier in the week and had most conveniently passed it onto Onew and Key. Every time something like this happened, they isolated whoever was sick in one room and did their best to stay away from that one sick person. Unfortunately, basically everyone was screwed when Jonghyun got sick because no matter how much he was isolated, how the other members avoided him like he was the plague himself, the skinship king never ceased to get another, or more, sick. 

 

Jonghyun was still not feeling too hot and had gotten both Onew and Key sick as well. Luckily, this week left SHINee with a very light work load due to other promotions SM had to attend to. 

 

Jonghyun, Onew, and Key were all isolated in Onew’s room. Onew had the largest bed and enough room for a blow-up mattress. He also had the coolest room for some reason, so it made a good environment to get better in. However, three SHINee members, two of them being the loudest, all isolated in one room might have not been the best idea, however the manager said that they can’t risk all of them getting sick. 

 

Poor Minho and Taemin had to take care of the three needy and oldest members of the group. Not that Minho had any problem with taking care of Onew, but taking care of the other two was a whole different story. Taemin had no problem with taking care of any of them and he especially loved babying Jonghyun. 

 

Minho was in the kitchen making soup for them, when Taemin, who was sitting at the table waiting for Minho to be done with making the soup began to sneeze and feel kind of dizzy. 

 

“Not you too.” Minho groaned as he put the ladle down to feel Taemin’s forehead. 

“Never took you for the umma-type.” Taemin laughed as he looked at Minho’s worried expression, one that usually came from a normal mother or Key. 

“Well I’m the only healthy member as of now! I have to take care of you and your inferior immune systems!” Minho explained. “How the hell are you sick too? You barely have gone near Onew or Key!”
“Idiot! Jonghyun is my boyfriend!” Taemin said, flicking Minho’s forehead. 

“Oh. Right. Go lay down. I’ll bring you soup and medicine.” Minho urged. 

 

Taemin walked to Onew’s crowded room and opened the door. Jonghyun and Key were laying in Onew’s bed while Onew, the nice hyung that he was, had taken the blow-up mattress on the floor. 

 

“Taeminnie~” Jonghyun weakly sang. “Come give me a kiss!” He demanded. 


Taemin chuckled and rolled his eyes playfully. 

 

“Yah! You wanna get him sick too?” Key repremanded. 

“It’s okay. I have a fever and I’m dizzy. Let’s be sick together!” Taemin said, happy that he could snuggle up with his boyfriend. 

 

“Yah Key! Move down to the floor with Onew hyung!” Jonghyun said, pointing to the floor. 

“Why should I?” Key snapped.
“Because. I said so. I’m your hyung. Now go snuggle Onew!” Jonghyun said back. 

 

Key huffed and rolled out of the big comfy bed to the mattress on the floor where Onew was. Key got under the covers and laid his head on Onew’s shoulder while glaring at Taemin and Jonghyun who looked so comfortable in Onew’s large bed. 

 

“Who’s hungry?” A deep muffled voice from outside the door asked. 

“Ah my servant! You may come in!” Key commanded, like the almighty being that he was. 

 

There was silence. 

 

“Choi Minho! Stop rolling your eyes and come give us food!” Key yelled, knowing exactly how annoyed Minho was, and loving every bit of it. 

 

A surgical mask and rubber glove clad Minho walked in with a tray of small bowls of soup and medicines on small napkins next to each bowl. Each bowl had a sticky note with the members’ initials so he could remember who needed what and how much medicine. The four boys smiled at their loyal friend. 

 

“Where’s your apron, Mrs. Choi?” Jonghyun joked. Minho shot Jonghyun a death glare in return. 

“Guys, Minho ah is taking the best care of us. Be more appreciative!” Onew chided, then smiled at Minho. 

 

The four sat up, propped up with pillows, so they could eat and medicate.

 

“Enjoy. Call me if you need me.” Minho said as he walked out of the room.

 

“He’s the best.” Taemin said, happily eating his soup, feeling a little bit better already. 

“He’s okay.” Key said nonchalantly. 

 

Minho’s afternoon was spent taking orders from Jonghyun, Key, and Taemin. Onew didn’t ask for much, as he didn’t want to trouble the poor boy even more. The other three however, were loving it. 

 

“Minho! Another blanket, my good frog.” Key stated. 

“Minho! It’s been four hours, I need more of that whatever you gave me!” Jonghyun demanded. 

“Minho hyung...will you rub my feet?” Taemin asked. 

“Minho, I need more water.” Key said. 

“Minho! My tea got cold!” Jonghyun said impatiently. 

“Where are my fuzzy socks?” Taemin asked. 

 

Minho!

Minho!

Minho! 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After hours of demands and tasks and making food and preparing medicines, the boys were asleep and Minho collapsed on his bed. He soon fell asleep, too exhausted to think about anything. 

 

Onew, feeling restless and extremely guilty that Minho had to take care of all four of them, got up and went to Minho’s room. He was feeling a lot better due to Minho’s tender love and care. 

 

Onew walked into the room and saw Minho, laying on top of the sheets, still dressed in his day clothes. Onew chuckled at how Minho’s legs barely fit on the bed and how cute Minho looked while he slept. Onew took off Minho’s socks and placed a warm blanket over him, ever so carefully. 

 

Onew stooped down next to the bed where Minho’s head was resting on his pillow. Onew gently swept hair from Minho’s eyes and lovingly looked at his face. Not wanting to be creepy, Onew decided it would be best to leave the deep-sleeper alone. Onew kissed the top of Minho’s head and found that simple gesture to spike his heart rate. Onew then found himself doing something he never thought he would ever have the guts to do. Onew leaned down and gently, very gently let his lips touch Minho’s perfect red ones. As soon as he made contact, Onew sort of freaked out, worried that Minho would wake up. Onew stumbled backwards over whatever was on the floor of the dark room after tearing himself away from Minho. Onew ended up falling to the floor, causing quite the racket. 

 

“Mmm. Hyung?!” Minho asked confusedly after jolting awake from the sound of Onew falling to the ground. 

“H...how did you k...know it was me?” Onew asked, nervously. 

“I can just tell. What are you doing here? Are you feeling any better?” Minho asked, still a bit sleepy. 

“I came to check on you.” Onew stated, his heart beating extremely fast. 

“Oh. Okay.” Minho said. “Go back to sleep, hyung. Feel better!” Minho said as he laid down to go back to sleep. 

 

Onew sighed and walked back to his room. 

 

Stupid! What if he woke up?! What if he would have hated it? Stupid!

 

Back in Minho’s room, Minho was very much awake now and very much in shock. His mind was a blank except for one thought that kept replaying over and over in his brain.  Perhaps Minho wasn’t sleeping as deeply as Onew thought. 

 

He kissed me. He kissed me. He kissed me. Onew hyung kissed me. 

 

A/N: Sorry for the wait! VERY VERY SORRY! So how are you liking it eh? ONHO ANYONE :DD Thanks for reading and sorry if this chappie is a little shorter than the others. it's important though. Hope to update soon~