Chapter 7

Fear Of Flying

 

Dara's POV

I put my phone back into my pocket and sat beside Nichkhun. "Okay I'm staying here with you until you get your together." I knew that I wasn't really helping in any kind of way by my presence, but it was the least I could do. Who knows what he could do to himself.

"Sorry, If what I said hurt you." he said. I was surprised that he even remembered that part of the night.

I sighed "It's fine. I know what you're going through"

He looked at me "No it's not fine. I regret ever saying that, and I'm really really sorry" I could sense in his tone that he was sincere.

I stared blankly at the city skyline "But that was also heroic, what you did. Thanks I guess." and let out a slight laugh.

He shifted his body towards me "Dara listen, I'm also sorry for making you cry. I would never ever want to make you cry..." there was a long pause but I could still feel his eyes on me "Wooyoung is lucky to have you, you know." I suddenly felt his hand under my chin, turning my face towards his direction. "Wh--What..." I tried to say. A few seconds later I was looking directly into his eyes and realized they were beautiful. Like his dark brown eyes held me captive. I couldn't move any further.

The next thing I knew, his lips crashed into mine. I was not in the right mind to kiss him back, but I felt like I wanted to comfort him and hope that me kissing him would overpower the sadness he's feeling. I was waiting for myself to pull away but somehow, I couldn't.

I love you so much Sandara Park Wooyoung's voice echoed in my head. I remembered Wooyoung. I realized that what we're doing was wrong. Me and Nichkhun pulled away at the exact same time. Maybe he realized it too.

I grasped "I'm--I'm sorry I have to go." I stood up and ran.

"Wait Dara!" I heard Nichkhun plead. I stormed my way down the stairs crying. What have I done now?

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

Two days have passed since the incident at the rooftop. I haven't seen Nichkhun ever since, but he did try to text me once. *Dara, I'm really sorry. can we talk about this, please?* I ignored it. I lay awake on my bed trying to forget about it. I still couldn't manage to unravel the fact that I kissed Wooyoung's best friend.

I stared blankly at the ceiling above me. Nickhun was drunk. He didn't know what he was doing. I thought to myself That's right Dara. If ever they find out, I'll just say he was drunk and depressed but then I remembered that feeling of not wanting him to stop kissing. "You're an idiot, Dara" I muttered to myself and fell asleep.

I was awaken by a phone call. I looked at the screen to see who it was then rolled up my bed "Good morning love" Wooyoung's warm voice greeted me.

"Good morning" I smiled, even though he couldn't see.

"So uhm, I just wanted to check on you because you haven't called me for two days and I'm worried"

He was right. I haven't called him since the incident like I forgot all about him "I'm really sorry, we were busy doing....stuff" I lied. I just needed some time alone to think about what I've done. I wish I could tell him, but he'll end up hating me for kissing his best friend.

"Oh okay. Well, see you later at the studio!" he said enthusiastically.

"Sure, see you guys later. I love you!"

"Love you too, bye!" he answered and I hung up first.

I changed into our usual 2NE1 outfit and went to the studio with the girls. Taeyang came along with us, he said he wanted to support his co-idols so we let him tag along. Taeyang is very supportive of our activities. If he has time, he'll come to the studio to watch us.

We were in our dressing room waiting for our turn to perform when I felt someone grab me by my waist "Good to see you again." he whispered to my ear. I smiled then turned back and pecked his lips. "You guys done performing?" I asked.

"Yup." Wooyoung answered.

"Oh god get a room you two!" I heard Bom say. I almost had forgotten that they were there.

"You two are together!?" Another voice said. I also forgot that Taeyang was there.