Day Before Dawn 6

Ice Prince & Ice Princess Palace

Heya, it's been a while....it's not because I abandon this fanfic....this just because I got hooked up with my game, sorry!

As always, thanks for reading my fanfic! I really appreciate it!

Okay, off we go to new chapter!

--

Yuri is in the middle of yawning plus sneezing and tries to imagine that. She’s yawning because the business went to slow this time and she just took morning shift at CL shops. Since unknown reasons happen, Yuri just resigns herself from her restaurant work and decide to fully work for CL. Little amount of paycheck but Yuri seem okay with that.

She already works for five days for CL and she always got dawn to morning shifts since she must take a rest at noon so she ready for night event again.

“Ugh, so slow…brrr!! Cold…did I just caught on cold last night?” because Yuri suddenly shivering without any particular reasons.

When the door open, she want to greet her customer with smiles but looking at how furious her mother, she knows she in another trouble again.

She was about to ask what happen or something like that but…

Before anything else, Hyori just slaps Yuri face. It’s hard enough that make Yuri lips bleeding. “Are you proud now? Are you? Manage to working and get your own money? Are you happy now?! Sadly, in my eye it lame Yuri, you are so lame!”

Of course it stings in her face, it even make lips bleed but Yuri mind still far too tired to comprehend the situation now. Lack of sleep of course, party habits with Min and Minah.

Before Yuri could open , “Want to know why you’re so lame? Because you still living off with showbiz money! School intuitions, if not for your appa you will works like crazy for that! That clothes that your appa give? From where do you think the money? You’re really sickening Yuri!”

Each words that Hyori let out accompany by hard shove on her shoulder, yet Yuri still standing there and looking disbelieve or maybe she still think that this just dream.

Another slap across her face, another corner of her lips bleeding again and she know that she’s wide awake. “Showbiz full with fake thing, you say? You refuse to work at showbiz world because it’s full of fake people? And didn’t want to use our money because it’s fake money from showbiz?! You hate showbiz because of that reasons!”

“Yuri! You couldn’t even do anything without this showbiz money! That’s what I said to you, right? You trying to prove yourself that you could living without showbiz but!! Now you still living off with showbiz money, what are you actually pull now?! Nothing! You work as that magazine model? It’s still showbiz! You work as charity MV star? It’s still showbiz!!”

This make Yuri slowly bites her lips and held herself for talking back to Hyori, since she know that anything she will say will mean nothing to Hyori ears.

Hyori is throwing the magazine with Yuri pictorial to Yuri body. “I do admit that I was wrong and I’m at faults because I’m trying to take care my image more than I take care of you and I’m also a coward! Some of us have their own image that different with real-self and some of us must protect our image and yet you can calls it with fake but!!”

Hyori grabs Yuri collar, “You can’t just call everyone and labeling them with fake Yuri! Want to hear the harsh truth? You also fake, look how you kind with non-idol friends but changes after you know if they are idol?! It’s worse than backstabber!”

“You know what? You are bellow than them! At least they didn’t dump girl because they know that she is an idol who didn’t even know anything and that girl even love you with all her hearts?! You are bellow than them!!”

Hyori grip begins to choking her neck, “Hyori-ssi…” she never called Hyori with umma in public, especially Boa as appa…no matter where they are.

“Your ego? It’s a trash! People know when to protect their ego or when to sacrifice it! You? Not only you put a dirt on your ego but you pour it with sh*t! Your ego mean nothing, even dog have higher ego than you!”

Yuri trying to calming down the situation but, “Hyori-ssi, peoples are watching you right now! They will get wrong impression of you and…” another slaps at Yuri face again.

“I’d be more embarrassing with you because I couldn’t even teach my daughter properly that make her couldn’t even do anything except create trouble rather than embarrassing because I yelled at you in public!!”

Yuri didn’t say anything but her face somewhat give this to Hyori, you never teach me anything.

Hyori shove Yuri and make Yuri stagger back before quickly gain her balance. Hyori is still glaring at Yuri without caring how her voice will be heard by everyone. “That’s right, yes…that’s right” this make Yuri really scared because what will Hyori do after this solemn smiles.

“Let the world know that you are my daughter so everyone knows it! That Lee Hyori actually is Kwon Hyori now and she had daughter name with Kwon Yuri from her previous marriage that couldn’t be called as marriage!!”

This just left Yuri agape with Hyori sudden bold revelations, “Wha—“ Yuri looking around her in panic and tried to clearing the situation because some of passerby might listening their conversation, “That’s just an misunderstanding!!!”

Yuri eyes catch one expensive car, Hyori car but what inside that car make her irritated to the max. Boa sit in there using her sunglass and hat.

Hyori grab and yank Yuri toward her car, she didn’t even give any damn about the reporter. “Now, you come with me and apologize to her! Because you already hurt her so much! Someone who hurt girl true feeling of loves is the worst, beyond animal could get!”

 

At hospital VIP room, place where Jessica right now because her weak condition Jessica must rest but because she still refuse to eat…her condition will worsening. Jessica still sleeping but slowly she wakes up only to found Yuri knelling on the floors and bit far from her.

She couldn’t believe her eye because Yuri is here, but looking at Yuri bleeding lips she knows Yuri is real and not just her imagination because in her imagination her Yuri will never harmed. Yuri will always look cool and shinning. Not this lack of sleep with eyes look almost like panda and little bit skinny.

She didn’t know how long Yuri already kneeling, but she guess it must be more than half hours. Every once in a while Yuri is massaging her numb leg because kneeling.

“What are you doing here? Didn’t I tell you that we are stranger?”

The tone is cold but somehow Yuri didn’t even taken back by this kind of tones. Yuri just looks at Jessica for a moment, “I’m sorry!”

Part of Jessica happy that Yuri asking for her forgiveness but part of her…“And then what? What do you want now? I don’t even want to see your face anymore, just go away!”

Yuri just sighed, it certainly showing her displeasure. She trying to hide her displeasure because she already got migraine with this entire ruckus, she doesn’t even need to turn on the television or news but she already guessing…the whole situation already mess.

Old rumor about her family and everything…this Jessica act like this to her? Her patience snaps like dried twigs.

“I said I’m sorry! I’m sorry for I don’t even know why I must say I’m sorry to you but don’t blame Seohyun for this! Just accept my apology and we end this!! I’m sorry, just forgive me so I could get out from this room already! So you don’t have to see my face anymore! I don’t even want to be here!”

Even when you irritated like this you still protecting Seohyun? You still…

Holding back her tears, “Then go away! You don’t need to be here if you’re being forced to be here! Go away!”

“Of course, thank you very much!!” when Yuri about to close the door, she heard Jessica low sobs.

She just sighed and enters the room again. Slowly she took tissue box and gives it to Jessica but Jessica didn’t even looking at her or even touches the tissue. Yuri just sigh inwardly before sit near Jessica on vacant chair, sigh and Jessica just face wall instead of her.

“Here, wipe your tears with this!” Yuri dangling the tissue above Jessica hands but Jessica just grab her hand. Yuri just let her be even though it tight holds on her hands begin to hurting her, with her free hands she grab another tissue again. She offering Jessica the tissue again, she doesn’t want to wipe the tears on Jessica face with her own hands.

Looking at how tight Jessica grips on her hand, Yuri begin to squirm her hand. I swear I could hear my bone cracking!!

“Why?” Jessica voice comes so weak now.

Another sigh, she already lost counts anyway. “I don’t want to see someone crying because of me? Well, it’s hard to ignore someone else crying and what more is you actually know that someone…I’m not that cruel! Wipe your tears!”

Jessica trying to sit but she still looks at their intertwined hands. “No…Why…”

“You know, I actually didn’t mind with you holding my hands but it begins to hurt, you can let it go! It’s not that I can run from this hospital without breaking my bone! Hyori might collect my head if I do that!” Jessica just slightly loosen her grips but she still holding Yuri hand, “Why what?”

Yuri really want to pull her hand away but Jessica still holding it, “Break up with me…is that because other girls or was it I’m really that bored? Is it because I’m idol?”

“There’s no other girl or anything like that, you are not really bored and in fact you are so uniquely attractive or so!”

“So because I’m idol, right?” Yuri just nods her head, she really want to finished this conversation fast because she really need goes back to her works place, Jessica still looking at Yuri face. “If I’m just normal citizen…will you really love me?”

Seeing how Yuri went on silence mode, Jessica tears begins to wetting her cheeks again. The reasons Yuri didn’t want to answer it just once, if she answer yes she scare Jessica will…terminating her contract and do crazy things again. But she couldn’t say no as answer, because every time she will answer no that’s mean she give Jessica false hope.

She hates how much her body went so stupidly idiot for giving such reaction when it concern about Jessica or being near Jessica. Why she should care or worried about…her…yeah, why would I do that…

“Sica, it’s been a while since I’m calling you with this nickname, right? When the last time…I don’t even remember? Was it after three months our first date?”

Slowly Jessica nods her head and she just let Yuri say anything that Yuri want to say.

“Idol who like to riding trains for alone time when she just nugu idol though she almost become pancake because too crowded. Lucky for her, I’m become her hero that help her so she can get out from train without losing any single hairs! Though her heels broken, again I become her hero! Piggyback her to her destination!”

Jessica slowly smiles, remembering the past time of their first meeting. “That idol then falls in love with that kkab hero! Using her own body to create way out for the idol, piggyback her…there’s even rains pouring and that hero lends her jacket as shelter for the idol. So, one day the idol confessing to the hero after takes so much courage and they are dating…”

Yuri does remember that, Jessica confesses to her at same train.

“It’s the happiest day in my life…” Yuri said it and giving Jessica pat on her hands, “Really, it was the happiest day of my life!”

“Then why? Is being idol really that bad for you? Why are you hating on showbiz…tell me the reasons so I could really let you go and we really ended this and I’ll move on from you! So we have clean break…”

“It would be easy if I’m just hates you because you’re an idol reasons! It would be very easy because I would angry for a moment and our relationship wouldn’t this bad, I’m just sulking for a moment and that’s that! We'll forgive and forget!”

Yuri slowly nods her head when she’s looking at Jessica confuse face, “You know Wolf Rains? Does that movie remind you with something?”

Slowly Jessica nods her head because she doesn’t understand why Yuri asking something likes that out of blue. That movie is really famous and went daebak, so no one in South Korea that never watches or heard this movie.

“The first and last movie of mine, I play as cameo in that movie! But my name not even mentions in that movie, not even in credits page! That’s because the main actress demands to PD, she said she will never play with his movie anymore if he put my name! That actress appears all goddess and angelic but she so dirty on the inside! That’s why I hate showbiz people!”

“But…Yuri…I’m not like that…”

“Yes, I know you are different and I’m stupid who give that label to you! You should blame me but…” Yuri just smiles to Jessica, she wishes she could wipe the tears. But she know it better, that she shouldn’t do it because it’s just empty false hope for Jessica and it will hurt her more.  

“That actress is your aunt, Sica-ah! Jang Nara, how’s she right now? At China, right?” Yuri just smiles, “Maybe that’s why I could never really love you…because you are her niece and you also from showbiz world…it’s like…my heart keep telling me that you are her! You will be like her so get away from her! Unconsciously I begin to dislike you because of that!”

Slowly Jessica shakes her head and she so speechless, “What’s wrong with showbiz…what is wrong with me being her niece…what’s wrong with that…”

“Prejudice and labeling…that’s is what’s wrong”

“My appa is not Boa…” seeing surprised look on Jessica face, Yuri just chuckles, “Of course you will be surprised, of course…since no one really know anything about this! No one won’t even guessing that my appa is Boa in the first place and now they must dealing that Boa is not even my real appa! What a complex paradox…or is it because I’m stupid?”

Laughing at her own joke but when she notice Jessica still all serious, Yuri clearing . “Boa…she’s just someone that comes to my life as my step appa but no one really knows that because they’re too scared to say anything about their relationship…because it will ruin their career for sure!”

“My appa is just world star that die because OD and he is just druggie and cheating husband that screwing around with your aunt while using money like water that her daughter provide from being CF since baby till toddler, my umma just care about her career for being national fairies maybe now she still is? What a mess up childhood memory!”

Jessica trying to look at Yuri eye but Yuri eyes really clouded with disdain, “That’s why…”

Yuri slowly nods her head, “I despise this entertainment world! Why would I stay still at showbiz world when I must wear mask as my image…as that Yul the cold Prince or as male actor? I hate that dirty fake world…I despise the world that only care about the image! I hate it so much! The world that I hate so much that I want to forget it!”

Jessica still holding Yuri hands on her face, leans on that warm hand. “You hate me because of my aunt…”

Yuri nods her head, “At first when I know that you are that Jessica…not only hate but I want to revenge! I want it so much, I really want to screw your career and make your life miserable more than anything! I really want it!”

Jessica let out dark chuckles, “Now you already got it…you already broke anything that I ever had with me…are you satisfied now?”

“No, you got it wrong…my revenge, I never do it…I never got any chance to do it! Because I can’t, if I really want to get my revenge then your whole group will be drain and your carrier will never be able to recover and…”

Yuri nods her head while looking at Jessica. “You used to ask me if I ever love you? Unable to get my revenge is love that I have for you! That love makes me couldn’t do that, though rather than love…maybe I should call it with pity!”

“Pity? You just…”

Yuri nods her head again while give Jessica empty smiles, “I pity you and that’s why I unable to do that and begin to distance myself from you so my dirty heart couldn’t take over my mind and do something bad to you…but I couldn’t let go the hatred and thirst for revenge, maybe that’s why …”

Jessica closes her eyes and cutting Yuri words, “That’s why you act like that toward me?”

“Yes, I act like that…secretly torturing you and making you crying but somewhere deep inside my heart, I keep hoping that you quickly realize how unworthy for me being with you and end it with your own hand! So…when you broke up with me, I can stop that treatment!” 

Jessica force some tears from flowing out again, “You figure it out if I’m the one who break it I will be happy and forget anything about you…hate you and…that’s why you act like that…” Jessica suddenly let out cynical laugh, “…what an idiot…you really an idiot…never changes…”

I want to protect you from myself…even now…

Yuri slowly inhales some amount of air, “Sica, let’s just gives up…let’s just forget that everything that ever happen between us…let’s just move on, both of us? I will hurt you…not only you, but your family too if I keep being with you! Because no matter how much I force it…I could never really love you, trust you, and…I can’t! Maybe I keep doing all horrible things to you!”

Jessica closes her eyes and just shakes her head, she unable to say anything to Yuri.

“Don’t be like this, it’s okay because someday someone going to love you just like you wanted and one day you’re going to realize someone going to take my place! Someone that is will dance for you in that cute costume and cutely declare her or his love to you!”

Jessica eyes already glistering with tears, “You remember?”

Slowly Yuri nods her head, “Yes, I remember and overheard you when you’re filming your show…WGM, right?”

“So you don’t remember it?”

Yuri raised her shoulder, “About what?”

Jessica just shakes her head in defeated, “Then grants me a wish!” Yuri just nods her head after pondering for a moment, “Can you give me just one day of your for being with me and spend it with me? Just be with me! After that…after that…we end this…”

Yuri slowly glances at her watch, she need to come home fast because there’s another match again but before Yuri could look at her watch Jessica hands already covering Yuri watch, Jessica just shake her head and give Yuri her pleading look.

Yuri slowly raised her eyebrow, “For what purpose?”

“I want to eat together with you because we never eat together before and it’s always me who watching you eats, watching movie together with you since I never lean on your shoulder before, and get a kiss from you! I just want to have proper date with you!”

Yuri just stays silence and pondering for a moment before slowly agrees for Jessica plea, “Okay, but we’ll do that in this room because your condition is still too weak!” Jessica just nods her head, “Let’s have some food first because I’m hungry!”

Seeing Jessica still hesitant to let go of her hand, Yuri just look as blank as ever before give Jessica her necklace. Very expensive necklace for sure, anyone could guess that Yuri blown her paycheck again for something like this. “I will return because I must pawn that necklace for my food money and I will never run away from you since you hold my necklace! Run away…I will starving for sure!”

Jessica took the necklace and held it close, “Oh, okay…”

Yuri massaging her sore hand, “What do you want to do after we have our food?”

“Eat together…watching movie…just like normal date…normal couple”

Yuri return half hours later with food, street food that Jessica could never get chance to eat it since busy schedule. Watching Jessica eats, Yuri just smiles inwardly. Her face still blank but not that stern looking face and restless expression, she just blank but there’s kindness in her gaze when she looking at Jessica.

Since this is the last times…maybe I should give her good memories!

Using tissue, she wipes sauce at Jessica lips with her own hand. “Eat slowly, see the sauce all over your lip! Try this one!” Yuri return to old Yuri when she still oblivious about Jessica identity.

Of course Jessica realize it, but she couldn’t really happy with this act from Yuri since she know that Yuri just doing this as act of kindness not really from love or just like Yuri say, just pity but…Jessica smile like a child and begins to enjoy her food again.

“Which one do you want to try next?”

Since still full, Jessica pointing food that catch her eyes. Yuri took the food and put it in front of Jessica mouth, “Open wide and say A!”

Jessica of course take granted for this act, no matter if this just pity act but as long as Yuri being like this…she will think this as love gesture from Yuri toward her.

Yuri pinches her own stomach to keep her stay awake. Jessica just has to re-watch that old English movie, Pride and Prejudice. Jessica lean her head on Yuri shoulder and hugging Yuri arm, which mean the other arms of Yuri pinches her own stomach.

Well, let’s say Yuri finally gives up and fall asleep.

Realize that Yuri finally fall asleep after 5 minute of movie, Jessica pause the movie and slowly raised her head from Yuri shoulder. Slowly she put her head on Yuri laps and keeps looking at Yuri sleeping face. If only it…easy to break up with you…if only…

“Took a picture together?”

Jessica nods her head, “Yes, can I? I didn’t have clear picture of together, because you always with hat or sunglass…I want one, just like Seohyun have in her phone! There’s so many of it…”

“Okay…”

They took the picture and even Yuri let out small smiles, Jessica nods in satisfaction with this picture, “Do you want the photo too, Yuri-ah?”

“No, I don’t need it!”

Then the date finally comes to end because Yuri need to work now and it’s already 8 almost 9 in the night, slowly Jessica close her eye in anticipating kiss that Yuri will gives her. Her heart is beating wildly because this is the first time Yuri kissing her. The feelings Yuri mints breathe near her face enough to make her crazy and losing her mind.

But to her dismay…

Yuri just kiss Jessica forehead, even though Jessica want Yuri to kiss her lips but Yuri just kiss her forehead. Yuri knows that Jessica want to be kissed at her lips but Yuri won’t give it to her. The kiss is so short and the way Yuri put her lips is like ghost.

“It’s already night, you should sleep now and I need to go now!”

“Can you stay with me till I fall asleep?” Jessica plea to Yuri, “It won’t take long for me to fall asleep, I promise!” this because Jessica medicine finally working and she already sleepy.

Again, Yuri looking at her watches before sighs and slowly agrees, “Okay…” Yuri sit at nearby chair while Jessica slowly closing her eye.

There’s silence between them till Jessica with her eyes close, “You are good actor, Yuri…really, and even by now…it amaze me how you could easily acting all affection toward me even that you not even…”

Yuri slowly raised her head from looking at her phone, open but close it again. “Of course! Do you expect anything less for someone that acting since she’s kid? This is nothing for me!”

Jessica just chuckles before sighed, “Yes, I know…nothing for you but do you might…or maybe somehow you...thinking that this maybe mean more for me? I guess you never think anything about me and my feeling, am I wrong? But you still showing your displeasure…you should manage your facial expression better from now on…”

Of course Jessica realize it, the way Yuri trying so hard for not gritted her jaw when she trying to get close with Yuri, how Yuri trying so hard not to make her face harden when Yuri trying to feeding her, how Yuri trying to stop herself for exhaling out of irritation, so many displeasure when it comes to Jessica.   

Jessica begins sleepy, “You finally relaxed…maybe because our fake dates finally over?” indeed Yuri trying so hard not to let relieved sigh coming out from when she know Jessica finally sleepy. “Do you ever wonder…what will happen if we meet once again in different circumstance?”

“Nothing, nothing comes as answer! We will never meet each other under different circumstance anyway!”

When Jessica already falls asleep, Yuri slowly put the necklace that she wants to pawn it beside Jessica beds. This necklace actually, she wants to give it to Jessica, so she works because she wants to give her girlfriend gift from her own hardworking money excluding showbiz money. To prove her love to her own girlfriend…her sense of romance is very backward.

But one week after she start working, Jessica identity revealed by Yoona.

Yoona buying SNSD new album got photocard of Jessica, since Yoona only want Seohyun card Yoona give Jessica card to Yuri. She didn’t throw it but she keeps it at her wallets. When she know Jessica is idol, at first she angry but somehow she just keep it for herself.

The revenge was it really worth anything…yes, it has to be worth…it has to be!!

She didn’t stop working and keep working, so when Jessica finally get tired of her she will give this to Jessica as the last gift from her. If she stops now, it will be very wasted and she won’t take back her words about working to give her girlfriend gift.

At that MT, she couldn’t buy it because insufficient money and for this one she sold her phone to buy this necklace because the seller suddenly raised the price again and Yuri had no choice to comply his demand.

Money from filming MV is not for her…partly, about 60% went to CL because she help Sandra medical fee also CL hospital debts and 30% went to party with the group, the rest of it…she buy the necklace, in hurry and she was about to ask Seohyun to give the necklace to Jessica under anonymous fans gift but her mother beat her plan for this.

The necklace is so pretty, two different rings as accessories bound by necklace. Yuri just looks at sleeping Jessica for a while before turn her back and walk away.

 

--

=

--

Should I end this like this?

Nah. To be continue!

 

Thanks for reading this fanfic!

Please tell me anything about this fanfic, anything! Please give me some comment or anything!

Thank you very much! Bye~!