Chapter 15

~Unnoticed Love~

“Why did Key call you here again, Yeobo?” Kyuhyun asked in his seat inside the student council room.

All of them were lounging in the room because of free period. They don’t have anything else to do and earlier on, they received a message from Key that he has something important to say.

Sungmin shrugged and went back to reading a book he brought with him. He does have an exam for the next period. “I don’t know. He just said he wanted to say something important, he did not speficy what it was.”

Jinki slumped in his seat and worried his lips. “Do… do you think it’s something bad?” He asked.

He jumped a bit when he felt arms circling him. “Don’t think like that Jinki-ah, I’m sure it’s something petty like he ruined his favorite coat and wanted to replace it and drag you guys for a shopping spree.” Joon said while trying to calm Jinki down.

“Sorry if I’m being petty.” They all got startled when they heard Key’s voice by the door. “Sorry for the sudden call but I have something important to say.” Then he turned to Kyuhyun and Joon. “Would you two mind leaving the room?”

Kyuhyun frowned. “Can’t you say that with us in the room?” He asked.

”It’s something that you don’t have any business with. I would really appreciate it if you would just step out of the room and do your other thing.” He said quite seriously.

Joon frowned at him and refused to leave. “I’m sorry but I think whatever it is, we can hear it too. I’m Jinki’s boyfriend and I will stay where he is. I’m not leaving him.” He said.

Key sneered at him. “Just a boyfriend Joon, you don’t own Jinki. Leave.”

Joon was about to retaliate but Jinki stopped him. “It’s fine hyung, you can go.” Jinki said. Joon nodded and left the room not without glaring at Key.

Then noticing that Kyuhyun haven’t left the room he turned to glare at him. “I thought I told you to leave?”

Kyuhyun smirked. “You aren’t the boss of me. You can’t order me around.” He said. “It’s either I stay here or I take Sungmin with me.”

Key huffed in irritation. “Fine, you stay but don’t let anything were going to discuss out of this room.” He warned.

Kyuhyun snorted. “My lips are sealed.”

Sungmin shook his head at the conversation and closed his book. “What is this all about Key? You sound serious.”

Key took a seat beside Jinki and sighed. “Well, I just overheard something that might be troublesome for us.” They all looked at him and waited. “I overheard Jonghyun and his friends talking about seeing Onew for about four times yesterday.” He said.

Jinki frowned and gasped. “What? What do you mean he saw me?”

Sungmin turned to his brother. “You didn’t know Jinki?”

Jinki shook his head. “No. I mean I did encounter Jonghyun yesterday but I didn’t imply I ‘m Onew. How did that happen?”

“But he saw Onew in the laboratory room, in the clinic, in the hallway near the gym and on his way out of the academy. Are you in all of those places?”

Jinki frowned in thought. “I guess?”

Sungmin turned serious. “More like the question is, did you take your glasses off?” He asked.

Jinki nodded. “”Well, I did but only for a second to refresh my eyes.”

Kyuhyun sighed. “Hold up guys. I can’t really catch up. What is going on? Why are you guys talking about Jonghyun and Jinki? And I thought nobody called Jinki, Onew anymore.” He asked.

Sungmin took a deep breath and looked at Kyuhyun. “No one does but something actually happened. Do you remember the night of my party?” He asked in which Kyuhyun nodded. “You remember Jinki was a completely different person right? He actually dressed different like he usually was?”

“Yeah and he looked great by the way but I still don’t see the point. What is going on?” Kyuhyun asked confusedly.

“Jonghyun saw Jinki and they had a one night stand.” Key answered not wanting to beat around the bush.

Kyuhyun got the shock of his life. “Really? You mean Jinki just got deflowered by Jonghyun and he doesn’t have any idea about it?” He said.

Key glared at Kyuhyun while Sungmin sighed. “So not the point, hyung.”

Kyuhyun just shrugged his shoulders. “Anyway, what’s wrong with that? They only had right? Why can’t you just tell Jonghyun what happened than worrying like this?” He asked.

Sungmin sighed. “Because, Jinki here thinks that Jonghyun will be disappointed once he learned who is Onew, the person he slept with.” He answered.

Kyuhyun looked at them in bewilderment. “Why on earth will Jonghyun think like that? He is not that kind of person, okay? And if ever he is, I will certainly make sure that he will regret thinking like that.” Then he turned to Jinki. “You’re quite a catch Jinki, don’t think otherwise.”

Jinki smiled. “Thanks hyung but I don’t think it’s a good idea to tell Jonghyun about that. I don’t really want to get rejected.” When Kyuhyun looked like he was about to argue on that Jinki immediately added. “And I know how Jonghyun is in love with Key. I just don’t really want to gamble with my heart on the line.” He explained.

The resident gamer raised his brow. “So I take that you have some sort of romantic feelings for Jonghyun?” he asked catching the meaning of the bespectacled man, earning a blush in return.

Noticing how things ending out of the original problem, Key tried to catch their attention by clearing his throat. “Anyway, I think we’re getting off track here.” He started. “Let’s go back to how we can deal with this problem, shall we?”

Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes. “I don’t think this is much of a problem than you’re making it to, but okay.” He said. “And anyway, I should probably be mentioning it now but Jonghyun actually called me the day after the party and asked if I know a guy named Onew.” He said.

All the people in the room (Actually Leeteuk is also inside but he settled by listening than saying a word that might not be helpful.) turned to him. He tilted his head like he doesn’t see the real issue at hand.

“What did you tell him, yeobo?” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun looked thoughtful before shrugging. “Well, I told him that I don’t know any Onew. I did think of Jinki first but since nobody calls him that anymore I didn’t bother telling him anything about it. I mean what’s the point of mentioning something not being used right?” He said.

They all sighed in relief and Kyuhyun still can’t see the reason for that. “Good thing you’re quite the logical person, Kyu. I’ll give you a reward later. How about that new game I found online. It’s quite popular.” The gamer beamed at that.

“Now what do we do?” Key asked.

Sungmin looked defeated. “I don’t actually have a clue.”

“I thought of one.” Once again he received a look that says ‘Really?!’ he was quite amused with how things are turning out. “I thought of a plan but I don’t think this will be easy.” Then tuning to Key he added. “Especially for you.”

Key frowned in confusion. “What do you mean?”

Kyuhyun straightened in his seat. “Well, Jonghyun does have a sort of infatuation with you right?” They all nodded. “This is just aa suggestion okay, but why don’t you say yes to Jonghyun?”

“What?!” Sungmin and Key exclaimed at the same time while Jinki and Leeteuk’s eyes widen in shock.

“I mean to have Jonghyun forget the issue and the thing about Onew, you just got  to distract him and one way of doing that is to focus his attention to something else or in this case someone else.” He explained.

Everyone considered the suggestion for a moment and no matter what they thought, Kyuhyun does have a point. With Key being Jonghyun’s boyfriend the brunette wwon’t look for Onew anymore and Jinki’s secret will be safe but on the other side, agreeing with that kind of plan will in fact force Key in a relationship he doesn’t even like. It’s one way or the other.

The rest looked at the diva and found him in deep thought. “Key? What will you do?” Jinki asked.

Hearing Jinki’s voice, Key looked away. “Can… can I think about it?” They nodded and Jinki actually felt bad about the whole thing.

It’s my entire fault…  He thought.

 


 

The moon and the stars are shining brightly which is a big contrast to what Key is feeling. He’s been thinking about Kyuhyun’s suggestion and he can’t really make up his mind. He wanted to do it and help Jinki but he can’t force himself to even think being with Jonghyun. No matter how much he wants Jinki to be happy with having his secret buried, he doesn’t have the heart to even agree with a plan such as that. Dating Jonghyun is something he doesn’t want to ever happen. He was pulled out of his thoughts when he noticed someone take a seat beside him on the balcony of their traditional inspired house.

 “Hey bummie, what’s wrong?” His brother, Kim Heechul asked.

Key smiled weakly at his brother and asked. “Why do you think something was up?”

Heechul rolled his eyes. “Uh… brother? I practically raised you so I know you better than anyone.” He explained. “So tell me. Tell hyung what is wrong maybe I can help you.”

Key chuckled and returned his attention towards the mantle of twinkling lights. “I wonder if I already told you the whole story about the whole complication of my life at the moment.”

Heechul doesn’t have any idea about what’s happening but he decided to play along. “Nope. Not that I know of. The only complication I know is the twisted idea that you were born a man than a girl. That girlyness could make others misunderstand you.” He joked. The younger just glared at him. “So what is this all about?”

Key sighed. “Something happened and I’m now troubled with a decision that might ruin me in the near future.”

“And that is?”

“I need to say yes to a person I don’t have feelings for.”

Heechul looked at him sharply. “A little explanation please. “

Key bit his lips before talking as if collecting himself before spilling everything. “It all started when Jinki had a one night stand with someone during the night of Sungmin-hyung’s birthday party. “ The diva noticed the look on his older brother’s face and immediately cleared the matter. “Yes hyung, Jinki’s not a anymore so calm down. Anyway, that person that he slept with doesn’t know him because of a different image that he had that night. Now, the matter is that person is looking for Onew which is Jinki but he doesn’t know it.” He said and ignored his brother’s remark on how stupid that person is. “So the things is, Jinki does not want to let that person know who he is because he’s afraid that person will reject him. Now, that person actually saw Jinki as Onew and is looking for him determinedly. We thought of a plan and the only thing we came up with the help of Kyuhyun-hyungs sadistic, smart brain is to distract Jonghyun by actually dating him.” He narrated. “Now, I don’t have any idea what to do because no matter how logical that suggestion is it certainly does not agree with me but whenever I think of Jinki, my heart is telling me to just jump in to the idea and all be damned.” He said looking away. “I don’t know what to do anymore.”

Heechul is thinking. Key could hear the gears on his brother’s head turning. “Sometimes, I hate how smart Kyuhyun is.” He remarked “But anyway, how about Jinki, what is with him right now? Last I heard is he actually started dating Joon. If that is the case, aren’t this a bit… I don’t know crazy?” He asked.

Key lay down on the wooden balcony and sighed in frustration. “That is also one of the problems we have right now. Because Jinki is a pure hearted idiot he actually said yes when Joon asked him in front of the whole basketball team. I mean it is also Joon’s fault for doing that in public leaving no choice for Jinki but that stupid bunny is actually trying to destroy himself by being a martyr.” He said. “And yes hyung, this whole thing is stupid and crazy as it is. Now what do I do? Join this stupidity or let the cat out of the bag?”

Heechul hummed in thought and asked Key a question instead. “What do you want me to say?” Key looked at his brother, puzzled beyond compare. “I don’t really want you to do something that you don’t want. I also don’t want you to be guilty because you didn’t manage to protect Jinki’s secret but both of them is quite stupid to begin with. If you want me to answer I don’t want you to do anything that will complicate the matter but it’s your choice Kibum. You can choose to ruin yourself by dating someone you don’t love just like how Jinki is ruining himself or you can choose to not do anything and let the secret get out in a matter of how long that idiot catch up to. Just remember I hope you are prepared for the consequences. No matter what you choose there will be someone crying in the end. It might even be all of you. Nothing’s clear but again it’s your choice. No matter what you do, I’m here and will help you with anything. I always am.” He said being serious which is quite rare for the elder Kim. Having said that, he suddenly stood up and dusted his pants. “Now, I need to sleep because I will be fetching my boyfriend at the airport tomorrow and prepare for the party.” He said. “Good night bummie.”

Kibum followed his brother’s figure before it disappeared at the corner hallway to his room. Having brought his attention back to the stars. He sighed. “My choice huh…”

 


 

He could feel every eyes turning to him and wondering what he is doing in their classroom. He ignored all of them and searched for the person he wanted to talk to. He noticed Jinki at the corner of the room looking at him with wide eyes, and seems like he catched up to what is the reason he purposely went to their room. He sent a smile on the elder’s direction to tell him that everything is going to be okay. He strode over to Jonghyun’s table.

“Can we talk? Outside?” He asked looking at the brunette seriously.

Jonghyun blinked before a smile made its way to his handsome face. “Sure!”

He led the brunette at the far corner of the corridor where no one will be able to hear them and faced him with a frown on his face.

“Can you still remember the deal we had before?”  Key asked in which Jonghyun nodded to. “Well, I started thinking about it and realized that it is unfair that I will not uphold to my end of the bargain. I lost so…” Swallowing the lump in his throat he continued. “I’m agreeing to your boyfriend.”

Jonghyun’s face could be compared to the sun with howw bright it is right now and Key felt like killing him on the spot. “Really?” He asked in delight.

Key took a deep breath. “It’s not like I have a choice right? I agreed to this so I need to do what I need to do. This does not mean I like you though. Not at the very least.”

Jonghyun looked sad at first but brightened up anyway. “Still! This is a start so that is fine. I’ll just have to work hard to make you fall for me.” He said.

Key ignored him and just walked away. That sentence is something he did not want to comment on. It’s useless anyway; he can never fall in love with someone like Jonghyun.

 


 

Jonghyun almost laughed at the different reaction that he got from his friends when he mentioned that he is now dating Kim Kibum. All of them looked at him in shock, disbelief and amusement.

“Is it really that surprising?” He asked.

Gongchan chuckled. “No. Not really. Just… I don’t know, whenever I visit them I can always hear how Key-hyung actually hates you so I’m quite surprised with how this is turning out but I guess it’s fine since you are my friend.” He said.

Jonghyun smiled and turned to both his best friend and noticed the look on Taemin’s face. “Hey! Aren’t you happy for me Tae?” He asked.

Taemin shrugged. “Not really.”

Jonghyun frowned. “Why?”

The maknae just inspected his nails. “Doesn’t matter.” He answered leaving no room for arguments so Jonghyun just frowned.

Noticing the tension in the air he decided to change the topic. “Anyway, I have something to tell.” He started successfully gaining everyone’s attention. “Heechul-hyung, Key-hyung’s older brother I hosting a party and he wanted me to invite my friends so… I’m inviting you all.” He said.

Everyone looked at him as if he’s some sort of an alien that decided to land on the earth and eat them all. “What’s with the look?” He asked.

“Why is Key’s brother inviting you for a party and wanting you to bring your friends?” Jonghyun asked.

Gongchan tilted his head in confusion. “Haven’t I mentioned that I’m Key-hyung’s cousin?” He said and it felt like a bomb dropped in their place when a barrage of reaction flew out of his friends. “Whoa! Calm down guys! I can’t really understand you all.” He said and chuckling with their reactions. “Well sorry I haven’t informed you about that but I actually am close to Key-hyung and Jinki-hyung I just don’t broadcast it since its not really important but yeah, I’m close to them.” He finished.

They all, sent him a look of disbelief. “So that does mean that you’ve been to their house?”

Gongchan nodded. “I’ve been to the Lee mansion occasionally but I sometimes sleep over in the Kim estate. Since my parents were always out of the country they wanted me to stay with them but I don’t really want to be you know exposed to all the divaness in the Kim estate. The Lee mansion is actually too big for me and Leeteuk-hyung is quite a worrywart that I often stayed in my house.” He relayed.

Taemin shook his head, catching something on the story. “Wait, did you just say mansion? Estate? What do you mean by that? How big are their houses really?” He asked.

Gongchan thought of what to say . Well how can he even describe a house that it too large for their occupants? “Well, let’s just say that the Lee mansion where Jinki-hyung, Sungmin-hyung and Leeteuk-seongsaeng lived is bigger than the white house. They just recently made an expansion of the house and added a few rooms for the library and party hall. The previous party hall was now converted as a new studio for Jinki-hyung and Eunhyuk-hyung.” He started. “The three of them is the only one who lived there because the rest of the family is either traveling or outside of the country for business purposes.”

Baekho perked up. “What kind of business?”

“A hotel and restaurant chain. Ever heard of LC Corporates?” Gongchan said.

Their eyes widen. “What?! You mean they own the La Casa?” Baekho asked mortified with the information.

Gongchan shook his head. “Let me remind you. Part owner. Though they do have the highest share in the company.” He said.

Taemin squinted his eyes. “What about your family?”

Gongchan hummed. “Well, my parents partnered up with Key-hyung’s parents. We actually managed some malls. The GK Malls.” He informed.

“The world wide mall? They actually have branches in the other parts of the world same as La casa!” Baekho supplied.

Gongchan laughed at their reaction. “Why are you like that Baekho. Aren’t your family managing a bank?”

“Yeah but that is entirely in a different level than what you family have. We only have what? Like two branches in the whole Seoul.”

“Still that is something.” Gongchan commented.

The two of them stopped talking when they noticed the four of their friends are looking at them as if they can fly.

“What’s the matter with you guys?” Gongchan asked.

Jonghyun just shook his head. “You guys are millionaires.”

They laughed. “Well, I’m not sure if you know about this since you’re friend with Kyuhyun-hyung but are you even aware that they own a hospital?” Gongchan asked. And again wide eyes is the only indication that no, they don’t know about that. “Shall I brief you with the information that you need to know before you go the party by the end of this week?” And a nod is the only answer he received.

 


A/n:

Hi! I’m back! Sorry for the long wait for this one if ever there were people waiting for this chapter. I actually got lazy to update. Forgive me but I actually forgot what the deal between Jonghyun and Key was so I did not focus on that. I’m so lazy to back read from the start so I just left it as that. I actually changed a great deal of words and flow in this chapter to make it even better and flow to the direction I really intend this to go. I actually forgot the characters I decided to put in this story. Hahaha! And I just realized that I like complicating my life even though the problem is so simple but I really think that being afraid of being rejected is something that is quite a big deal for someone who easily got depressed. Anyway, one of the complications I like to put on myself is the number of pairings in this story. There are more to come and I don’t really know how I could manage to fit them all in. There will be a few special chapters dedicated to some pairings so I hope you guys are okay with that.

And I talked too much. Anyway, thank you for anyone who will read this and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I’ll try to update as much as I can but no promises. If ever I got too long in updating tell me then I’ll post it. I’m just too lazy at the moment but I’m trying to fix that. Hahahaha! Bye!

PS: I did not double check thee words so I apologize for any wrong spelling.  

- Lee Liexha