Chapter 1 : Woohyun

A Love to Kill

"Promise me, you will protect her... No matter what..."

"I promise.."

 

And I woke up. That dream again. I've been dreaming about it twice this week. I'm not sure if I missed my father so bad or I'm just thinking about it too much.

I grabbed my watch on the table. 5 AM. So I just slept for two hours and now I couldn’t sleep again. I stood up and got out of my room.

I came to Eunji's room. She was sleeping peacefully. I moved closer and sat on her bed. I looked at her and just couldn't hold myself to admire her face. My little sister have grown up now.

I smiled and walked out. I walked towards the kitchen and prepared our breakfast. Well, it took an hour for me to finish it.

"Oppa, you already woke up?" I heard Eunji voice.

"Hm." I nodded, still busy with my kimchi fried rice.

"What is it?" She asked while tying her long wavy hair.

"As you can see. My special kimchi fried rice." I said.

"Should I help you?"

"No. It almost done. Just sit there." I pointed to our dining table.

"Well, as you wish." She nooded and sat on the chair.

"Here you go." I said and put a plate of kimchi fried rice on the table in front of her.

"Whoa, it smells delicious." She said with her sparkling eyes.

I sat on the chair across her. "Try it." I said.

She took a spoon of it and put it in . "Whoa, delicious, just like the last time you cooked for me. Well, almost a half year ago, and it still feels the same." She commented.

"Well, I'm still good at it." I said proudly.

"You didn't eat?" She asked.

"I'm gonna eat now. Just make sure this food isn't bad."

"So you make me eat it first to see this food is good or not?" She pouted.

I laughed. "You are really cute with that expression, sis."

"Oh, whatever." She said and continued her breakfast.

"So, how is your work lately?" I asked.

"Well, good. More than good actually. My manager is so kind. You know, she even......" She explained with enthusiasm.

I looked at her. It's been a long time since the last time she told me about her days. That was my fault. I'm too busy with my job and had no time to hear her story. Everyday, she always woke up before me and prepared a breakfast. When I woke up, she already gone, leaving me with a plate of breakfast and a note 'Don't forget to eat your breakfast'. When she came home, I already gone for work until dawn.

"So it just like that." She ended her story.

"Well, then it's good that you work there." I commented.

"Yeah, kind of." She finished her meal and washed the dishes. "Whoa, I'm gonna be late." She said and ran into the bathroom.

30 minutes later, she got out from her room, ready to go.

"I gotta go, oppa." She said and walked out. "Oh, yeah. Come home before the dawn, okay?" She added.

I nodded.

Suddenly my phone rang. I got a message.

 

Come to HQ tonight. You have a mission.