Duets

Please Let It Be With Me

Jonghyun! Taemin come in!” the manager called from inside the large office. 

 

Jonghyun and Taemin looked at each other, and Taemin walked forward, showing off his gentlemanly charms to Jonghyun by allowing him to step into the office first. Jonghyun, feeling cheeky, then went on to kiss Taemin’s cheek, making the younger boy blush at his boyfriend’s boldness. The manager just made an irritated face. 

 

“Jonghyun goon, do you have to be so touchy-feely with everyone? I don’t want you corrupting innocent Taemin.” The manager warned. 

 

Jonghyun smiled happily and looked over to Taemin. 

 

“I think Taemin is not as innocent as you think, manager hyung.” Jonghyun laughed. Taemin was about the color of a ripened tomato at this point. The manager ignored the obvious eye flirtation that Jonghyun was giving Taemin as he gestured the two to sit down in the comfortable chairs in front of the large desk. 

 

“So you two are doing a duet. Everything ok socially between you two?” The manager asked, obviously not knowing the two were in a relationship. He wanted to make sure there wouldn’t be fighting or tension during duet practice. 

“We’re great.” Taemin said shyly, slightly smiling. 

“Good.” The manager said. “So I have a song and a concept. It’s pretty wild and new, but it is approved, and Jonghyun, you’ll be shirtless.” The manager said wincing at Jong

 

Jonghyun eyed Taemin, winking seductively. Taemin thanked God at that moment for blessing him with this opportunity to perform with a shirtless Jonghyun. 

 

“You’ll be performing the song Internet War.” The manager continued. The manager explained the concept, which was highly risque. He then went on talking about Jonghyun’s fake tattoos, Taemin’s role in the performance, the handcuffs, and so on. 

 

Taemin and Jonghyun were shocked that this was the concept, but hey, neither of them were complaining. 

 

After a bit more discussion, the manager told Taemin to stay and send in Key to discuss their duet. After that discussion, Taemin came out of the office to tell Minho to go and learn about his duet with Key, but he was looking deflated and disappointed. 

 

“Baby what’s wrong?” Jonghyun asked Taemin, while Minho rolled his eyes at how mushy they were together. 

“Apparently fans love it, so yet again, I’ll be cross dressing for Key and I’s duet.” Taemin sighed. 

 

Onew and Minho chuckled and Taemin glared at them. 

 

“Tae, you’ll look cute and it’ll be fun. Duets with Key are fun.” Onew reassured. 

 

Minho patted Taemin on the back as he walked into the office. 

“Hey frog!” Key called as Minho entered the office.

“Come sit, Minho my boy.” The manager said, smiling at his favorite member. 

“Why us two?” Key asked, wanting to know why he and Minho were chosen to do a duet together. 

“You two are powerful and loud, and you’re best friends, right? I thought you’ll enjoy it.” The manager explained. 


Key looked over at his best friend who looked genuinely happy and content. Key was glad Minho was doing well. 

 

Must have something to do with Dubu. 

 

Makes total sense to me.” Minho laughed. 

“So I’m actually letting you two pick a song to do. Whatever you think would be best. Nothing romantic though, Key.” The manager said, eyeing the blonde who he knew would love to do something mushy and romantic, just to embarrass Minho. 

“People ship us pretty hard though, manager hyung.” Key said triumphantly, as Minho made a fake gagging noise. 

“It’s okay, manager hyung, I was thinking more like a rap battle.” Minho said. 

“Perfect! You two figure it out and perform it for me next week.” The manager said. 

 

After that discussion, both of the guys were sent out and Jonghyun and Onew were called in. Minho held his breath as he sat down, nervous for what kind of duet he was doing with Onew. 

 

“M-a-n-a-g-e-r hyung!” Jonghyun sang loudly as he entered the office with Onew trailing behind. 

“Jonghyun, you’re gonna kill me one day, you know that?” The manager said sternly. 

“Hello, manager hyung.” Onew bowed politely. 

“Leader Onew, you are so polite.” The manager beamed at the eldest. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and muttered, “showoff.”

“So lemme guess. We are gonna sing a beautiful ballad that will make every heart in the stadium melt with our perfect harmonies.” Jonghyun said. 

“Yes...” The manager said surprised. “How did you know?” He asked. 

“That’s usually how it goes.” Onew chimed in smiling. 

“Well you two are my singers.” The manager said, defending his decision. “Please Don’t Go. That’s what you’ll be singing. Show it to me next week.” The manager said. 

 

He sent Jonghyun out and called Minho in. Minho gulped. He walked in and saw the back of Onew’s head which made him extremely nervous. Onew turned around when he heard the footsteps and he flashed Minho his megawatt smile. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dark stage. 

Music starts. 

Shirtless tattooed Jonghyun appears. 

Taemin in a sparkly outfit appears. 

Jonghyun comes really close to Taemin. 

Taemin plays along. 

They’re really close. 

Everyone in the audience is dying. 

Jonghyun grabs Taemin’s hair and basically kisses him right there. 

Taemin is surprised, but doesn’t mind at all. 

They stare at each other the whole time. 

The handcuffs come out.

The end. 

There are no functioning ovaries left in the audience. 

 

“What the actual...” Minho began as Jonghyun and Taemin came back all sweaty and panting from their performance.

“Why was yours so risque?” Onew asked, laughing really hard. 

“Calm down you two, get a room.” Key commented, half joking, half meaning it. 

“That’s something no one will ever forget.” Minho said, still not believing what just happened. 

“Yep!” Jonghyun said proudly as he went to get cleaned from his fake (and real) sweat and painted tattoos, as well as to get new pants, boots, and a shirt on, much to Taemin’s disappointment. 

 

Next came Key and Minho’s duet. They basically blew the crowd’s faces off. It was loud and they were in each other’s faces. It was quite entertaining. 

 

After that came Jonghyun and Onew’s performance. Jonghyun ended up crying by the end and both hit notes that gave the audience shivers. 

 

Next up were Key and Taemin. Taemin was dressed in a pink sparkly skirt, a SHINee shirt, lace tights, pink leather Doc Martins, a pink vest and to top it all off, a long wavy blonde wig. Key was also wearing his fair share of pink and was equipped with his bejeweled microphone and sunglasses as well. The performance basically went like this: Key tried to kiss Taemin and he rejected Key. Key tried to ask Taemin out and Taemin rejected Key. It was an entertaining game of cat and mouse and the mouse happened to be cross dressing, being by far the prettiest human life form in the arena. 

 

Last but not least, it was Onew and Minho’s duet. None of the other members knew what they were performing and how it would go, all they knew was that they were damn cute together, and they looked happier than ever before. 

 

A/N: Sorry for the longest wait ever! It has just been the worst week and I finally was able to write. Thanks for sticking with it! I love you all <33 I know this is a short chapter and you're probably wondering WHERE IS THE ONHO DUET YO?!!?!??!? But don't worry the whole next chapter will tell you what went down and it will also go deeper into Key's romantic life^^ Hope you all enjoy and I hope to update tomorrow. I am trying out for my sports team...last tryout tomorrow wish me luck! I'm so nervous \^.^/ 

Also with internet war, never shipped jongtae as hard, but now i do^^ hehe