Chapter 5 : Woohyun

A Love to Kill

 

I slowly open my eyes. My head ache badly. The last thing I remembered was Sungyeol came into my house. We fought, but I was too weak to fight him. I remembered he hit my head and I lost consciousness. I tried to blink, adapt my eyes with surrounding. I was in the middle of a room, tied on a wood chair. The room was dark, only a light bulb hanging over me. There's nothing else here except an old TV in the lefy side of me.

I heard someone shouted.

"Stop it, Hoya!" I recognized his voice. It's Dongwoo.

"Get out of my way." The other voice said. It's Hoya.

I'm trying to see them and found Hoya brandishing a gun at me.

"HOYA!"

Hoya glared at him, so did Dongwoo.

"Let me do my job. He's guilty." Hoya said.

"No. You can't kill him. We have no order to kill him."

"BUT HE BROKE THE RULES! HE FAILED!" Hoya exclaimed.

"BI STILL NEED HIM! CAN"T YOU SEE?!" Replied Dongwoo.

Hoya glared at me then made his way out. Dongwoo followed him.

"Hyung... Hyung!" I heard Sungjong's voice beside me. I looked to the right and found him in pale face. "You're awake, hyung! Here, drink this." He offered me a glass of water. I drank it quick.

"Thank you."

"Oh, hyung. I thought you'll die in Hoya's hand. He became crazy. He came here and tried to kill you. What's happen to that kid!" Sungjong said, annoyed.

I sighed. "That guy. He has his own story."

"Story?"

"Yeah. Just like you and me. We all have our own story that brought us here, now."

Sungjong kept silent.

"He was 10 when he got here, along side with his cousin, Dongwoo. We grew up together, me, Eunji, Dongwoo and Howon. Howon was a kind boy, even if Bi made him into a assasin, he still had his kind side. He, much like Eunji. Bi only use them for his sake. When he was 17, he met a girl. Her name is Nayeon. Nayeon is like you, 'adopted' when she was a teenager."

"I never knew about someone named Nayeon here." Sungjong commented.

"Yes, because she's death, before you got here."

"She's.. death?"

I nodded. "Yes. When I was 18, I decided to leave this place, taking away my sister from this hell. I invited Dongwoo and Howon. But Howon couldn't leave this place, because of her. Dongwoo also, he couldn't just leave Howon behind. So it was just me and Eunji. Not long after that, Nayeon failed a mission. And you know what happened next."

"She got punishment."

"Yes. She got the punishment. And Bi asked Howon to be the one who should do that."

"What the hell?! And he did it?"

"He had no choice."

"And so, Nayeon died on his hand."

I nodded again. "Yes. Since then, he changed into someone else. There's no more a kind Howon. There's only a cruel and straight forward Hoya."

"I understand. So, there's so many things happened here before I came."

"Yes."

"What a wonderful story you tell, my dear." Someone's voice herad from the door. A very familiar voice.

Sungjong and I looked look at the door. Sungjong's eyes widen and he made a step back, showing that he was afraid.

"Don't be afraid." I whispered to him.

The man who talked walked closer to us and looked at Sungjong. He slowly Sungjong's head.  "Don't listen to him. He is a bad hyung. He taught you bad things. Things that can make you walked away from me, like he did." He glared at me.

I glared back at him.

"Aw, I love you glaring eyes, my boy. That's the look you gave me when you left me years ago, taking my beloved daughter away from me."

"She's not your daughter. So am I."

He smirked. "But I treated you both as my children. All of you here are my children."

"NO! You just use us as your tool. That's why I leave."

"Ahahahaha!" He laughed and took a remoted control above the TV and turned it on.

There's Eunji there, standing in the middle of a room with Sungyeol. I could see her face clearly. It's Eunji. She's here, somewhere in this building. Sungyeol gave her something. I looked at it and knew it's a gun.

My eyes widen.

"You can never run away from me. Not you, or your sister." He whispered to me.

That time, I felt like my soul leaving my body. The moment Eunji took the gun, I knew something bad will happen.