COMFORT

Baby Sit

I sat in my room.Kicking the blankets till it finally landed on the floor.I picked it up and kicked it again,to the floor.

 

My brain was obviously not working,so I just continued doing the same stupid thing until my phone rang.

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

"Jin ah,you're not coming over?"

 

I face palmed myself,"Ah,forgot about homework."

 

"Argh kwenchana,erm,can you come over and say goodnight to the kids?They refuse to sleep."

 

I laughed and my mother knocked on my door,"Are you going crazy in there?"

 

"Ah umma,I'll talk to you tomorrow please just spare me for now."

 

"I promise I'm going to have that talk with you whether you like it or not."

 

"Ara ara."

 

Zelo cleared his throat,"Jin?"

 

"I'm coming."

 

I went downstairs to Zelo's house after grabbing my work and he opened the door.

 

"They refuse to sleep,they want to see you,some secret meeting or something,they won't even let me into the room."

 

I giggled and went to Hyunwoo's room.

 

I knocked on the door and Hyunmi called out,"Who is that?"

 

"Aish its Minnie noona,can't you hear the way she knocks?"

 

"Waeyo?Is it different from hyung's?"

 

"Ani,only noona and hyung's style of knocking is different from other people."

 

I looked behind at Zelo and cleared my throat,"Ehem,I'm still waiting."

 

They opened up and Hyunmi pointed to Zelo,"Oppa,you are to stay out here until we call you in,arasso?"

 

He scoffed,"Yah I don't have time to play with you guys,its late and we have work to do."

 

"Ani oppa,we have serious business,so you stay out here."

 

She pulled me into the room and locked the door.

 

The three of them sat facing me and I stared at them,"Is there something wrong?"

 

"Unnie,what did you do to oppa?"

 

"What did I do to him?"

 

Hyunwoo pushed a piece of paper to me,"These are the people who have called hyung by his name and have never been seen again."

 

I took the paper,"Its just one person."

 

"Nae,but these are the ones that have gone through his silent treatment after calling him by his real name."

 

I stared at the new list,"Wow,that's a lot of people."

 

I looked at the first paper,"Choi Jonghyun?"

 

"His friend,ex friend,Hyunshin ah,what is a friend that was a friend but is now not a friend?"Hyunwoo asked his brother.

 

"Erm,once a friend?"

 

"Yes he was once a friend,but something happened and Zelo hyung and his friend fought,so hyung left."

 

My eyes widened,"Wow that bad?"

 

Hyunwoo nodded,"Noona,you are the first person that hyung has not gotten angry with for using his name."

 

"Jeongmal?"

 

"Yah,I'm still out here you know?"Zelo called out.

 

I looked at the three of them and Hyunshin held my hand,"Noona,you're the only one that hyung has accepted after a really long time."

 

Zelo knocked on the door,"Yah,you guys done?"

 

Hyunmi nodded and I called him,"Junhong ah,iliwa."

 

The three froze when I called his name,but Zelo came in like it was nothing at all.

 

"What were you guys talking about?"

 

Hyunwoo kept the papers in his drawer,"Hyung,you can have noona back now."

 

"Ah,chakaman,what secret were you guys talking about that I can't be here?"

 

I held Hyunmi and Hyunshin's hand and pulled them up,"Lets go back to your rooms!"

 

I kissed Hyunwoo on his head and wished him a goodnight before tucking the other two in.

 

Zelo just watched me while I put them to bed.

 

I closed their doors and turned to him,"Ready for work?"

 

He nodded and we went to his room to finish our work.

 

"Junhong ah."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"We have a project coming up,wanna work together?"

 

"Mm,what about your friends?"

 

"What about my friends?"

 

"I mean,don't they want to group up with you?"

 

"Then who will work with you?You don't know anyone in school.I don't want you to sacrifice anything for me."

 

I laughed and he covered my mouth,"Yah yah its late,keep your voice down."

 

I giggled,"Mianhe,hajiman,you're my friend,I'm more than happy to be able to work with you."

 

"Jeongmal?"

 

"Mm,you even let me call you by your name,so you're special to me now."

 

He stared at me for a while before continuing with his work,"They told you huh?"

 

"Something like that,yeah."

 

He sighed and I nudged him,"Yah,friends share everything,I told you my story,its your turn."

 

He stopped writing and put his things down.He went over to his cupboard and dug around before pulling out an old skateboard.

 

He showed it to me,"See this?"

 

The bottom of the skateboard had two signatures there.

 

"Yeah."

 

He pointed to one signature,"This belongs to that guy."

 

I nodded and he pointed to the crack in the middle of the board,"This,he did this."

 

He pointed to another broken part of the board,a piece was missing,"This,I threw it at him and he blocked it."

 

"Junhong ah."

 

He threw the board back into the cupboard,"That's how our friendship was like,at the end though."

 

He sat down at the bottom of his bed and I moved to sit with him.

 

"We had the same surname and everybody called us brothers,inseparable.We bought that skateboard together after saving up.We took turns looking after it,riding it,it was fun."

 

I leaned on Zelo's shoulder,seems like fun has always been a part of his life.

 

"Then it was my turn to play with it that day,but he refused to give it to me.That was after two years of owning the board,he took it to some championship that I entered."

 

"Oh."

 

"It was freestyle,they didn't take down your particulars,just your name initials and which district you belonged to."

 

"He had the same surname and district as you?"

 

Zelo nodded,"That's why he told me he never cheated,it was him that was supposed to be in the competition,not me."

 

He took a deep breath and continued,"I practiced really hard and he just took my spot like that,but I told myself it was okay,as long as he won it."

 

"Did he?"

 

Zelo scoffed,"He lost badly,fell a couple of times even on the simplest stunts,nervousness,he didn't practice that well."

 

"So what happened?"

 

"Crazy teenager,he raged and blamed me for ruining his chance and that I did something to the board.But I never got a chance to touch it before his competition,bloody bas-"

 

He took another deep breath,"He got angry with the damn skateboard and broke it right in front of my face.My first skateboard,my hobby,my inspiration and he broke it.I grabbed a part of it and threw it at him but that idiot punched it to a lamp post like some movie and a piece broke off."

 

I held his hand and looked at him,"Kwenchana?"

 

He sighed,"I moved out from there,crazy idiot,the way he calls my name,the way any of those people during that time called my name just irks me."

 

So that was why.

 

He squeezed my hand,"Am I scaring you?"

 

I shook my head,"Aniyo,just pour it out,it'll make you feel better."

 

He sighed and leaned his head back on his bed,"Mm,komawo,now,how long?"

 

"Bwoh?"

 

"How long have you liked that guy?"

 

"Oh,erm,"I thought about it,"A month?"

 

He chuckled and passed my work to me,"Kwenchana,it wasn't very long,it'll pass."

 

"Maybe."

 

"Why maybe?"

 

We did our work and I sighed,"He confessed to me,that's why I was confused."

 

"Woah,what are you going to do?"

 

"I don't know man,yah,you're my friend,stay with me on this one okay?"

 

He scoffed,"Isn't that what friends are for?"

 

"Then guide and watch and tell me when something is going to go wrong,because sometimes I can't see,arasso?"

 

He looked at me and realised I was serious.

 

He put his hand on my shoulder,"I promise to go through this with you okay?"

 

I smiled and nodded,"That's more like it."

 

 

 

=========================================================================================================================