Finding out the truth.

Prison Blues

November had come. It was dark and cold. Everyone said that it would snow soon because of the biting cold. I barely noticed actually. I felt awful. How could I not? Zelo was obviously very upset. His beautiful smile was gone and it was my fault. It wasn't hard to figure out really. And Daehyun was very mad with me aswell. "How could you just reject him like that? And when you like him aswell.." He nagged me. Himchan tried to calm him down but failed. "Becuase, Daehyun..We can't be in a relationship anyways. He is too young and..It's wrong ok? And I'm leaving anyways, how would we continue then? With him being in here and even if he gets out soon, how would we live on? It would never work out anyways. Might aswell save him the troubles and reject him right away." 

Daehyun snorted. "Troubles.." A sigh came from Himchan's direction. "You know Daehyun, Yongguk is right.." "What?" Daehyun turned to Himchan surprised. He was probably so used to Himchan agreeing with him that it shocked him. "It would actually never work out..ANd just think of all the hate they would get outside from here..It's better to save Zelo from the pain and-" "But he could atleast have told him!" Daheyun burst out, making people turn their heads towards them. Daehyun blushed in embarrasment. "Sorry about that..But really, Yongguk. Couldn't you have explained all that to him?" I bit my lipe. I actually hadn't thought about that. "He wouldn't understand.." "He's not a ten year old Yongguk..I'm pretty sure he would understand and that he would accept it. And it would've saved him the heartbreak.." What Daehyun said was true. But it was already done and it was too late. "Yongguk..Please try to make it up to Zelo. Sit him down and explain. He deserves that." Himchan nodded, agreeing with Daehyun. "We'll see..But not now. I can't face him right now. "

I really couldn't. I could barely stand sitting with him at lunch because I was so ashamed. We sat there in silence while Daehyun and Himchan blabbered on and Daehyun stuffed his mouth full of food. I noticed how they tried to make Zelo talk and smile and make us laugh and have fun like we usually did at lunch but no. It didn't work out as they thought. I looked up at Zelo a couple of times but he only looked down at his food as he poked it around on the plate. A sad sight really.

The inmates were right. It continued to be really cold and in a few days it started to snow. The ground and air wa s alittle too warm fro the snow but the snow was absolutely perfect for making snowballs and snowmen. Daehyun, Himchan and I were outside throwing snowballs at eachother. We were having fun when Daehyun stopped. "Where's Zelo? I'm gonna' fill his face with snow." He said and giggled before going inside to find him. He wans't sure where he actually was though. He heard some strange sounds though. The corridor that he was in was completely empty so he could hear it clearly. Some guys ing. Ugh, that wasn't any interesting, he wanted to know where Zelo was. But then he stopped. Something was very familiar with that voice. Daehyun became curious and foudn the location from where the sounds came from. A closet. The door was slightly opened and he listened. "I-it hurts.." His eyes widened as he realised why that voice was so familiar, it was Zelo. Peeking in he saw Zelo and one of the guards. The room was filled with boxes and Zelo was pushed up against a pile of them while the guard ed him. 

it was a shocking sight and Daehyun covered his mouth so he wouldn't gasp. "You little ..You wanted a cell change..And this is the price you have to pay.." So that was how.. Zelo had indeed changed cells earlier and ended up in the same cell as Yongguk. No one really knew how and he said he didn't know either so no one asked but..It was strange indeed. But now Daheyun knew. Oh gosh.. He hurried away from there as fast as he possibly could without making too much sounds. A few corridors down he met Himchan and Yongguk. All wet, laughing and covered in snow. "That was awesome..Did you see Jongup's face?.. Oh hey Daehyun! Where did you walk off?" They waved and Himchan wrapped an arm around Daehyun. "Daehyun..What's the matter, you look paler than usual." he said. "Oh I'm fine. Did you see Zelo? I couldn't find him?" Daehyun played it off. He hoped that they wouldn't see it through. "No we didn't..I wonder where he is." 

 

I thought Daehyun acted strange when we met him after out little snowball fight. And he continued to be strange afterwards. He sent some strange looks to Zelo once we found him and the same with Himchan and me. He seemed so tense and worried about something. When I asked him he just shrugged it off like it was nothing. It was terribly strange. The night came and the lights went out. Looking up at the bunkbed over me I wondered. Maybe I should just tell him. He was worth it after all and Daehyun was right, He had a right to know. Atleast that I was leaving, because I still hadn't told him that. Leaning over towards the edge I looked up. I heistated but then decided. "Hey..Are you awake, kiddo?" I whispered. No answer but I could hear the bed shift. "Zelo.." I said, a little bit louder this time. "What is it?" I heard him answer. A smile spread on my face as he spoke to me for the first time in awhile. "Hey kiddo, I need to tell you something..I.." I hesitated once again.Zelo's ehad popped up, looking down on me. "What is it, hyung?" "I..I'm getting out." He said.

"What?" Zelo asked surprised. He climbed down and kneeled next to my bed. "W-what did you say?" WIth a sigh I started to explain. "You see..I've almost done ym sentence now and..I'm going home soon. In about 2 month I'm getting out of here.." I explained to him. Zelo's eyes started to tear up again. "no..No hyung, you can't leave..You can't leave me here.." He sobbed. I tried to silence him. "Zelo be quite, someone might hear you..And..I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do, this is the situation and we can't escape it." I tried to smile and touch Zelo's face but he flinched and moved away. "Zelo don't act this way..You'll be fine, you've got Himchan and Daehyun. They will take care of you perfectly fine." Zelo shaked his head. he threw himself at me, grabbing my shirt ina  dramatic motion and cried into my chest. "Hyung no..You can't, you can't." Was it reality or was it some kind of romantic drama film? I grabbed Zelo's shoulders. "Zelo...I'm sorry. But you'll have to live on.." My own eyes got teary but I tried to stop them so he wouldn't see. "I'm leaving..And there's nothing to do about it..You'll forget about me soon..You'll see." I said and hugged him. I couldn't do anythign else, I needed to hold him: i needed to comfort him..He..He was mine I needed to take care of him. But I knew that it was impossible. 

"I can never forget you hyung..I love you."

"I know."