Chapter 12 : Eunji

A Love to Kill

 

I slowly opened my eyes. All I can see is white. This place is full of light. What happened to me? All I remembered is I saw Myungsoo and Woohyun-oppa. I heard Woohyun-oppa screamed my name. Then, all black.

What happened?

Suddenly the surrounding around me changed. Now I stood at the middle of a heavy rain.

Am I dreaming now?

There was a car burned over there. That was something familiar for me. I looked at another side and saw two children, a boy and a girl. A girl was holding a doll while covering her face. She was crying. Stood beside her, the boy stay still, looked blankly at the burned car.

The girl who cried grabbed the boy's right hand. "Oppa, I'm scare."

Hearing her voice made me realized something. It was me. The girl was me and the boy was Woohyun-oppa. It wasn't a dream, it was my memories.

"Don't be scare. I'm here. I will protect you, no matter what. I promised." The little Woohyun-oppa said.

I made a little smile when I looked into my childhood memories. That was the time when I lose my parent, but also the time when Woohyun-oppa promised me to protect me no matter what.

Some minutes later, a man with a black suit came closer. He whispered something to the little me and Woohyun-oppa. I didn't remember what it was. Not long after that, Woohyun-oppa grabbed his hand and so, we followed him.

"I shouldn't grabbed his hand that time." Woohyun-oppa's voice heard.

I turned around and found him standing behind me. "Oppa.."

"If we didn't follow him that time, maybe we wouldn't ended like this. Sorry."

"Oppa, I didn't regret anything. Everything's happened for a reason. Don't be sorry."

He smiled. "Eunji, I love you so much. You know that."

I smiled back. "I know that, Oppa."

 


 

"She's awake, call the doctor." I heard Myungsoo's voice. "Eunji?"

I opened my eyes slowly. I blinked several times until finally saw Myungsoo's face clearly.

"Myungsoo."

He gave me a wide smile and kissed my forehead. "You're back my dear."

I gave him my best smile, then I looked around and I knew I was in the hospital. I saw Sungjong, with a bandage on his head, walked into my room. He must be the one who called the doctor for me. On the sofa, Hoya with her shoulder covered with a big bandage. Dongwoo stood beside him and smiled at me. Everyone here has some wounds.

There's something missed.

"Woohyun-oppa, where is he?"

All people there frozen.

"Hey, I'm asking all of you. Where's Woohyun-oppa?"

Right that time, a doctor and some nurses came in.

"The doctor needs to check you, dear. You just woke up after 3 days losing consciousness." Myungsoo said and walked out from the room. The other three followed him as well.

I through the medical check up about 15 minutes then the doctor along with the nurses left my room. The four of them walked into my room again.

"So where is he now?" I asked again. Their awkward reaction somehow made me worried.

Myungsoo sat in the chair beside me while the other two standing around my bed. "Okay, listen Eunji. Woohyun is not here anymore. He... is death."

Myungsoo's words hit myself. I felt like I'm losing my mind. My heart refused to believe anything he just said.

"Lie. You lied at me, Myungsoo." I faked a smile. I felt my eyes teary.

"Eunji. It's true. Woohyun-hyung is not here anymore." Sungjong added.

"Lie... Lie.. Lie.. Lie!!!" I exclaimed and started to rage. Myungsoo wrapped me into his arms. "Let me go!!!! I should see my brother!! LET ME GO!!!" I screamed while crying.

Oh God, please tell me it's just a nightmare.

 


 

But it wasn't a nightmare. It's the reality.

Woohyun-oppa was death. He left me behind without saying anything. I lose my brother. I lose the man who I love so much. The man who gave his everything only for me. The man who gave up her life so I can live in peace. The man who promised me to be my protector.

I lose him.

I shed tears while looking at his grave, the grave with 'Nam Woohyun' name on it.

"Oppa, why did you leave me?" I asked him. Another drop of tears coming out as I remembered that he would never answer my question.

"You still have me." Myungsoo appeared from my back. I looked at him. "You still have me here. Woohyun will never leave you without any protection."

He's true. I still have him. I still have Myungsoo, the only guy I love, the one I wish to spend my life with. He's here.

"Yes, I still have you."