First Meeting

Prison Blues

 

 
It was a cloudy day, like it usually is in september. I was out on the yard with my gang as usuall. We watched as the buss with the new guys rolled in. Some where whistling and yelling at the newcomers and we set bets on who was going to break down first. I was shocked when a young boy walked of the buss. He was gorgeous..And so young. I shaked my head.."The youngsters of today.." I whispered to my friends. "My bet is going to be on him." I said. "One. Package." I said and smirked. This kid wouldn't stand a chance. Himchan looked at me. "You sure? He looks pretty tough to me." He said and shrugged. "Not to me." I muttered lowly. Something was off about him though I must say. He had a cold look on his face but I could see in his eyes. There was sadness in them.
 
That night I, and pretty much everyone else was awake. We were waiting for sobs and shouts from one of the new ones. But..The strange thing was. There was no sobbing. None at all. Many that had put a bet on someone was pissed the morning after. I looked around and saw that tiny guy. Even though he wasn't as tiny as he seemed. He was taller than me. I watched him as he sat in a corner. He'd found a stick and was drawing something in the dirt.
 
The guy was a pretty much silent, but I managed to find out something atleast.  He was from a small town outside Seoul And he was just 16! How could someone so young end up i prison? I had watched him closely. He was interesting...And very handsome. If he was a , I wouldn't be surprised at all...Or rather..I wasn't surprised. He seemed rather lonely at that time and I pitied him so I decided to talk to him. He was in his usuall corner of the yard. He had a bruise on his face from a fight earlier and  I sat down next to him. "Hey, there.." I said with a smile. He smiled back at me. "Hi.." He answered. "Why are you here all alone?" I asked. It sounded a bit like I talked to a small kid. But he just chuckled and answered. "I like being alone..It's better than getting into fights atleast." I nodded. "I see.." Then I reached out my hand towards him. "I'm Yongguk, nice to meet you." I introduced myself, like we were any kind of people, and not prisoners. He took it and shaked it before answering cheerfully: "I'm Zelo!"