Chapter 14

~Unnoticed Love~

CHAPTER 14

 

Jonghyun was sitting under a tree trying to cool down because its so hot. He have been following Key but the latter have a class by this time so he was left alone. 

He was glancing aroud trying to look for any person familiar to him when he saw an unexpectedly familiar face by the laboratory window.

"Onew?" He mumbles. 

Right there standing was the guy he's been looking for. Onew.

He immediately stood up and made his way to the laboratory room.

--

Jinki has been doing his homework inside the laboratory since he doesn't have anything better to do. After an hour of writing and thinking, he took off his eyeglasses, pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. He stood up and made his way towards the window to gaze outside. He just stared at the clear blue sky and listened to the birds chirpping.

'What a wonderful sight.' He thought.

And indeed it was. He took a deep breath and decided to go back to his seat to continue doing his homework. He was nowhere near the ending anyway. He put on his glasses and continued his work. But before anything else, he noticed a guy leave the laboratory in a hurry. 'Must be late for his next class.' He thought.

He's only been working 5 minutes when Jonghyun came, panting heavily.

"Excuse me-- Jinki-ssi?" Jinki looked up to see Jonghyun standing by the doorway.

Jinki's heart thumped harder inside his ribs. "J-jonghyun-ssi? What are you doing here?"

Jonghyun glanced around then stopped to look at Jinki. "Did someone leave a while ago?" He asked.

Jinki blinked in confusion. "Yeah, he just left 5 minutes ago." He answered.

"Which way did he go?" Jonghyun asked again.

"I don't know. I never noticed it." Jinki said.

Jonghyun sighed dejectedly, Jinki tilted his head in confusion. "What's wrong Jonghyun-ssi?" He asked.

Jonghyun smiled at him. "Nothing Jinki-ssi. What are you doing anyway?" He asked instead.

Jinki glanced down his notes. "I'm doing our homework for next week so that I could help Heechul-hyung prepare for the party." He answered.

"Awesome!" Jonghyun said walking towards Jinki and sitting beside him. "You know, ever since that afternoon, I've been wondering what does Lee Mansion looked like. Could you describe it to me?" He asked.

"I... don't really have any idea on how to describe it. For me, its just a normal house. A little big but nonetheless normal." Jinki said.

"You're so humble Jinki-ssi. I've seen the outside of it." Jonghyun said.

"I'm not really being humble. When you're living in it almost all your life, you would think nothing of it." Jinki retorted.

Jonghyun chuckled. "Maybe you're right." Jinki smiled to that.

--

When Jonghyun left the laboratory, he sighed. He almost saw Onew but the guy escaped. He was walking along the corridor when he forgot to ask Jinki something about their homework. "Aish! I was already talking with him, yet I forgot to ask him." He scolded himself. "Maybe he's still in the lab."

He made his way back to the lab but he saw no one there. He started thinking where would Jinki go. He was Jinki's classmate for all of his subject so he knew Jinki's classes were all over and so was his. "Wait, maybe he went straight to the lockers. I'll try the shortcut." He said and walking to the direction where he would pass by the clinic.

He was near the lockers when a figure caught his attention inside the clinic. His eyes widen. Just when he was about to turn a corner, he traced back his step to the clinic. He frowned as he found no one inside. "I could've swore I saw Onew here? Could it be my imagination? Was my mind playing tricks on me?" Ha asked himself.

--

Jinki left the lab right after Jonghyun did. He was finally done with his homework and was ready to go to the gym where Joon and Changmin was probably waiting for him. He was putting his things inside his locker when a loose screw sratched his skin causing it to bleed. 

"Ouch!" He yelped softly. He saw the blood oozing out of his bruised skin. "Aish Jinki! You're so clumsy." He scolded himself. When he was done putting his things, he decided to walk straight to the clinic to tend to his bruise. 

He opened the door and was welcomed with an empty room. The clinic was empty around this time but still open for clumsy idiots like Jinki. After tending to his bruises, Jinki's head throbbed and he felt nauseaus. He decided to take a short break, taking off his glasses and heaved a deep sigh, Jinki started thinking about his situation. "Jinki... do you even know what you're doing?" He asked himself then shook his head. "No. This is for the best." He said encouraging himself. When he thought he was finally okay, he placed his glasses back on and walked out the clinic.

And that's when Jonghyun came.

--

Jonghyun frowned. He can't believe he just saw Onew twice that day and lost him at the same time. He wondered on how weird it was and how unfortunate he was. 

"...basketball team." Jonghyun turned to his cousin and almost forgot that he was with him. 

He smiled apologetically. "Sorry but can you repeat that?" He asked.

CNU pouted at him. "You're not listening! I said I want to try out for our basketball team." He said.

"Basketball team? I didn't know we have one." Jonghyun said.

"Fortunately, you have. I heard they are still looking for one more player." He informed.

"Why not? That would be nice." Jonghyun said.

CNU looked at him. "You're not going to try?" He asked. He knew his cousin was a sporty guy so wondered why he was not going to try.

Jonghyn shrugged. "I would like to but with my height, it would be impossible for me to be able to make it." He reasoned.

CNU rolled his eyes. "C'mon hyung, its not about the height all the time." He said.

"I would like to think otherwise." Jonghyun retorted with a frown. He did notice how everyone would made fun of his height and if its not for his good looks he would be brushed aside.  

"Now hyung, where's your spirit?" CNU said. He did admit that his cousin was indeed short but that doesn't mean he's weak.

"Probably inside me." Jonghyun answered sarcastically. "You know Shinwoo-yah, don't coax me to join that basketball thing because I don't like that and it would take away my precious-" Jonghyun stopped walking (they are on their way to the gym to accompany CNU for the try-outs scheduled today.) when a familiar face running to the other side caught his attention. 

Forgetting his cousin, Jonghyun quickly ran to catch up at the guy. 'I could swear that its Onew!' Jonghyun thought to himself. He just kept on running and running until he turned around the corner hoping to finally see the guy he's been chasing only to have it shatter into pieces. He only managed to see Changmin talking with Jinki-oh well, he thought they were but Jinki was pouting- happily.

Jonghyun cleared his throat. The two of them turned to look at him in confusion. "Yes?" Changmin asked.

Jonghyun smiled. "Did someone ran here a while ago." 

Changmin turned to Jinki then back to Jonghyun muttering a, "Huh?" 

"Have you noticed anyone running this way?" Jonghyun repeated.

Jinki nodded. "Yeah, there was a guy who was running. He went to the west wing of the building." He answered.

Jonghyun sighed dejetedly. "Oh, I see." He mumbled then turned to Jinki and Changmin. "Anyway, why are you guys here? Its the way to the gym right?" He asked instead.

Changmin nodded. "Yep! Its because the basketball team has a try-outs and I'm going to manage some newbies who would make it to the team." He answered.

Jonghyun turned to Jinki. "Then that means Jinki-ssi's going to participate either." Jonghyun asked.

Jinki's eyes widen and shook his head with a simple chuckle. "No! I'm clumsy. I can't even walk properly without tripping and I'm sure I won't be able to catch a ball without gettiing hit by it first." He answered. "I'm here because Joon-hyung asked me to watch." 

Jonghyun smiled. "Wow! You're such a nice boyfriend." He commented.

Jinki looked away. 'That's not true.' He thought.

Then CNU came panting as he tried to catch up with his cousin. "Yah! Hyung! I've been looking for you!" He scolded.

Jonghyun chuckled. "Mianhae. I just saw someone but too bad I lost him." He explained.

CNU sighed and noticed Jinki and Changmin. "Jinki-hyung! Annyeong!"

Jinki smiled. "Annyeong." 

"What are you doing here?" CNU asked.

"I'm here because of Joon-hyung." Jinki answered.

"Oh? Is he going for the try-outs?" CNU asked again. 

"No, Joon's the captain of basketbal team." Changmin answered.

CNU nodded.

 

--

 

Joon frowned when he saw Changmin and Jinki talking animatedly with Jonghyun and his cousin.He was looking for Jinki when he noticed Changmin running out the gym with Jinki's glasses as he discuss the rules the newbies. He stared as Jinki laughed hard when Jonghyun said something.

"I can never make you laugh like that Jinki-yah." He said to himself. Then he walked back inside the gym.

 

--

 

After the try-outs, Jonghyun was on his way home when he remember that he needs to borrow a book at the library for some school work. He walked back inside the building and he's quite lucky that their school library only closes when every student in the building were already gone, and few of their resident school nerds stay there until they are... well, knowledgeable for the night to function. 

Once he got the book which is a novel of two people falling inlove because of a one night stand. Quite familiar with his own but then its only him who fell in love. Anyway, he is on his way towards the front gate when he saw someone running back inside the school. That someone was very familiar. Its...

"Onew?" He mumbled. He was stunned for a moment before finally realising that he should follow the guy because this is his chance and he shouldn't waste it. 

He made a run for it, he was close but not that close to be heard if he ever shout the guy's name. He turned left at the corner that Onew turned to, he expected to atleast see the guy's back but he was lost when he saw nothing. Not even a shadow. 

"Aish!" Jonghyun sighed harshly.

 

--

 

Jinki was in the green house, he was always there after his classes. He wanted to see the beautiful flowers that they have. One of the flowers there was taken care by himself. The Gardenia he wanted to give Jonghyun but was a coward to ever do, so he decided to just replant it and take care of it. 

He was busy watering the Gardenia when he got a call from Changmin. 

"Yeoboseyo?" He answered.

"...Jinki-yah! We need you!" Changmin said. The tone he used made Jinkiworried that something bad happened.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked, putting the watering can aside.

"...Its Joon! He sprained his leg but he refused to sit down!" Changmin said.

"What? Isn't the try-outs finished a while ago?" He asked but he is already dashing out of the greenhouse.

"...It is. But well, as a captain, he decided that the team should practice harder since the regionals are nearing." Changmin reasoned. 

Jinki sighed. "Okay, okay. I'm on my way. Make sure he's sitting down and not forcing the sprained leg." He instructed and hanged up. He quickly made a run towards the building. On his way, his glasses kept on slipping down his nose that he decided to take it off. When he's inside the building he ran straight to the infirmary. If he is going to treat a person with a sprained leg, he atleast need a first aid kit. 

When he's sure that he got everything he needs, he quickly went to the gym. He expected to see the area surrounded by worried members but not being decorated with red and white balloons and a smiling (and supposedly injured) Joon standing in the middle holding red roses. 

His eyes darted towards the basketball members who made their way inside the gym jogging with balls in their hands. They showed the balls to Jinki in which he noticed that was painted with letters in bold black color. The balls formed a sentence. "I Love You Jinki."

Jinki was speechless even when Joon approached him with a hug. "Jinki-yah, I love you." Joon said, tightening his hold on Jinki's waist.

Jinki looked up to Joon and smiled but the smile was shaking at the edge and very fake. He hoped that Joon won't notice. "I know that Joon-hyung." He said. He can't say I love you to Joon even if its just a lie. He don't want to raise his hopes up.

Joon pulled Jinki in for a hug and smiled. "I know that you don't feel the same way to me." He said. He sensed Jinki tensed up. "Don't worry, I won't hate you for that. I'll just wait for you to love me. I don't know who you really love but I'll make sure that I'll be able to substitute him."

Jinki looked down. "Thank you Joon-hyunh and I'm sorry." He said. "I'll try to love you but please bear with me until I do."

Joon smiled. "I will Jinki-yah." He hughed Jinki tightly. Everyone behind them cheered at the lovely display. They don't have any idea what the two of them just talked about.

 

--

 

The next day, Key was about to go inside the men's room when he heard something that made him stop in his tracks. 

"I swear! I saw him four times in a row yesterday!" He frowned hearing Jonghyun's voice.

"Are you really sure hyung? Maybe its just your imagination." Now its Taemin. Key tried to strain his ears to listen even more to them.

"Yeah hyung. You must've been thinking of him so much that you're starting to hallucinate." Minho said.

Jonghyun shook his head. "No! I'm sure its him!" Jonghyun insisted. "Do you think I would just forget a facce like his? No. I saw him in the laboratory room, in the infirmary, in the hallway near the gym and on his way out of th school!" He enumerated.

"But you didn't manage to talk to him?" Taemin asked. 

"I didn't." 

"Slow." Taemin commented.

Minho laughed while Jonghyun pouted. CNU on the other hand don't have any idea on what's going on.

"Wait. Who are we talking about here? I can't catch up to you." CNU said.

Minho looked at him. "We are talking about Onew. Jonghyun-hyung's one night stand."

Taemin nodded. "He calls him his angel. Pathetic right?" 

Key frowned. "This is bad."He mumbled and made his way to Jinki while dialing Sungmin's number.

 

--

 

A/n:

Oooooookaaaaay! This is pointless! xD I don't even know why I included this xD But this is just something to make the story turn somewhere I don't even know xD Aaaaand I'm talking too much so I'm going to shut up. 

Enjoy this guys. Aaaaaaah! I feel like ! Maan! Curse this writer's block! And I'm not even that good to experience one xD Hahahahahaha! Don't mind me. I'm just getting crazy. I blame it on the heat xD

Enjooooooooooooooooy!!! xD