Chapter 13

~Unnoticed Love~

CHAPTER 13

 

A/n: I'll stop writing in POV because its troublesome and I intend to get lost in the middle of the POV.

 

--

 

Jinki can't raise his head because he is afraid of seeing Heechul's eyes. He didn't know that the older is back already. But then again, Key is avoiding him, so how would Key tell him. He is also sure that Heechul know what's going on, he is afraid that the older is angry at him. He didn't know why though.

Jinki sighed and turned to Joon. Even though that the two of them were together Jinki can't still say that he loves Joon. The older tried to kiss him the other night and told him that he love him but he didn't reply. He doesn't know what to say.

Everything is a mess. Jinki thought.

Then he turned to Jonghyun. The younger guy is smiling. He is probably happy that he can freely court Key. Jinki thought. 

He tried to focus in the class pushing away the tears that were about to run down his cheeks. He can't cry now,

--

Joon is not in the mood to listen. He is thinking of what happened the other night. 

Last night...

"Jinki-yah, thank you for not rejecting me." Joon said, standing in front of the Lee residence. 

Jinki forced a smile. "Don't thank me hyung, its not a big deal." He said.

Joon shook his head. "It's a big deal for me Jinki. You don't know how happy I am right now." He said. "I can now call myself your boyfriend." 

Jinki don't have anything to say to that so he just smiled. Silence spreads between them before Joon looked down on Jinki's lips. He his own and leaned in. Jinki noticed the action so he stepped back and said: "I think you should go ahead hyung." 

Joon stopped and stared at Jinki. The latter look down. "Its getting late. We have a long day tomorrow so we need some rest." Jinki said. 

Joon sigh. "I guess you're right. You look tired anyway." He said. "I'm going now Jinki-yah. Good night okay? I love you." 

Jinki just nod and look away.

--

Joon expected to get some answer but he didn't receive any. That hurt him but he can endure that because he love Jinki. 

--

On the other hand, Jonghyun is feeling extremely happy. Why? Because he have a lot in store for Key. He wants to be together with Key. Yeah there is still something inside him that hopes for Onew, but he can't hang on to it any longer. Onew don't want to be seen, so he isn't going to look for him. Sticking with his like to Key seems reasonable for him now. 

Anyways, Jonghyun's been creeped out of his wits by the look that their Professor Park's visitor have. He didn't even know that a visitor is allowed while the class is proceeding. The visitor is giving him observant looks. He didn't know why though, he is quite sure he have never seen the guy. 

'Does he like me?' Jonghyun asked himself. 'Well, who wouldn't? Handsome is an understatement to describe me.'

--

Heechul narrowed his eyes. For him Jonghyun is handsome, he have to give the guy that, but his level of handsomeness only passed Jinki's taste. For him, he is only average looking. After that, Heechul turned to Joon. The latter looked like he was run down by a truck. 'Looks like this elationship is not making him happy.' Heechul thought. 'How could he be happy? He is selfish.'

After a while Heechul turned to look at Jinki. The poor guy is no doubt hurting. Heechul knew that Jinki is sacrificig his own happiness. Even though Joon like Jinki who like Jonghyun who is infatuated with Key who in return love Jinki. Heechul can feel a headache coming. "Omo! Their love story is much more complicated than algebra!' He thought.

--

After the class, Jinki started to fix his things when Joon approached him.

"Jinki-yah, lets go." He said with a soft smile.

Jinki stared at Joon for a while. 'He wasn't angry?' He thought then smiled. "Okay." 

They are about to leave when Heechul blocked their way. "Not so fast." He said.

The two of them got startled. "Hyung?!" Jinki exclaimed. 

"Hyung! Don't just appear all of a sudden just like that!" Joon said clutching his chest where his heart was beating erratically.

Heechul ignored Joon. "I need Jinki." He said.

Joon frowned. "Why?" 

"I don't have to explain to you why." Heechul said to Joon. 

The remaining students in which Jonghyun was counted can only look at the three of them. Leeteuk sigh. "Chullie, don't be a snob here. Behave okay." He said then turned to Joon. "Joon, we need to talk to Jinki. Its quite important. Its a personal matter." 

"But hyung--"

"Let us talk to Jinki. He must be your boyfriend but Jinki isn't yours fully so shut up." Heechul snapped at Joon. 

That shut Joon up. "Fine. I'm going." He said as he turned to Jinki. "Jinki-yah, I'll wait for you at the cafeteria along with the others."

Jinki nodded. "Okay hyung."

After Joon left, they waited for the other students to clear out before finally talking. "Jinki-yah, do you know why we wanted to talk to you?" Leeteuk asked.

Jinki shook his head. "No hyung, but I think I have an idea." He answered.

"Jinki-bunny, why are you together with Joon?" Heechul asked.

Jinki looked down. "Because he confessed to me hyung." He answered.

Leeteuk shook his head. "What Heechul meant is do you even like Joon?"

Jinki took a deep breath. "I... like him."

Heechul raised a brow. "I sense hesitation there bunny." He said. "Tell us the truth."

"I don't really like Joon-hyung romantically but I can learn right?" Jinki answered.

Heechul grabbed Jinki's shoulders and shook him gently. "But what if you can't Jinki? You will just hurt yourself!" He said.

"Its better that way hyung. I can endure everything anyway." Jinki replied backing away slightly.

"Onew-yah..." Leeteuk called out softly.

Jinki's eyes widen. "Don't!" He exclaimed looking around. "Don't call me that hyung. Please."

Leeteuk frowned. "Why? That's you nickname right?" He asked.

"I... hate that name." Jinki lied.

Leeteuk sighed. "I'll pretend that you didn't lie." He said. "I just want to ask if its true that you harbor some feelings for Jonghyun."

Jinki was startled for a while before he looked away not answering.

Heechul crossed his arms sighing dejectedly. "Silence means yes." He said.

Leeteuk smiled slightly. "Okay, that's all Jinki-yah." He said. Jinki just nodded to that.

"Wait!" Heechul exclaimed turning to Leeteuk. "Teukie, I want to talk with you and the others. If you're not busy do come and join us." 

Jinki and Leeteuk looked at each other. 

"C'mon lets go!" Heechul said excitedly pulling the two of them out of the room. "Oh!" He suddenly stopped making the two almost bumped on him. "Where are they again?" He asked.

Jinki and Leeteuk muffled their laugh. "In the cafeteria ." Jinki said.

--

Jonghyun, Taemin, Minho, CNU, and Baekho can only look at Heechul and their music professor who is sitting with Jinki, Jinyoung, Ren, Joon and Changmin.

It's their first time together to sit with a professor.

Heechul glanced at his watch. "Aish! Where is that Kibum?" He asked.

"Does Key even know you're here hyung?" Jinyoung asked. 

"No." Heechul simply answered to Jinyoung with a bright smile."It was suposed to be a surprise."

"Its not a surprise anymore Chullie. Kibum already knew that you're here." Leeteuk said, sipping the soda Jinki gve to him.

"Nope Teukie. He didn't know I'm here at the university. He didn't want me to go here for some reason." Heechul answered.

Leeteuk chuckled lightly. "I think I have an idea." He said.

"Yeah, me either." Heechul said.

"What are you supposed to say anyway hyung?" Ren asked.

Heechul winked. "I'm not going to spill it unless my brother is here." He said.

Jonghyun, Taemin, Mnho, CNU and Baekho's eyes widen. "Brother?" They all exclaimed in unison.

"Wow! I didn't know SM University have a choir group." Heechul said sarcastically.  

Leeteuk shook his head. "Kids, meet Kim Heechul, Kibum's brother." He introduced. Then he turned to his cousin. "Jinki-yah, can you fetch Kibum? I'm afraid I don't have much time to slack off." 

Jinki nodded and stood up at the same time Jonghyun did. "I'll do it!" Jonghyun volunteered.

Heechul raised a brow at him. "No. You sit down and be a good puppy." He demands. "Let my bunny do it."

"But I'm going to be Key's future boyfriend!" Jonghyun said. "I'm making it known to you that I'm going to court your brother hyung." 

Jinki looked away. Heechul, Leeteuk and Joon noticed it.

"Do I look like I care? Truth is, I don't so sit down. I want Jinki to fetch Key and that would be better." Heechul said.

Jinki faked a smile. "Let me do it Jonghyun-ssi. I need to talk to Key anyway. I have to explain something to him."

Jonghyun sighed before finally agreeing. Heechul smirked to Jonghyun. "Stay puppy~" Jonghyun pouted to that.

'Heechul-ssi is cool and scary at the same time.' Taemin thought.

'Now I know where Key got his attitude.' Minho thought.

'Wow! Heechul-ssi is awesome.' CNU thought.

'I don't think Heechul-ssi likes Jonghyun-hyung.' Baekho thought.

Jinyoung and Ren kept on asking Heechul questions, Changmin keeps on eating, Leeteuk was observing them while Joon was thinking of Jinki's reaction. He glanced at Jonghyun's direction who he found pouting. 'What did Jinki see on you that I don't have?' He thought.

--

Jinki peaked inside Key's classroom and saw him talking with his friend Amber. He walked towards them.

"Excuse me, Key can I talk to you?" Jinki asked. Key looked away. "Please?" Key sighed before nodding.

Jinki sighed in relief. Amber left them alone to talk. Silence spread between them. Jinki took a deep breath before talking. "I know you're angry at me Key, because I didn't tell you about Joon-hyung's confession, but Key I think what I did is for the best." He said.

"You think? Jinki, Jonghyun is courting me because we had a deal. If you will have a boyfriend I have to be in a relationship with him. I don't like it and I know you don't like Joon either. I was so confident that I will win that deal but look. He won. Why Jinki? Why did you accepted Joon?" Key asked, eyes unreadable.

"Because I know Jonghyun won't love me. I wanted to move on with this unrequited love and Joon-hyung confessed to me. I just... I just can't say no to him." Jinki answered.

"You can never say no. You don't know how to." Key said.

Jinki bit his lower lip. Tears threatening to fall. "Don't worry, I'm not really angry. Let's just say I'm pissed off. I just thought were bestfriends so you would consult with me first, but its okay. You were left with no choice so I understand." Key said smiling to Jinki.

Jinki hugged Key in happiness. The younger tried to hide his blush. "Uh, by the way, Heechul-hyung is here." Jinki said after the hug.

Key's eyes widen. "Heechul-hyung? What is he doing here?" He asked.

Jinki shrugged. "He says he wanted to tell us something and he is actually waiting for us."

"Then lets go!" Key pulled Jinki towards the cafeteria where the others were.

--

"Finally! The most awaited diva is here!" Heechul said.

"Whatever hyung. What are you doing here anyway?" Key asked.

"Hi Key!" Jonghyun greeted but the addressed one ignored him.

"I came here to tell you that I'm having a party this weekend." Heechul said.

"Party? Wae?" Leeteuk asked. 

"I want everybody to meet my boyfriend and I want to have a reunion for Donghae an Eunhyuk also for Siwon and Kibum." Heechul said smiling. "You know the status of those two."

"But Eunhyuk-hyung is in America while Kibum-hyung is in Europe." Key said.

"I have my ways." Heechul said.

"Does that mean JR-yah will come too?" Jinki asked.

"Yep! I told you! Its going to be a big reunion!" Heechul said.

"Where is the party?" Leetek asked.

"Where? At the Lee Mansion of course." Heechul said with a bright smile.

Jinki and Leeteuk's eyes widen. "What?!" They exclaimed.

"Chullie! Why in our house?" Leeteuk asked.

"Because your house is big and I love the ambiance so I want it there." Heechul answered.

"Don't you like the Kim Mansion hyung?" Jinki asked. "Or your vacation house." 

"No bunny. I want the Lee Mansion and that's final." Heechul said.

Leeteuk and Jinki sighed.

"Anyways, everybody in this table is invited. I don't care if I don't know you, but everybody is invited." Heechul said. "That's all. I'm going first, I need to prepare for the party. Teukie, do you mind showing me the way out?"

Leeteuk sighed. "Fine. Let's go." 

After the two adults left Taemin, Minho, Jonghyun, CNU and Baekho bombarded Jinki and Key with questions.

"Is that really your brother?" Jonghyun asked.

"What is your relation to Professor Park?" Baekho asked.

"Where is the Lee Mansion?" Taemin asked.

"Who is Kibum? What is he to my brother?" Minho asked.

"What is the party all about and are we really invited?" CNU asked.

Key rolled his eyes. "Shut up!" He yelled. "We'll answer those so shut up." He cleared his throat. "Heechul-hyung is my brother."

"Professor Park is my cousin." Jinki answered with a smile.

"I'll answer the third question." Ren volunteered. "The Lee Mansion is that house 10 blocks away from school." 

"10 blocks?!" The five of them exclaimed. Jinki nodded.

"You mean the big white house that looked like the white mansion in America?" Taemin asked.

"I think that's a bit exaggerated." Joon said.

"No Joon! The Lee Mansion is big!" Changmin said.

"Speak for your own Mansion Changmin." Joon said. "And do you think I don't know that?"

"We always stay there whenever were bored." Jinyoung said.

"And the answer to your question Minho-ssi, Kibum-hyung is your brother's boyfriend." Jinki said.

Minho and Ren's eyes widen. "Boyfriend?!" 

"Why didn't I know that?" Ren asked.

"You don't know that because that happened long before. I guess when you were only in middle school. We didn't know you that time." Jinki answered. 

"We saw how their love bloomed into something else. They really love each other until Kibum-hyung has to leave." Key said. "In short, theuy're in a cold war." 

"And to answer yrour question CNU-ssi, you guys are invited. Heechul-hyung did invite you so you need to come." Jinki said. "He told us he wanted everyone to meet his boyfriend."

Joon frowned. "But you know what I'm curious about? Who Heechul-hyung wanted us to meet." They all looked at Key.

"What? Don't look at me okay. I don't know." Key said. "I don't meddle on his love life." 

They all shrugged.

--