Chapter 14

Fear Of Flying

Yoomin's POV (Hottest)

 

"Everyone stop bashing @krungy21 you're all overreacting, we don't know what really happened." I tweeted. 
 

I was tired of reading other people's comments on how they don't like the Nichkhun-Dara pairing. I've also had it with people bashing Sandara Park for something which I believe is not even true. I know this because I've seen the truth with my own eyes or so I think.
 

Moments later I saw my friend Jisun's tweet on my timeline "Still hoping @0430yes and @krungy21 were dating, but KhunDara is cute too <3" I guess she saw my tweet and decided to react too.
 

We are huge 2PM fans, so this issue is really something to us. When the news struck, the fan base went bat crazy! Most of them resorted to hating the 'girl' of course. If I did not know the truth i'd probably end up hating Dara-unnie too.
 

I remember me and Jisun going on our daily fangirling routine, when one day we spotted Wooyoung inside a shoe store. We just happened to pass by when "Omona! Is that W--wooyoung oppa?!" She pointed from outside. We then rushed inside, Jisun was trembling as we approached Wooyoung. "Uhm excuse me, Wooyoung-oppa?" I courteously asked. He turned back and gave us a surprised look, but all I could say was "Oh my god! It really is you!"
 

This is it Yoomin, this is your moment. Wooyoung is in front of you I thought. I pushed every ounce of courage I had to ask for a picture and without hesitation, he agreed. I didn't expect oppa to be with someone when I heard another girl speak "Wooyoung the guy said that it's out of stock, but look at this pair of Vans shoes, they'll look good on--" She looked at us. Her face seemed familiar so I tried to process everything quickly in my mind until I remembered "OMO~ Sandara Park! Dara unnie!" I suddenly squealed.
 

Who wouldn't know 2NE1? And who wouldn't know the vampire goddess, Sandara Park? Me and Jisun were ecstatic that two idols were standing in front of us. "Can we take a picture with the both of you?" I decided to ask. "Ah, would you like me to take a picture of the three of you instead?" Dara unnie offered. I couldn't remember why, but I agreed. I soon forgot to take a picture with her too. For someone in YG entertainment, Dara-unnie was pretty nice. I've seen Taeyang and G-Dragon before, and they looked really intimidating.
 

Then it hit me Why are they together? Why are they here? I wondered. Are they dating? Omona! No Yoomin, stop speculating. Maybe they're just friends. Oppa can't do this to us.
 

I saw Jisun having a moment with Wooyoung-oppa, my lucky friend also got a hug. "I guess we have to go now. Thank you guys." Oppa said. Me and Jisun couldn't wipe the smile off our faces after meeting 1/6 of 2PM and to actually have a picture with him. They were about to go out of the store when I saw Wooyoung-oppa hold Dara-unnie's hand. Me and Jisun gasped, glancing at each other. Kyaaaaa they really are together. I mean, what kind of friends would hold each other's hand. What is going on. What. What. Omo--This will cause a storm in the fanbase. My thoughts went nuts. So for proof, I snapped a quick picture of them getting in the car. 
 

I debated whether I should post the picture or give it to gossip sites, but I ended up keeping it a secret for now. I guess i'm trying to be nice. Dara-unnie was nice to us too, so me and Jisun agreed to keep it a secret. I also didn't want to sabotage their relationship. 2PM is already getting a lot of hate ever since Jay left. As a true hottest, I just wanted them to live their lives. 
 

We've received a lot of envious comments when I posted our photo with Wooyoung. There were a lot of hate comments too like You ugly s. You don't deserve to be beside Wooyoung! but I did not let it get me. The fansite of course was still like family to us, and it was required to write a fan account with it. I left out one little detail though, the fact that Dara was with our Wooyoung. I lied saying that one of the store employees took the picture for us.
 

I did not expect to see a member of 2PM to be actually dating, and that caught me and Jisun off-guard. I guess we just have to wake up to reality. I realized that just because they're celebrities doesn't mean they can't date. It's an act of growing up, but some people on our fanbase can't seem to grow up. These are the possessive fans that believe they have a chance. 
 

Once the issue about Nichkhun and Dara broke, I admit that I was kind of disappointed. Firstly, because Nichkhun-oppa was my bias. Second, I knew Dara-unnie was with Wooyoung so I was surprised to see her with Nichkhun-oppa. Third, I didn't want people to be hating on Dara-unnie, especially that I know she's nice. Everyone in the fan site stated their opinions. Most of them did not approve of the pairing, especially Hyojin, one of the heads, who was also my classmate. Hyojin is always present in fan signings, I could say she met 2PM already. We weren't really allowed to take pictures with them, just autographs, so she got jealous of me and Jisun because we're one of the VERY FEW people that have a 'photo' with a member of 2PM. 
 

I secretly ship Wooyoung-oppa with Dara-unnie, I just couldn't go rambling about it because my friends would be disappointed in me. I know how hard it was for Jisun to accept the fact that her bias is 'dating', but I guess she quickly got a hold of it and now she ships them too. Maybe there are Wooyoung-Dara shippers in other countries too, but I would never know. In Korea, that's not the case. Shipping a male idol with a female idol is like one of the deadliest sins a loyal fan could do. 
 

I sighed remembering these thoughts. I decided to take a bath and get ready for school. I went downstairs and spotted my family eating breakfast. "Good morning" I said and casually sat down. Our house wasn't that big, just a small apartment. I quickly dug into my breakfast with my little brother eating beside me, my parents across the table. 
 

"Yoomin-ah why are you eating so quickly?" My mother asked. I finished everything and said "I need to be early in school," I stood up and bowed my head "Thank you for the meal but I need to go now. Bye!" and went off. "Yoomin-ah!" I heard my father scolded as I continued to walk.
 

I walked to school and saw Jisun waiting for me by the gate. She smiled when she saw me "Yoomin!" Jisun said and waved. 
 

"Annyeong." I said. "So what's up?"
 

We then started walking inside "I saw your tweet this morning. Do you think it's true?" Jisun asked.
 

"Nichkhun and Dara? No way." I replied disapprovingly.
 

She giggled "You're just saying that because you want to have Nichkhun all to yourself." and she was somewhat right. There was still that glint of hope that I might have that fairytale fantasy of meeting Nichkhun someday and he'll fall in love with me too, but I know I should get over it now. The guy doesn't even know I exist. 
 

"No" I grunted in annoyance "I mean, we know--we BOTH know who's really dating who." I emphasized, trying to avoid mentioning names but Jisun clearly knew I was referring to Wooyoung and Dara.
 

We arrived at our classroom and took our seats. "Have you ever thought that it was only for publicity? Nichkhun and Dara I mean." Jisun pointed out.
 

I pursed my lips, realizing that it's possible "It can be, but we're never sure."
 

"Yoomin! You're going to the fan signing on Saturday, right?" Hyojin suddenly butted in, placing her things on the desk.
 

Me and Jisun looked at each other and then back at her. "Uh…Yeah, why?" I stuttered.
 

"Oh nothing it's just that I got backstage passes from someone I know" She bragged. I saw Jisun roll her eyes.
 

"Good for you!" I said, pretending I was happy for her. Hyojin brags about everything, from meeting 2PM a number of times to having followers in the fandom that praise her for the perks she gets. Not a lot of people in the fandom are fortunate enough to have such connections.