Chapter 10

Fear Of Flying

Hi guys! As I said before, I'd like to give you a head start and take note of the little details from the past chapters, especially this one hehe. I am going to turn this around a little bit because I want it to be different and to somehow make you wonder what really happens in the KPOP industry. I'm posting one chapter and a short side chapter next time, stay tuned. You guys are awesome! and I hope you would continue reading my fic :)

 

Dara's POV

"Okay, I really need to talk to you" Nichkhun said.


"Are you crazy NIchkhun!? Dragging me in here just like that!? What if people see us jesus christ, aren't you contented that I got dragged into your own problem!?" I snapped.


He grabbed my forearms in a tight grip "Listen Dara. I'm sorry for what happened but I don't want to keep secrets from my best friend, so we need to figure this out okay!" he noticed me cringing from his tight grip and decided to let go. "I'm-- I'm sorry."


I held my arms waiting for the pain to wear away. "It's okay, and i'm sorry. I know how you feel. I don't like keeping secrets from Wooyoung either. But, I think telling him would be a bad idea too, since we're both at fault." He seemed to think about what I said.


"I'm actually not allowed to see you right now" Nichkhun joked. "Jin Young-sshi forbid me to talk to you. Hyung gave Wooyoung a heads up too, about the things the media is about to say between us and that he should act as normally as he could so people won't pry into 'your' relationship if anything gets suspicious between us. But, Jin Young-sshi is a bit concerned about you and YG though." It was really nice of JYP to keep our secret. I don't understand people saying JYP is always so full of himself, a perfectionist but a wacko in the entertainment industry. He seemed like a really great guy.


"I guess we're on the same page then" I sighed. "I'm not allowed to even go out, except during shows. Sajangnim got mad at first, but I explained that you and I are most certainly not dating." I saw Nickhun bite his lips.


"I know I was a bit intoxicated that time but," He paused as if he was unsure if he should continue. "I'm sober enough to remember you kissing me back. Why?" The question caught me off guard. I looked at him asking myself the same question in my head. Why? Maybe because he needed someone that time? Maybe I wanted to make him feel better? I really don't know.


I saw Nichkhun grin. "Ha! You liked it didn't you?" He teased.


I gasped and punched him in the shoulder "Screw you!"


"Ow!" He flinched and continued laughing. "But seriously, thank you for keeping me sane that time. I appreciate it--"


We then heard footsteps coming from outside. Nichkhun pulled me behind the rack of trench coats. We both crouched down and hid. The door opened. "Yes, yes. We need those for SHINee." A staff from Inkigayo came in with a bunch of tuxedos dangling in her arms, holding her phone in between her shoulder and her hear "I told them already. I need those jackets by next week. Can you please follow-up?" She placed the tuxedos in an empty rack.


We silently watched her behind the wall of coats. I noticed Nichkhun's hand still on my shoulder and felt a sudden rush. We were so close to each other that I could almost feel him breathing. His hair lightly covered his brown eyes, skin as flawless as a woman's face, his lips we're a perfect shade of pink. No wonder girls fawn over him."You're staring at me" Nichkhun whispered.


I did not seem to notice that I was already facing him. I quickly turned away. I could feel my face burning red, good thing the room was dark enough to hide it. "Okay, okay. I'm just returning the tux in the wardrobe room. I'm on my way." the girl said as she went out of the room.


We sighed in relief then made our way out of the heavy heaps of synthetic fabric. Nichkhun helped me out and we ended up being awkward with each other. "Uhm, I'll go back now. They're probably looking for me." I said to break the silence.


Nichkhun scratched the back of his head awkwardly "Yeah, me too."


*****************************************************************************************************************************************************


It took a week and a half for the issue to die, also me avoiding the outside world. I had to lie low. The only contact i've had with Wooyoung was through the phone. I couldn't come over to his place and he couldn't come over to ours for safety measures. I received a handful of threats on the internet too.


"@krungy21 I hate you! Nichkhun is ours you can never have him!!"

"@krungy21 you "

"@krungy21 I HOPE U CAN HEAR US CRYING COZ U STOLE KHUN FROM US"

"@krungy21 Yoona is much better than you! >:P"

"@khunnie0624 and @krungy21?? are you people ting me? this can't happen!!"

"@krungy 21 This is unacceptable!! >.< KhuNa forever!!"


Most of them were on Yoona's side, probably because she's popular and prettier. But there were also some nice tweets.


"@krungy21 Dara unnie I think you and Nichkhun are cute together!! ^^"

"@krungy21 I hope you two are really dating! I don't like Yoona for Nichkhun lol"

"Everyone stop bashing @krungy21 you're all overreacting, we don't know what really happened."

"Still hoping @0430yes and @krungy21 were dating, but KhunDara is cute too <3"


People might not think that I actually read their tweets, but I do from time to time. It's scary how the netizens can bring you down. Anonymously destroying someone emotionally, that's the internet for me. Another celebrity couple rumor surfaced the internet. It caused a bigger commotion because it involved JYJ. So our own issue kind of died, and that was great for I can see Wooyoung again.


Everyday I wish me and Wooyoung could live normally like regular couples, but being idols you have to think of the people that may be affected, and those were the fans. If they hate you, they really do hate you. I'm immensely preparing myself for the hate i'm about to get. 2PM's fans are mostly girls, so that means every girl celebrity about a few inches near them or possibly breathing the same air, is considered dead-meat, and who knows what they're capable of doing.


"Dara-unnie." I was deep within my thoughts when Minji said my name. "Here, tea." and handed me a warm cup of tea.


I smiled "Thanks Minji" and took a sip hoping that tea would make everything better. Me and Minji were in the living room watching television. CL went out with Jiyong and Seungri, and then Bom was with Gummy.


"You're birthday's tomorrow unnie. Are you and Wooyoung-oppa going out?" Minji asked.


I almost forgot all about my birthday until Minji pointed it out. "I really don't know, we don't exactly have plans for tomorrow and I don't think i'm allowed to go out yet."


"Aw too bad. I'm sure Wooyoung-oppa misses you." she said. I did miss Wooyoung. I wanted to see him already, feel his lips again, his touch and pinching his cheeks.


"And I miss him too." I said as I stared at the cup i'm holding.


We were watching We Got Married. The featured couple were Leeteuk and Kang Sora. Watching that made me wonder if it's really all for 'show', because there's always that possibility that those couples may actually fall in love with each other, off-screen or on-screen. What if they have lovers outside that had to bear watching this agonizing show just for mass entertainment? that after taping and pretending to be madly in love with each other, they'd just switch back to their normal celebrity lives.


My phone suddenly rang. I checked to see who it was. *Sajangnim*. I then nervously answered. "Hello?"


"Dara, you're free to go out again. The issue died down quickly than I've expected and--"


"--gaaahh thank you sajangnim! Thank you so so much!" I almost jumped in excitement and spilled my tea, Minji giving me a confused look.


I heard YG's faint laugh. "Okay, but you still have to be careful from now on. Understand?"


"Yes sajangnim I promise. Thank you!" I assured.


"And as I was trying to say, I need you and Bom to brainstorm on new album ideas with Teddy tomorrow at the headquarters." All of my feelings suddenly went down. "I know it's your birthday but the people won't wait, can they? I guess you can consider my permission for you to go out again as an early gift but still, enjoy your day tomorrow." He continued.


On the bright side of things, at least I was free again. I faked a laugh. "Well, thank you again sajangnim I really appreciate it." then we both hung up.


I looked at Minji and said "I can go out again!" trying to be positive as possible.


"That's great unnie!" she smiled widely.


I quickly texted Wooyoung to tell him the good news. *I'm allowed to go out again! ^_^ Let's hang out tomorrow. I miss you already <3*  I intentionally did not remind him of birthday to see if he remembers.


A few minutes later I received a reply from him *That's great news! but sorry love, i'm quite busy :( I hope you understand*


Wooyoung forgot my birthday.