Chapter 11

Fear Of Flying

I really hope you guys would like this chapter because it's my first time writing something like 'this' hehe. Oh! and I also have a new main picture on the foreword page lol I'll be posting a short side chapter too :)


Dara's POV
 

I woke up with a bunch of text messages flooding my phone.
 

Jiyong: Happy Birthday noona~ don't worry, you still look young hehe ^^
TOP: Happy Birthday Dara noona!
Seungri: Ssantoki! you're getting old, boys don't like that. Kidding. Happy Birthday! :3
Daesung: Ssandaraaaaa happy birthdaaaaaayyyy! enjoy this day! :)
Taeyang: Happy birthday
Se7en: Happy birthday Sandara-sshi ^_^
Cheondung: Noona, happy birthday! Don't forget i'm always here for you and you'll always be the best noona <3 Have a great day!


It was my birthday, finally. I got up from bed and replied a quick thank you to all of them. Some of the obligatory birthday wishes were from my relatives and some were from other artists i'm quite close with, but still no Wooyoung. I was happy to see Taeyang's message though, I haven't heard from him since he found out about me and Wooyoung. 


The thought of my boyfriend forgetting this one day of my existence still made me feel quite upset. But I also thought of the possibility that Wooyoung might be onto something, but I  didn't want to expect. I was alarmed when Bom, CL and Minji came storming into my room "Happy birthday ssantoki!" and sang. 
 

Bom was holding a cake that said Happy Birthday Dara and below was small text in blue icing from CL, Bom, Minji. Right after the song ended, I blew the candles. "Thank you everyone" I said and hugged them.
 

"Oh, Dara, sajangnim told us to go to Teddy and brainstorm for new album ideas." Bom reminded.
 

I remembered YG passing on the good news that I had to work on my birthday. I sighed. "Yea, he told me yesterday. Let me just take a bath and then let's go." 
 

"I'm really sorry Dara-sshi. Sajangnim's orders." Bom said, genuineness in her eyes. 
 

"Wait, what about CL and Minji?" I asked. 
 

"Uhh…Me and Minkki have to help Seungri with something." CL said. I pouted in disappointment "Okay then."
 

What a great way to spend my birthday I thought to myself sarcastically. 
 

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
 

"So would it be more like into girl-power or something like that?" Teddy asked and took a sip from his coffee.
 

Me and Bom nodded in agreement "Yes. We want to focus on the tough image just like last time" I said.
 

The three of us were in the recording room, in which was Teddy's nook. Me and Bom were seated on the sofa while Teddy was on his desk chair as he took note of our ideas. 
 

"But this time, we were thinking of encouraging lyrics directed to people struggling with depression" Bom added.
 

Teddy pursed his lips and said "That's actually a great idea! Uplifting someone who's gone through a lot. That's new and interesting for a girl group."
 

"Yes, the cute and y concept are overused already. So we think we might have a chance on this by targeting mostly the female fans." I said. And it really was overused, in my opinion. Better be helping our fans through encouraging music rather than imply that an image of perfect good looks, fame and fortune would make them a better person.
 

"I understand" He danced his pencil in between his fingers. "Would you like to give lyric ideas? Just a test run."
 

We tried out different lyrics and appropriate tunes that can be considered for the album and went on like that for hours. I noticed Bom restless as she checked the clock every now and then. Perhaps she was getting bored? I thought. After what seemed like a brainstorming turned to pre-making of the album, we parted ways with Teddy. 
 

On the way out of the building, Bom stopped and said "I'm starving" she then turned to me, smiling. "Dara, you wanna eat?"
 

I was starving too, so I said "Yea sure."
 

She clasped both of her hands "My treat! because it's your birthday!"
 

I laughed "No, you don't have to, really."
 

"Oh cmon, let me treat you. I know a good restaurant nearby." Bom said enthusiastically and off we went.
 

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
 

We arrived in what looked like a hotel instead of a restaurant. The doorman greeted us courteously as we went in. I followed Bom through the lobby. She was walking too fast, I couldn't even catch up with her pace. I was also in doubt, so I decided to ask her "Hey wait, where are we going? Where's the restaurant?" halting her from walking.
 

She turned back and I gave her a confused look "It's upstairs" She said flatly and continued walking to the elevator. I made a disgruntled sound and followed her inside. She pushed the button to the 12th floor.
 

We were both looking at the small LCD screen that indicated the floors we were passing by. 3, 4, 5….
 

"We're just happy for you Dara and we love you, don't ever forget that." Bom gushed, breaking the silence. 6,7….
 

I was perplexed. I let out a faint laugh "Why are you suddenly saying this, Bom?" 8, 9….
 

She smiled back at me. "Just know that a lot of people care for you, you're a very lucky girl." 10, 11….
 

She turned reaching something from her bag and pulled out a rose. "Happy birthday ssantoki" and handed it to me. I gladly accepted it, still bemused about everything that's happening until the elevator door opened. I saw CL and Minji standing there and as soon as we stepped out, they both gave me roses. "Happy birthday-unnie" they said in chorus. 
 

"Yah! I thought you're with Seungri?" I asked, suspicious of everything.
 

CL groaned and complained "Aish! You ask too much questions. Just follow Minji." I did what I was told to.
 

Minji led me to another hallway and said "This is as far as I can go unnie" She smiled and left. 
 

I then saw Taecyeon and Junho standing in the hallway, well-dressed. I went up to them as they both gave me roses. "Happy birthday Dara" they said. I was surprised that 2PM was there. Taec and Junho then instructed me to turn left to another hallway. There I saw Chansung by the door, patiently expecting my arrival "Happy birthday Dara-noona" he handed me another rose and then opened the door for me. This is Wooyoung's idea i'm sure of it I thought. 
 

As I stepped into the room, I was welcomed by Nichkhun and Junsu. "Happy birthday!" they both said, handing me a rose. The room was huge, it looked like a suite. Nichkhun lead me to another area. I noticed the lights became dim, rose petals were scattered on the floor and small candles formed a pathway. Nichkhun stopped and sighed "You're very lucky Dara, to have an like Wooyoung" he joked "But no seriously, he's a great guy. A great best friend. Happy birthday." and kissed me on the cheek, then left the room.
 

I heard guitar strums and I followed the candle-lit path. I stopped when I saw Wooyoung in front, holding a guitar. He flashed me his beautiful smile the moment he saw me. He looked really charming with his hair slightly pushed back and casual with his black button-up shirt. Wooyoung then started strumming again and sang.

 

 

 


[this is a song by Ron Pope that Wooyoung sings in this chapter]

You sit in the bathroom and you paint your toes

I sit on the bed right now and I sing you a song

It's not always easy, but somehow our love stays strong

If I can make you happy, then this is where I belong

And I'd just like to say, I thank god you're here with me

And I know you too well to say you're perfect

But you'll see, oh my sweet love you're perfect for me

 

I stood still trying to hold back my tears. Wooyoung didn't forget about my birthday after all. It was stupid of me to assume that he did. 

 

I know all your secrets and you know all of mine

You're always here to hold me up when I'm losing my mind

I wish that I was stronger so that I had more to give

I'll share everything I have and we'll find a way to live

And I know you too well to say you're perfect

But you'll see, oh my sweet love you're perfect for me

Oh my love, I swear you're perfect 

Yes I promise, you're perfect for me

 

As soon as the song ended, my tears started falling. I couldn't manage to move, still speechless with all of it. Wooyoung put down his guitar, pulled out a rose tucked behind his belt and slowly walked towards me. "Happy birthday love" he said. 
 

I tried to let out a laugh, but I couldn't help but cry. Wooyoung smiled warmly "Don't cry." he said as he lifted my chin up, wiping away my tears with his thumb. I know that I can be annoying and stubborn sometimes and I may also not be the best girlfriend, but the thought that he did all of that for me was truly touching. I felt like I didn't deserve any of it. 
 

"But how did you even-- Bom, CL and Minji then 2PM…" I asked, my voice strained from holding back tears "You said you were busy and--"

He chuckled. "Everyone helped in. Bom persuaded your president to set you free from being grounded, CL and the boys helped me with preparing yesterday, Minji stayed with you for look-out" I suddenly went to a verge of realization. Bom lied to me about being with Gummy, and CL being with Jiyong and Seungri. They were all part of this scheme. "I'm sorry I had to lie to you about being busy and forgetting your birthday, it was all part of the plan. I never forgot." He continued as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. 

I then embraced him as tightly as I could. His body stiffened for a moment "Thank you Wooyoung." I said still crying, and felt his shoulders slowly ease.

I stared into his eyes and felt his hands slide to my waist, pulling me closer to him. I leaned in to kiss him and Wooyoung kissed me back as gently as he could. I let go of the roses I was holding and ran my fingers through the back of his hair. 

It was just me and Wooyoung, in the center of the universe as my worries went away. Wooyoung's kiss became demanding. Both our lips hungry, longing for each other. I was indulged within the taste of his sweet lips when he carried me and led me to another room. 

He pushed me against the wall, making a sound but I was too immersed in his lips to even notice the impact. I took off my jacket rapidly, catching breaths in between kisses. His warm hands lingered under my shirt touching my skin, sending shivers down my spine. He soon pulled my shirt up and off me. Wooyoung's intoxicating kiss slowly trailed down my neck then to my shoulders making me gasp as his lips explored my bare skin. 

My hands were trembling as I ed his shirt, he took it off himself as soon as I was done ing. I raced my hands through his muscular arms then to his chest down his abs and made its way to his belt. I tried to unbuckle it, letting it hang loose.

We started to make our way to the bed when I landed on my back, Wooyoung on top of me. His hands slided down my stomach, cautiously seeking to my pants, our lips still inseparable. He slowly pulled it down and threw it on the floor, leaving me exposed to the cold temperature with only my undergarments and only our bodies to keep us warm. 

He pinned both of my arms down as he continued to engulf my upper body with his lips, feeling his warm breath as I lie there helplessly. I could feel his nose tracing through my left shoulder, making its way to my neck turning into a kiss, whilst I made a sound when I felt him bite me slightly. He then stopped and let go of my arms, his lips curled into a grin. "Did that hurt? Sorry, couldn't help it." 

I squinted my eyes and shoved him to my left, rolling him over as I fixed myself on top of him. I started kissing him again, but this time teasing him with my tongue. I felt his hand on the back of my thighs creeping up to my back and under the strap of my bra. He suddenly pulled away "Wait" he said worriedly. "Are you sure you really want to do this? I don't want you to think I'm forcing you."

I buried my face on his chest trying not to laugh. "Are you laughing?" he asked. "Why do you always decide stop at inappropriate times." I snickered. I resumed kissing him and whispered "I love you Wooyoung. I'm sure of this, don't worry." He smiled and we spent the night together, bodies intertwined.