Chapter 6 : Eunji

A Love to Kill

 

 

I had no choice. If I want my brother back, I should go back into this world, go back into the place that I don't even want to remember. This place is a nightmare for me. I always lose myself in this place. If it wasn't because of my brother, I wouldn't leave this place 5 years ago. I almost competely lose my mind and becoming a cold blood killer if my brother didn't took me away from here. I needed about 2 years of healing before I could go back into society and controlling my desire to kill.

Bi changed me from an innocent little girl into a trained killer. I wouldn't let him do this again to me.

But now, I have no choice.

"You made a right decision." Sungyeol said.

I kept silent. He looked at me, expecting a reaction.

"Okay then. So you knew that you're here to finish what Woohyun couldn't finish. That's the files." He pointed at the table full of files.

I glanced at it.

"Just like the old you, Eunji, never look into the mission files, just doing you're job well. So, we will just move. But you need to recover your skill. Five years surely not a short period, you may lose your almighty skill in the past. You have a week for that." He said. "And one more thing." He walked closer to me and offered me a gun. "You surely need this one."

I looked at the gun. That is the gun I left behind. I remembered it pretty well, because with that gun I killed so many lives.

I hold my breath and took the gun from him.

 


 

I sat on the bench in a park near my house. I just packed everything I need and left the house. I sat alone, busy wondering about many things. Is he okay? Is he still alive? Will I be okay? Should I go back to my old self? Should I kill people, again?

"Eunji?" A familiar voice called my name. I looked behind and find a guy who I love very much.

"Myungsoo."

"Oh, I finally found you." He said and took me into his arms. "I'm looking for you a day long. You didn't pick your phone. I came to the cafe but you didn't come. So I came here."

"Ow." I made a little smile on my face.

"What happened to you, dear?"

I looked at his eyes. Should I just say it? Should I tell him about my past? Will he stay?

"I'm fine."

"No, you're not fine." He insisted.

Please, don't force me. "I'm fine."

He looked at me and sighed. He knew when I don't want to talk about something, then it's means no. "Well, you know you can always talk to me, anytime."

I smiled. "Yes. I know."

He smiled back and started to talk about his day. He talked about her annoying father who forced him to take over the company while waiting for his brother to comeback from study in USA. He talked about everything, but I didn't pay attention to that. I'm busy observing his perfect face, the face that I', not gonna see anymore.

Yes, if I decided to comeback to my past, then I should let him go. I should let the only one guy that I love, my first love, the one that I wish to spend my life with. Today would be the last day I see him. We talked about an hour and he took me to a convenience store near by.

I'm happy to be with him. I enjoyed every single time I spent with him today until my phone rang. A message from Sungyeol, asking me to comeback to the HQ.

"Who is that?" Myungsoo asked me.

"No one. Just a random message from unknown person."

"Hoo." He nodded and his ice cream cutely.

Oh dear God, I love him. Why should I leave him?

Like hearing an answer from God, some voice inside my head telling me that if I'm not leaving him, then he'll be in danger.

"I think I should go now." I said.

"I'll take you home."

"I'm not going to my home."

"Why?"

"I have something to do in my friend's house."

He gave me his suspious look. "Friend? Which one?"

I smiled and hugged him. He shocked but in the end he hugged me back.

"What makes you so worried?"

"Because there's something happened to you. Something that you just couldn't tell me." He my hair.

I looked at him. "I'm fine. Believe me." With that words, he sent me go.

He took me to the park we met earlier. Like always, I watched his car left me behind. Suddenly I felt emptiness catched me. I took my phone and called him.

"Hello?" His voice heard from the phone.

"Myungsoo."

"What happened, dear? You want me to comeback there?" His voice worried.

"No, no, dear. I just wanna tell you something."

"What?"

"Kim Myungsoo, I love you. Whatever happened, please just believe me, I love you."

I heard his giggle there. "Yeah, I know dear. I love you too." He said.

"Bye dear." I said and hung up. I throwed my phone into the ground and stepped on it until it broken.

This is a good bye, Myungsoo.

 


 

And so, I came back to the HQ. They forced me to train myself. My fighting skill, miraculously, still great as 5 years ago. My hands didn't forget how to use the knife, how to punch someone and how to controlling the gun. My eyes still could see the target well, like I used to be in the past. Within a week, I successfully restored my skill, almost all of it.

Only one thing left. To be able to kill a people again, I shoud bring back my dark side, the Eunji who knows nothing except finish the mission.

Today was the D-day of the mission. I refused to call it my mission. This wasn't my mission, it just a way to get back my brother.

"You must be Eunji." Someone spoke to me.

I looked at him. He's a guy, he looks younger than me. He must be a new guy who joined after I ran away.

"I'm Sungjong anyway. I'm your brother's partner." He introduced himself.

"My brother's partner?" I started to interest with him.

"Yes, together with Sungyeol-hyung. Woohyun-hyung was the leader for this mission. But you know, he somehow... messed up."

"Yeah." I commented.

Sungjong looked at me. "But he's still alive now." He said and smiled wide.

I grabbed his shoulder. "Really? Did you met him?"

"Ah.. yes. I met him several times. He is.. well.. safe. They won't do anything to him as long as you're here."

I loose my grip. "They use him as a bait for me."

"Yes. But hey, he said something to me and he wanted you to hear that too."

"What? What is it?"

"Well, he didn't told me the reason, but he didn't want you to involve in this mission."

I leaned against the wall behind me.

"He failed the mission, deliberately."

I looked at him.

"I don't know why. But it's not like him." He added.

"You.. can you meet him and tell him what I'm gonna tell you now?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Sure."

"Just tell him.. Whatever he did, I believe in him. But, I had no choice. Now, he should just believe in me. That's all."

"I understand." Sungjong said.

"Eunji? Is that you?" Another voice called me. I looked at him and saw Dongwoo there. Howon was standing behind him.

"Well, see you at the briefing." Sungjong said.

"Thank you anyway, Sungjong."

He smiled anda walked away.

"Wow, I can believe it's you, sist." Dongwoo said and hugged me.

I smiled. Seeing them after five years made my heart happy somehow. These guys are my brother too. We grew up together, supported each other to through the rough life here.

"It's nice to see you again, Dongwoo-oppa." I looked at Howon behind him. In the past, I usually called Howon as my twin brother. When we was a kid, he just remembered that he was in the same age as me, but he forgot his birth date. We decided to make my birth day as his too. "Howon, I miss......"

"Don't call me with that name." He glared at me. Without even looked at me, he walked away.

"Howon..."

"Don't bother him. He just.. changed. He isn't the Howon you knew once. He is Hoya now." Dongwoo-oppa explained.

"What happened to him?"

He sighed. "Nayeon. She is death."

"Death?! Nayeon? How?" I asked in shock.

"It was 2 years after you went. She failed the mission. And Bi asked Howon to execution her."

"What the hell? Why did he do that?"

"To test Howon. That time he bet the team lifes with hers. Howon had no choice."

I hold a breath. What a cruel people! He changed Howon into someone cold like that. He 'killed' my twin with his own way.

"And yeah, about Woohyun." Dongwoo-oppa added. "I believe he has his own reason to do that. You know him, he never let himself down and fail in a mission. There must be something. In the D-day of the mission, he asked to abort the mission."

"He.. asked that?"

"Yes."

I kept silent for a while, trying to figure it out when suddenly a question across my mind.

"Dongwoo-oppa, I'd like to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Woohyun-oppa, why did he comeback? He was the one who took me out from this place. And why? Why he cameback here?"

Dongwoo looked at me. "You don't know?"

I looked at him back, showing that I really don't know anything about that.

"A year after you both gone, Bi found your place. You still in a rehabilitation to heal your mental that time. He just found you both and Woohyun took you away again. All Bi wanted was you. Woohyun already mature and hard to persuade. Woohyun has his own way of thinking, and it was different with Bi's way of thinking. But you, you're Bi's jewel. You're young, talented, trained, and more than that, easy to control. "

"I remembered we moved again and again that time. I didn't know the reason why we moved."

"Yeah. He tried to avoid Bi. Then he realized that he couldn't run away so easily. That's why he offered himself to replace you. He cameback, with requirement that you musn't know about it."

I felt like my soul leaving my body. My brother, the only family that I have, giving himself so I could live a peace life while he live as an assassin. I felt my feet becoming week and not strong enough to keep myself stand. I fell to the ground.

Dongwoo catched me right on time. "You okay?"

"I don't.. know.. Why... Why did he do that?"

"Because he loves you so much. He wants you to live in peace."

"Oh my." I covered my face with my right hand.

"Eunji, listen. I understand your feeling. I understand you don't want this happen to your brother. But, what can we do? It's already happened. All we can do now is just focus on what happens now. I suggest you to stay awya from this mission. I don't know why Woohyun did it, but I surely believe that he did it for a reason. He knows what he's doing."

I stood again. "Thank you Dongwoo-oppa. I know you worried about me. But.. I had no choice. I'm gonna finish this mission and go home with my brother."

"Eunji.."

"Thank you, Dongwoo-oppa. I appeciate it. Thank you." I said and walked away.

 


 

I stood alone in the end of the room. Some people walked into the room and looked at me while whispering to each other. I don't know what they're talking about, I don't even care. All I care now is my brother. I didn't see him for a week and it's hurting me. It's hurting more after heard what Dongwoo-oppa said to me.

He is here because of me. It's all because of me.

"Okay everybody, listen carefully." Sungyeol's voice heard all over the room. "We're going to move tonight. But before that, let me introduce you to our new team member. You all knew her, the legendary Eunji."

All eyes on me. I looked at Sungyeol who smirked at me.

"With the legend among us, I'm positive that we will success the mission tonight. There will no another fail, like the othe legend did last time."

It was a mock for my brother and I couldn't control myself to not looked at him with pitiless gaze.

"Okay. Let me explain again about the mission for our new member here." He smirked and continued his explanation. "Our target is the K-company. It's a company engaged in the field of real estate. But not only about real estate, it's also engaged with some black business. The owner, Kim Ryujin - code name Mr.K, is a partner of yakuza clan in Japan. They provided a place for yakuza here. Our mission is to eliminate the owner, but we will do that slowly. We will eliminate his man, his family, then himself. So far, we already eliminate some of his people. The failed mission last time was to eliminate his confidant, Moon Jiseong - code name Mr. M. We couldn't go with that mission again, so we will move forward to the next step, eliminate his family."

He the LCD and showing a picture of a woman.

"Kim Sora, Mr. K's wife. 57 years old. Deceased. The next picture is Kim Sungkyu - code name S, Mr.K's oldest son. He is the heir of K-company. He is in our target list, but currently he's not in Korea, so we move to the next target."

The next picture shocked me to the death.

"The second son, Kim Myungsoo - code name L. He is the general manager now, replacing his brother. He is the one who control the black business while Mr.K controlling the K-company. He, so do Mr.M are our target tonight.

My eyes widen.

What the hell is this?