My Best Friend is with My Girlfriend?!?!: IV

My Best Friend is with My Girlfriend?!?!

(Dara's POV)

Phew...just got home from the mall. I was really nevrous of what happened back there. I don't know those guys then they asked me to hang-out with them. I thought that I needed to call the security when one grabbed me, but luckily Seunghyun came to the rescue, kekeke. I was a bit surprised though when he hugged me, but then he explained to me that he only did it so that the guys will leave me alone. Seunghyun is really thoughtful, he even gave me a lollipop to calm me down. Although after the incident I thought I saw Jiyong, or maybe it was just someone that looks like him.

 

Ahh! I should call Jiyong and asked if he could come over for dinner. I haven't been spending time with him and I'm already feeling guilty about it. I feel guilty that I have to keep a secret from him. I know that Jiyong is really hurting from the inside everytime I turn down his offer to have a date with him. I grabbed my phone and dialed in his number.

 

"Hello? Jiyong!" 

"....." I can hear him breathing on the other line but he was not answering. 

"Hey come over and let's have dinner together" I excitedly said. 

".....D...." His voice tells me that something is not right. He is usually happy whenever I call him. And even much happier when I invite him over.

"Ji, is there something wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"Dara...." the way he said my name send chills down my spine.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to come over?"

"...no...Dara....you know I...I love you....."

"Of course. I love you too Ji"

"......let's....let's break-up" I was taken by what he said. 

"Wh-what?!" 

"......"

"Ji, don't play this kind of joke to me" I warned him.

"I'm serious..."he said it, those words that I wanted to hear the least.

"But why, Ji? Tell me please, make me understand because I...I  really don't know" I said almost pleading.

"..I'm sorry...I'm not enough...I'm sorry I can't always be with you...I'm sorry" his voice suddenly became shaky.

"What are you saying?! I don't understand you anymore Ji! Why are you saying these things?!" Even if I sound stupid, I'll repeat those questions, because I want to know. Why is he breaking up with me?! 

"......I hope that you will be happy now...." was all he said before the line went dead. 

 

How can I be happy if the only person I love leaves me?! I tried to call him once more but he already turned off his phone. I broke down into tears, thinking of reasons why this happened. 


(Jiyong's POV)

After breaking up with her, I felt like a lifeless body. I lean on the wall as I felt my knees went numb and tears begin to fall continuously on my face. How can I be so insensitive? The past few days Dara and I spent less and less time together, maybe she really lost her love for me back then. I should have realized that she's not happy with me anymore and that she only wants to have someone new. Well, now, I'm giving her the freedom to do so.  


♫♪Let me be the one to break it up so you don't have to make excuses

We don't have to find a set-up where someone wins and someone loses

We just have to say our love was true, but has now become a lie

So I'm telling you that I love you one last time

Goodbye♪♫

 

A/N: Just added the song Let Me be the One by Jimmy Bondoc to describe how Jiyong is feeling but the whole song doesn't necessarily apply to the story :3 (The song is playing inside my mind while on my way home so I decided to just include it here :D)