A surprising confession

Prison Blues

Everything was alright and quiet for a while. A long time really. Nothing from Jongup or Youngjae and everything was actually..Pretty good so to say. Zelo was happy. I could see it. His smile was bright and..I can't explain it. It was just like dazzling. I knew what was going on in my mind and I knew it was wrong. I was falling for Zelo. And it was wrong on so many levels. I was gay and had accepted that long ago but Zelo was a minor and I an adult. That was what was wrong. The age difference was too big. And there was no way that Zelo would feel the same anyways so why bother?

It was the best for Zelo to just leave him alone and let him be happy. 

It had gone 2 months now since the isolation. Zelo had almost been here for 3 months. And what about me? My time was soon out. I realised that one morning when in the library and I looked at the calendar on the wall. I felt happy and a big relief but at the same time it didn't feel good. It meant that I'd get in contact with my siblings again and that I would be free but it also meant I had to leave my friends. And leave Zelo. How could I do that? A lump appeared in my throat and I couldn't get rid of it. It felt horrible.

Zelo had gotten attached to me. I had noticed and it wasn't hard to see. He hanged around with me and Daheyun and Himchan all the time. He listened to what I said all the time and listened in awe really. I thought that I was like a big brother to him. That was the way I thought he saw me. Himchan teased us often, calling us a couple and such. It was a bit embarrassing actually. I often blushed when he said that and I'd hit hom over the head. But Zelo..Zelo just smiled and laughed along with the other three.

But now it was time for me to leave and I had to tell them. I told Daehyun and Himchan separately. They only nodded in understanding. They knew that this day would come one day. It wasn't anything they could do about it.  They agreed also that Zelo wouldn't take it easily. "Yongguk.." Daehyun sighed. "Listen..I think Zelo is really attached to you and he likes you." I nodded, believeing I understood. "Yes I've noticed it..He probably sees me as an older brother and it won't be easy for hom to get separated and-" "No Yongguk you don't understand." Daehyun interrupted me. "He likes you. Like..He like-likes you..Do you understand what I mean?" He asked. But I didn't. I was very confused and just looked at them both. A groan escaped Himchan's lips. "Oh geez you big idiot. He's fallen for you, he's in love. All lovedovey in love!" He dragged out the word love and smacked the back of my head. I finally understood or..I did but I was confused. Why would he..No. "No..That's not acceptable I..That can't be true..He's a minor and I am older and that's..That's kinda e like isn't it?" Daehyun frowned. "Nonono..THat's not the same- Wait. You like him too?!" Daehyun burst out and I just blushed. Himchan groaned, louder this time. "Oh no Sherlock..You havn't noticed? Really Daehyun? I thought you were smarter." He said and rubbed his temples in frustration. 

I was still utterly confused and continued to be throughout the day. Before Ihad thought about just facing Zelo and tell him that 'Hey, this is the situation and there's nothing to do about it.' That was the best thing to do but now I felt more nervous about it. And about Zelo's reaction. What if he really loved me? What would happen then? God damnit. Feelings. Emotions. What good did they even do? They just screwd everything up and made it into a living hell, that's what they do. It . 

The evening arrived and we were once again in our cells. Zelo had like through a miracle been movied into my cell with me. No one knew how really and I wanted to know but he just shrugged and let it be. And so I did too. We lied there. Me underneath Zelo when suddenly his head showed up from his bunkbed. "Yongguk hyung.." He whispered. "Can..Can I come down to you?" He whispered but I could hear that he was shy. "Sure, come down here little man." I answered.

Zelo climbed down and lied beside me on the bed. "Daehyung and Himchan were acting odd today. And They were talking about someone leaving but I don't know who. Do you know by any chance Yongguk hyung?" He asked, rather innocently. I bit my lip. I should've told him and I knew it. I should've told him right there and then. Why was it so hard? I couldn't do it. "No. I have no idea." I said and smiled. I lied to him. And I regret it so much but it happened and couldn't be stopped. Zelo smiled back up and mke and nodded. "Alright. I thought it was you and I got worried.." Zelo bit his lip and in the dark I could kind of see a little blush on his face. 

"Yongguk hyung?" "Yes Zelo?" I answered. It was silent for awhile. I could hear his slow breaths and the rustling from the bedsheets as he crawled closer. "Hyung..I.." He didn't say anything more."Tell me." I demanded. It was silent again befor eh spoke up. "I love you Hyung.." He whispered. A gasp escaped my lips and then I felt like I wasn't breathing. It was true then....No why was this happening, this wasn't how it was suppoed to be, was it?" I sat up and starred at the metal bars. "You..You.." I mumbled. "Hyung?" Zelo's voice was obviously shaking. "I..I knwot hat you don't..Feel the same but. I love you! ANd I needed to say it, you needed to know." He whispered and reached for my hand but I pulled it away. I wasn't sure why. I didn't want to but I had to for Zelo's sake. "I don't feel the same..Go to bed Zelo." I said and laid back down. I could hear the muffled sniffles from Zelo as he got out and climbed back up to his bed. I could hear the muffled sobs coming up form him and my own eyes got teary. I'm sorry Zelo, I thought. I'm so sorry. But it's best this way.